Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic+ timer should go by the average ilvl of the group

On keys without an affix the timer should depend on the average groups ilvl so that people gearing up on a low ilvl don't get discriminated on. This also would hurt carry groups which is bad for the game because it forces people to just go get their key carried instead of interacting with other players on the same "level" as them people around the same ilvl should want to play together and do content that will be challenging for them equally.

The way the game is now if you are a DPS under 870 ilvl goodluck getting into anything.
    Last edited by JonBeMerkin; 2016-11-23 at 04:31 PM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Aren't carry groups good for low ilvls with keys?

Quote Originally Posted by CowPond View Post
    Did you read my thread..? Anything in a game whether it be PvP or PvE that allows people to get carried should be removed from the game. People are even selling +10 keys to lower ilvl players its ridiculous. But its not just the carry groups its the fact that higher ilvl is better than lower ilvl in these lower keys which i personally feel shouldn't be that way. People should be able to gear up on these low level keys and not get declined because everyone just wants a higher ilvl. This means that lower ilvl players are getting slowly pushed out of the game on content that their gear is designed for. Basically a level 2 key should be just as challenging for a group of people with an average ilvl of 850 then it is for a group of people that have 880 ilvl.

And i want to stress again, just lower keys.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    But its not just the carry groups its the fact that higher ilvl is better than lower ilvl in these lower keys which i personally feel shouldn't be that way. People should be able to gear up on these low level keys and not get declined because everyone just wants a higher ilvl.
    Playing the game and getting gear is too much of an advantage, Blizz pls nerf.

That would ruin the whole point of mythic+. Just start your own group, find some friends, get in a guild.

It should not be just as hard for a group of 880's. Now you are discriminating against the characters with higher ilvl to be able to 3 chest a low mythic+.

I agree that there are a lot of times where my 865 ilvl frost dk would get declined to a mythic+3 for some reason(even though I would most likely out dps most classes), but others make the group they have the say in whom they want to invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would that hurt carry groups? It'd just make carry groups have the people getting carried unequip all their gear and stay dead the entire time so their ilvl drags the average WAY down.

But seriously, what would you hope to accomplish from this? the community would just agree on an ilvl sweet spot, be it 840 or 880, and if you're not at that sweet spot you'd just never get in, no matter if you're above or below it.

The entire point of mythic+ is that the level you're doing is what determines the difficulty, not anything else. Don't want to get carried in a +2? Sure, make your own group and invite people around your ilvl. Wanna get carried in a +10? Sure, invite people in 880 or higher.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    On keys without an affix the timer should depend on the average groups ilvl so that people gearing up on a low ilvl don't get discriminated on. This also would hurt carry groups which is bad for the game because it forces people to just go get their key carried instead of interacting with other players on the same "level" as them people around the same ilvl should want to play together and do content that will be challenging for them equally.

The way the game is now if you are a DPS under 870 ilvl goodluck getting into anything.
    WRONGGGGG. This isn't a participation trophy type instance, this is meet the timer or sit on the sideline and cry about it. Period. As they say, git guud
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

No, no and no. Terrible idea.

The mythic+ is a progression system and its perfect. There is a growing difficulty curve from normals, to heroics to mythics to mythic+. Any person can find an appropriate challenge for their skill and gear level, the system is amazing.

Form your group if you have difficulty getting accepted. Is your character properly itemized, gemmed and enchanted?

Quote Originally Posted by CowPond View Post
    They only exist for faceroll MoS, try to find a HoV boost grp with your undergeared alts and tell me when you find one
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

On keys without an affix the timer should depend on the average groups ilvl so that people gearing up on a low ilvl don't get discriminated on.
    How is the M+ system any different from raiding on? Will you suggest the same thing for raids with lower iLvls?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

"im mad cause im bad and low ilvl" that's all im hearing
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    They only exist for faceroll MoS, try to find a HoV boost grp with your undergeared alts and tell me when you find one
    I regularly see boost groups for +2/+3 anything.
    That said, you probably won't find a boost for +5 or above for anything but MoS

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhh no. You want gear to mean nothing outside of a few specific areas of content?

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    "im mad cause im bad and low ilvl" that's all im hearing
    and dont have guildmates

sry op, but in a mmoRPG gear is there to have a value.

Timer almost is irrelevant. It's the AP that most are after. And that doesn't matter even if you just 1 chest it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Atleast on EU many are willing to do maw/dht/lair with some doing court too. Even tho Maw is main.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    Basically a level 2 key should be just as challenging for a group of people with an average ilvl of 850 then it is for a group of people that have 880 ilvl.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Atleast on EU many are willing to do maw/dht/lair with some doing court too. Even tho Maw is main.
    Yeah, pretty much.
    I spent a good few days boosting DHT 2-5 personally, since MoS boosting was completely saturated and it took forever to find someone to boost.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I did a couple of weeks ago on my holy priest. Sure, the first carry group declined me, but got one on the second try. Didn't even take me 5 min and that was despite having to look for groups that wanted to carry a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Boost groups for +2/+3 are long gone ... very few people bother with those anymore. It was always the weak link of M+ content. It keeps geared people doing 5 man content longer but they will outgrow it at some point.
    Right now it's 4+ and soon you'll only have 6/7+