Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    TBH, I'm not happy that they are doing it at all. I don't need any sort of romance between characters in a fucking FPS.
    so fps are not allowed to have story.
    how boring
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

They havent said it will be anything that big and focused on. It will most likely be part of their past like with everything else for everyone else.

Seriously some typical reactions here.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-24 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    TBH, I'm not happy that they are doing it at all. I don't need any sort of romance between characters in a fucking FPS.
    It's very unlikely it'll be two playable characters in the game that are involved in this. And if you aren't into the whole romance thing, better not look at Widowmaker or Ana

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Its not progressive if they make a point of it.

Why is there a love story in OW? why are they making a point of it being lgbt? to appear progressive when really its artificial and purely for advertising.
    While I agree that announcing it sorta makes it appear disingenuous, the point of the love story is to provide us with more backstory to the characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Its not progressive if they make a point of it.

Why is there a love story in OW? why are they making a point of it being lgbt? to appear progressive when really its artificial and purely for advertising.
    I mean, they didn't announce it at all. People need to stop saying this if they didn't actually watch the Q&A.

They were directly asked "Yo Blizzard why is there no LGBT character?!?!?!"
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And the forums are outraged over this? Lets face the truth:People need to grow up and realize that there are people different from them and learn to respect them.
    I am pretty certain, it's not about LGBT, but a love story in general. It kinda feels out of place in OW right now, if you ask me.
    I don't really mind it tho, as long as it fits. And Blizzard is quite good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy View Post
    I am pretty certain, it's not about LGBT, but a love story in general. It kinda feels out of place in OW right now, if you ask me.
    I don't really mind it tho, as long as it fits. And Blizzard is quite good at that.
    Its already been said by more than one person that its most likely going to be one part of their backstory amongst a myriad of other things. Ya know, just like everything else about the characters already brought up.

Blizzards statement infact, is ambiguous at best. We can only go by how they've dealt with other personality traits and past experiences in relation to the existing characters.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-11-24 at 03:13 PM.

when is this happening? is it even really confirmed or just rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    when is this happening? is it even really confirmed or just rumor?
    It was asked twice, the second time was just recently at blizzcon and they said this LGBT persons story is actually coming soon
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Let's face the truth, having only 2 homosexual characters in the game would make it vastly disproportionate to the number of gays in the real universe,

averaging 3.8% of world pop being gay/lesbian/bi.

One overwatch charater, (as we currently have 23 of them)

would make 1 responsible for 4.3%

2 then making it 8.6% which is more than 2 times what it is in the real world.

That is going by YOUR OWN LOGIC.
    So there can't be any couples kthanks.
    23 people isn't really enough to start talking about statistics. Also, it's a fictional universe. The Overwatch world might me more or less gay-friendly than ours.

I don't think there are going to be any couples, though. Might make things... awkward in game.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2016-11-25 at 12:55 AM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    23 people isn't really enough to start talking about statistics. Also, it's a fictional universe. The Overwatch world might me more or less gay-friendly than ours.

I don't think there are going to be any couples, though. Might make things... awkward in game.
    they just went through a genocidal war about synthetics... prolly not that much more friendly than RL.

Back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They announced it after being asked a direct question about it in a Q&A, there was no fanfare, just a statement of fact answer.
    Technically, yes - but in the past they claimed that they weren't going to make any of the characters have a 'defined sexuality' so that fans could envision them as however they liked. This is strange in itself given that Widowmaker has a husband and Ana has a daughter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Technically, yes - but in the past they claimed that they weren't going to make any of the characters have a 'defined sexuality' so that fans could envision them as however they liked. This is strange in itself given that Widowmaker has a husband and Ana has a daughter though.
    well.. widowmaker had a husband.

the playabler widowmaker and the pre-husband murder 'widowmaker' aren't exactly the same individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    McCree's voice actor (Matt Mercer) expressed approval and support (and headcanon) of McHanzo yesterday on Waifus of Overwatch. Maybe we'll see that after all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    > Best Mom cup.
    > How to Eat Ass book.

She's got it all going on...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    > Best Mom cup.
    > How to Eat Ass book.

She's got it all going on...
    So this thread is about Pharmercy now. Works for me.

Zarya would probably be the most widely accepted option, stepping on least amount of toes, with no negatives other than being boringly predictable. I mean, if it was McCree, a handsome, charismatic stereotype of a cowboy ladiesman, it would feel like forcefeeding. Then the likes of Mercy, a hot woman straight from GirlXGirl dream scenarios, would feel like fanservice. But if Zarya turns out to be gay, people would be "*yawn* called it..." and Blizzard gets away with including LGBT without controversy. Other than maybe some accusations of cop-out, which will likely be as tired as Zarya's original opposition for "being too butch and therefore pandering to SJWs".

Deleted
    They did it on guildwars ages ago. 2 female characters who are lovers. Have not seen them do it with dudes tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Thanks chap, you got me in trouble. Spat my drink all over my lab computer. My professor is fucking pissed at me.
    Damn right, you shouldn't be drinking in the lab >:(

Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-25 at 01:06 PM.