Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Then you understand the reasoning behind the EC - slavery.

The merits of EC vs popular vote for President stack only on one side - popular vote. The EC gives unfavorable power to smaller states and disenfranchises individual voters. If we can drop the snarkiness (both sides) I'm curious about your thoughts.

(although this is the wrong thread, lol)
    You either didn't read what I said, or you don't understand. I will say it again, since I may have worded it too well for you to follow.

I think being against the EC because the founding fathers were slave owners is fucking retarded. I think being in favor of the EC because the founding fathers were of super human intellect, is fucking retarded. The merits of the idea still exist today. There are pages and pages of threads on this, including an EC mega thread. If you want to re-argue the pros and cons of the EC, I mean you should probably just hop in that thread. But, I predict you will not be able to understand what they are talking about, since you literally just struggled to read and comprehend my handful of sentences on the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Russia isn't part of the EU, and the EU has no leader.

OnTopic: If there is serious doubt, recount. Otherwise it will hunt whichever president the US gets for as long as he/she stays in power. And with the Russians backing up Trump, and the hacking of the Democratic Party by the Russians, i'd say there is doubt enough.
    I think you should read less tabloids and conspiracy theory websites.

Also, regardless of EU status, there is a continent there, called Europe. And part of Russia is in it. So, when a person says "your continent", it literally has fuck all to do with the EU. The EU is not a continent. Just sayin...
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-11-23 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I rather let this die down. If you think left was "angry" after the loss, right will make it look like kiddie game. Better thing to do at this moment is to just neuter Trump. Fortunately for us, Trump has broken half of his promises already and he is not even in office. Unfortunately for you and me, he was not voted in with any expectations.
    So... it would be better to be held hostage by a possible violent minority rather than having a fair election? ^^"

Deleted
    Instead of wasting countless hours in trying denying that the other side won (or belittling those that lost), just move already and help those in need around you. Further aggravating the political division doesn't fix anything and only pushes people away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    As a Liberal who voted for Hillary and hates Trump - he won fair and square. Let's not stoop down to Trump's level by calling the election rigged.
    How did he win fair and square when Hillary got most votes and he still won? That's what normal people call rigged.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You either didn't read what I said, or you don't understand. I will say it again, since I may have worded it too well for you to follow.

I think being against the EC because the founding fathers were slave owners is fucking retarded. I think being in favor of the EC because the founding fathers were of super human intellect, is fucking retarded. The merits of the idea still exist today. There are pages and pages of threads on this, including an EC mega thread. If you want to re-argue the pros and cons of the EC, I mean you should probably just hop in that thread. But, I predict you will not be able to understand what they are talking about, since you literally just struggled to read and comprehend my handful of sentences on the subject.
    Yeah, you're a hoot to chat with. You should more than likely take your own advice, read what I said, and perhaps jump on the mega thread yourself. Nothing above is anything more than your inability to understand what I said in the first place, and then lashing out because ignorance/rage. Fun!

There are no modern merits to the EC. Those ended more than a century ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jill Stein to request election recounts in battleground states

If US Greens didnt learn their lesson in 2000, they did it again in 2016. I guess after months of shitting on Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein has a sudden case of buyers remorse.

Yeah, you're a hoot to chat with. You should more than likely take your own advice, read what I said, and perhaps jump on the mega thread yourself. Nothing above is anything more than your inability to understand what I said in the first place, and then lashing out because ignorance/rage. Fun!

There are no modern merits to the EC. Those ended more than a century ago.
    You don't need to restate your opinion to me. I understood it immediately. It is you who is struggling, not me.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

If US Greens didnt learn their lesson in 2000, they did it again in 2016. I guess after months of shitting on Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein has a sudden case of buyers remorse.
    Lol, yeah - she probably thought she do her crazy routine and still have Hillary waltz in. Whoops.

Meh, more desperate attempts by the Left and the Dems to try to de-legitamize Trump.

The Left knows that the pubs won a historic sweeping victory (who controls every branch of gov't after this election?) in a total rejection of the left's ideas and policies.

The press was in collusion with the Dems to get Hillary elected, they went in so deep that they began to believe their own lies and never saw the Trump victory coming.

The Left is now stunned they didn't win and can not believe it! So they are acting like every single spoiled child that lost......... They should just crawl back into their "safe spots."

If they were mature adults, they would wait until Trump took office and actually give him a chance. They say how Trump has to "bring the country together." The healing can start when the left stops continuously attack Trump and actually moves on (but they never will, they are too arrogant and spoiled).

I haven't liked the results of some elections, but I always gave the winner a fair shot. It is stunning how the left is still in rabid dog attack mode even after the election is over. I feel like the election hasn't ended..... They are like Adele in that song where she says "for me, it isn't over." Everyone else has moved on already though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    How did he win fair and square when Hillary got most votes and he still won? That's what normal people call rigged.
    Let it go!

People don't get it! Hillary was a bad candidate. This will give dems a fresh start. No matter how well you run things, people will always find reason to criticize.

Trump will do good by rich people. He will be the punishment Trump voters deserve and Obama failed to deliver. IF you want to teach aging white people a lesson, get rid of Medicare and privatize SS. I hope to "GOD" it happens. I am a bit of sadist and I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The rules of the electoral college - rules I strongly feel should be removed - state that Donald Trump won. I've made a few posts about the EC/Senate so I'll refrain from repeating myself, but by our current rules of play, Donald Trump is our president.

A popular vote should elect the President though.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I really cannot fucking stand that retard or Gary Johnson. Them pretending Trump and Clinton are the same and barfing that garbage out the entire time despite knowing they have a literal zero chance is what gave us Trump.

I dont know if any of this recount shit is legit, but seeing her or Johnson spearheading it is an absolute joke.

Deleted
    Instead of wasting time and resources now, they should focus in changing the election process for the future. But, obviously, no one really wants to change the EC votes, because could be of their advantage someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Good.
    If there is any doubt, they should recount just to make sure everything was okay.
    But I do not understand why she would need 2 million dollar to do that.
    In our system, the legal fees for legal challenges are paid for by the challenger, with some exceptions upon victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Meh, more desperate attempts by the Left and the Dems to try to de-legitamize Trump.

The Left knows that the pubs won a historic sweeping victory (who controls every branch of gov't after this election?) in a total rejection of the left's ideas and policies.

The press was in collusion with the Dems to get Hillary elected, they went in so deep that they began to believe their own lies and never saw the Trump victory coming.

The Left is now stunned they didn't win and can not believe it! So they are acting like every single spoiled child that lost......... They should just crawl back into their "safe spots."

If they were mature adults, they would wait until Trump took office and actually give him a chance. They say how Trump has to "bring the country together." The healing can start when the left stops continuously attack Trump and actually moves on (but they never will, they are too arrogant and spoiled).

I haven't liked the results of some elections, but I always gave the winner a fair shot. It is stunning how the left is still in rabid dog attack mode even after the election is over. I feel like the election hasn't ended..... They are like Adele in that song where she says "for me, it isn't over." Everyone else has moved on already though.....

Historic eh? So when dems took over Congress and Presidency in 2008, it was a sweeping victory too and a total rejection of conservative in-breeding? Do explain. Go on. It must be weird to win at that "scale' while failing to get even 50% vote let alone most vote.

Why do I find so many conservatives so simple, to put it nicely? Many really believe this is last election! Ofcourse they also believed Obama was(is) planning to take over US on the behalf of his muslim/globalist masters.

Mature adults don't use words like historic without checking dictionary.

It wouldn't. I'm saying do all three of those things and we'd be a modern voting nation.
    you have an odd idea of modern.

edit:

effectively tossing everything into one pile and tallying up the results effectively and taking majority rules.

this isn't new or modern and the only reason is isn't used is due to the wide array of differing ideals across a large region
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2016-11-23 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Instead of wasting time and resources now, they should focus in changes the election process for the future. Both, obviously, no one really wants to change the EC votes, because could be of their advantage someday...
    You are correct that they should be careful what they wish for.

However, in order to change the US constitution, you need 75% of the state legislatures to agree. Currently, the argument in favor of it is to protect the rural voter from the bloated coastal population advantages. Since those folks vote generally Republican, and Republicans control the legislatures in 44 of the 50 states, it's an uphill battle, to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, yeah - she probably thought she do her crazy routine and still have Hillary waltz in. Whoops.
    Ironic, the Greens and other Leftists experience the most gains during 8 years under a moderate Democrat. This emboldens them to poison the well for Democrat voters. Then they lose all their gains or more. I mean the Clean Water Act never recovered the set backs of Bush.

If I dont die from arsenic in my water by 2032, will probably see it happen all over again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    you have an odd idea of modern.

edit:

effectively tossing everything into one pile and tallying up the results effectively and taking majority rules.

this isn't new or modern and the only reason is isn't used is due to the wide array of differing ideals across a large region
    I've read this twice, and it makes less sense than when I started. Wtf is your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Ironic, the Greens and other Leftists experience the most gains during 8 years under a moderate Democrat. This emboldens them to poison the well for Democrat voters. Then they lose all their gains or more. I mean the Clean Water Act never recovered the set backs of Bush.

If I dont die from arsenic in my water by 2032, will probably see it happen all over again.
    Very much so. And yeah, it's a rinse/repeat of 2000 - ironically when the last president won the EC and lost the popular vote.

I've read this twice, and it makes less sense than when I started. Wtf is your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Very much so. And yeah, it's a rinse/repeat of 2000 - ironically when the last president won the EC and lost the popular vote.
    He is saying that your notion that the EC is "outdated" makes little sense when the EC is dynamic, and what you propose is simple arithmetic. Simple math isn't necessarily "more modern" than a dynamic system like the EC.