Thread: Sub leges!!!

Sub leges!!!

Hi all happy pre day of turkeys

This week's discussion what do we feel are the most powerful leges for raiding?

What are the best for m plus?

And last do we think the boots will still be the best lege post nerf?

Also yay for giant shadow noVA buffs have a great day turkey day and slay many turkeys ie fel basilisk

Shadow Nova buff? You mean the daft one that makes it so our single target abilities cause AoE around us, as if the problem with it and Akaari's Soul breaking CC wasn't already bad enough. :/ There's already discussion on legendary items though.

Think of the turkeys and this is a huge st buff so take it

Quote Originally Posted by Abalon View Post
    Think of the turkeys and this is a huge st buff so take it
    I'm from England, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

It's also going to be balanced either way so makes no difference, and is literally useless for AoE considering we FoK instead at 3 targets (with dance), it just makes breaking CC even worse for PvP and that's it. They're still yet to fix Akaari's Soul. :/
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-11-23 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Shadow Nova buff? You mean the daft one that makes it so our single target abilities cause AoE around us, as if the problem with it and Akaari's Soul breaking CC wasn't already bad enough. :/ There's already discussion on legendary items though.
    Let me preface this by saying I play assassination mainly and only do sub for WQ's, that being said I run with a mythic guild so I like to think I have a solid understanding of how the game works. I don't understand how the Shadow Nova change is any worse than what is live, with a modicum of awareness you shouldn't be breaking CC with it currently, and now you can get 3-4 Shadow Novas per shadow dance which is a massive damage boost to ST. Not to mention that CC is only ever used in high M+ and should always be done before the pull followed by the group being pulled back out of Shadow Nova range. Please explain how this is a problem in any relevant content, I am very curious the reasoning behind everyone shitting on the changes beyond that is what they have read so now they are repeating it like gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by EntropyWarrior View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I play assassination mainly and only do sub for WQ's, that being said I run with a mythic guild so I like to think I have a solid understanding of how the game works. I don't understand how the Shadow Nova change is any worse than what is live, with a modicum of awareness you shouldn't be breaking CC with it currently, and now you can get 3-4 Shadow Novas per shadow dance which is a massive damage boost to ST. Not to mention that CC is only ever used in high M+ and should always be done before the pull followed by the group being pulled back out of Shadow Nova range. Please explain how this is a problem in any relevant content, I am very curious the reasoning behind everyone shitting on the changes beyond that is what they have read so now they are repeating it like gospel.
    I'm talking mostly from a PvP perspective like I said. The reason I'm not breaking CC right now is because I simply didn't pick the artifact trait up because of how stupid such a thing making it out of Alpha even is. Hell, I only got the Akaari's Soul this week because I just refused to get it whilst I was still PvPing.

Sure, in Mythics you can CC and move back but you could also just not have something that deals AoE damage on single-target abilities instead, or bring another class/spec and save time on moving away when you could just kill stuff immediately. If they made Shadow Nova procc when you FoK that would make so much more sense, firstly because you don't Shadow Strike on 3+ targets (I'm sure we'll get the simmed numbers soon to see if that changes), and secondly it's literally just an extra damage attack on the back of another ability and we already have Akaari's for that. It just seems daft, basically. Why not make it FoK instead, or maybe procc from FoK hitting targets with Nightblade. Make it more interactive and make it so Nightblade on multiple targets is still priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I'm talking mostly from a PvP perspective like I said. The reason I'm not breaking CC right now is because I simply didn't pick the artifact trait up because of how stupid such a thing making it out of Alpha even is. Hell, I only got the Akaari's Soul this week because I just refused to get it whilst I was still PvPing.

Sure, in Mythics you can CC and move back but you could also just not have something that deals AoE damage on single-target abilities instead, or bring another class/spec and save time on moving away when you could just kill stuff immediately. If they made Shadow Nova procc when you FoK that would make so much more sense, firstly because you don't Shadow Strike on 3+ targets (I'm sure we'll get the simmed numbers soon to see if that changes), and secondly it's literally just an extra damage attack on the back of another ability and we already have Akaari's for that. It just seems daft, basically. Why not make it FoK instead, or maybe procc from FoK hitting targets with Nightblade. Make it more interactive and make it so Nightblade on multiple targets is still priority.
    Fair enough, I missed your post about PvP. I do agree it does seem a little redundant considering Akaari's does pretty much the exact same thing however I disagree about a mythic+ group not pulling groups back. Even as outlaw or assassination we have random AoE's(greed and poison bomb) so regardless of which spec you are playing pulling groups away from CC'd targets will need to be done.
    Last edited by EntropyWarrior; 2016-11-23 at 11:30 PM.