Suggestions for a new headset?

A few years ago I was surprised with a pair of Astro A50s, I really enjoyed them but sadly the rechargeable battery has got to the point where it wont hold a charge for very long.

While I enjoyed the wireless life I would like to purchase a wired headset with hopes that it will last me longer.

I come here looking for suggestions, having heard really good things about the Kingston HyperX Cloud II I'm kinda leaning towards them.

I'm a glasses wearer and would require something that doesn't squeeze them into my skull. I found the A50s very comfortable despite the extra weight.

Possibly looking to pick something over over the Black Friday sale (I live in Canada). I don't mind paying a little extra for a quality headset don't want to go into the realms of what Astro headsets cost.
    Last edited by Aux; 2016-11-23 at 04:27 PM.

If you don't mind two cables, pick up a pair of Sennheiser 558/598 and a ModMic 4. It'll blow any of the "gaming" headsets out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    If you don't mind two cables, pick up a pair of Sennheiser 558/598 and a ModMic 4. It'll blow any of the "gaming" headsets out of the water.
    I was thinking about going that route as well. Stupid question but I have to jump through hoops in order to get push to talk to work?

Also (should of said this before) I only have my on board sound card, was under the impression that to take full advantage of 3.5mm it required a sound card.

As you can see I know very little about sound. =\
    Last edited by Aux; 2016-11-23 at 04:56 PM.

An external mic should act exactly like a headset mic. Here is the setup I have been using for almost 2 years now. Its been amazing and my headphones sound/look as good as the day I bought them.

Audio-Technica m50x
    Fiio E10K headphone amp and dac (basically an excelent amp and sound card in one)
    and a Samson Meteorite USB mic.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS