Thread: [Music] Metal

Thrash is sorta my metal roots, in that my dad would always be listening to Metallica and Suicidal Tendencies when I was younger. I actually grew to hate both bands, and I got into Maiden as my "first" metal band I was actually super in to. That led to Children of Bodom and a bunch of melodeath, the first thrash band I got super into was Megadeth when my mom gave me her copy of Rust In Peace.

I'm way late to the party but I just finished Saor's new album, that was pretty good. Might crack my top 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    What in the holy fuck is this lineup
    http://tonsofrock.no/

I'm not gonna pretend like this show wouldn't be a ton of fun to be at, though
    That lineup is fucked up, but there's some great bands though. And at least you get to go home early.

Melodeath is the best gateway genre. It opens you up to basically everything

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    And it never gets old either.
    Agreed, my driving music is almost always classic speed/heavy metal or melodeath. Can listen to melodeath all day and never get tired of it

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like melodeath bar a couple of bands. I can listen to good thrash metal and power metal all day though but don't think there's many power metal fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I really don't like melodeath bar a couple of bands. I can listen to good thrash metal and power metal all day though but don't think there's many power metal fans here.
    I'm pretty big into PM, my AOTYSF is Avantasia

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jester Race is GOAT driving music.

Well, the melo-death I listen to nowadays is basically limited to At the Gates up to Slaughter of the Soul, some Dark Tranquillity albums, In Flames up to and including Clayman and some Soilwork albums, but those don't get old for me and it's not like I really dislike the rest.
    I like old Dark Tranquillity. The Gallery is an excellent album. I like old At the Gates and the Haunted, but that is probably it. There might be a few more like older Amon Amarth. It's really not for me. Similar with death metal. Again there are some bands I like (Death, Obituary, Gorefest, Nile and some more) but most I can't listen to it. My wife is into brutal death and most of it doesn't appeal to me. It's odd because I like brutal black, and she doesn't.

The Jester Race is GOAT driving music.
    Yesterday while driving around for work I was jamming Subterranean and Jester Race to see which version of Dead Eternity I liked more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    My wife is into brutal death and most of it doesn't appeal to me. It's odd because I like brutal black, and she doesn't.
    Slam is a genre I can listen to for like, 1 album at a time max. I see the appeal in the genre and more power to people that can "slam" album after album, but I just can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty big into PM, my AOTYSF is Avantasia
    I actually haven't listened to that yet. Gotta look into it.

Anomalies Of Artificial Origin is one of the only slam albums I really like from front to back because of how fun it is.

I feel a doom kick coming on soon, gonna have to rock out to some Reverend Bizarre and Pagan Altar
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-11-22 at 09:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the holy fuck is this lineup
    http://tonsofrock.no/

I'm not gonna pretend like this show wouldn't be a ton of fun to be at, though
    Shit? Though that's probably a bit too mild a term.

http://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/shop...ck-friday.html

Nuclear Blast has their Black Friday sales up. There's a couple LPs here I might pick up

Track of the day - Tank with "Shellshock"

10+ Year Old Account
    New Bethlehem track:

Got the latest Nails EP on vinyl for like 8 bucks, not too shabby.

Also Tank rules

10+ Year Old Account

Guys from Katatonia, Swallow the Sun and October Tide team up to drop a super sad doom record with heavy synths and female vocals.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to confess that I just now discovered the epicness that is Dream Theater. I knew them before, mainly because of Petrucci, but didn't listen into their music too much.

This is the metal of my dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I have to confess that I just now discovered the epicness that is Dream Theater. I knew them before, mainly because of Petrucci, but didn't listen into their music too much.

This is the metal of my dreams.
    Listen to this, thank me later.

Deleted

Good stuff.

Apologies if they have been mentioned recently.