Thumbs up [Dev suggestion] Please Make Reverse Entropy Baseline.

If the Tier 2 changes go live, and RE competes with BD and ELT, then anything other than RE makes Chaos Bolt feel like we're casting from the dark ages. The base cast is too long, and makes the destruction feel extremely slow and clunky. Very un-fun.

With Reverse Entropy baseline (or a reduce of CB cast time), I'll feel easier letting the devs do whatever they want to the talent tree.

At the risk of making a suggestion without a recommended change; You can make Reverse Entropy as it is baseline, but make the new Reverse Entropy something like;

'Rain of Fire refreshes immolate if it hits 3 or more enemies affected by immolate. Also allows every third incinerate to be cast while moving'

I don't know, I haven't really put much thought into it but everyone always says 'blablabla don't make a criticism without making a suggestion, well there it is. Making immolate refreshed by ROF in AOE situations improves our sustained AOE situation which feels pretty clunky too (switch target immo, switch target immo, ROF... mobs are dead, no damage). Hopefully that will allow us to proc some shards from only casting the initial immolates once and then spamming ROF when we can with incincerate as a filler. Also, the cast incinerate while moving will help our movement situation (or lack-thereof).

Thanks,

Raddest

PS. Just make Reverse Entropy baseline ffs

If you have suggestions, you should post them on the official battlenet forum.

There is no use posting anything on the official forums right now, it will be buried under insults and threats against the developers in minutes. You'll make about equal progress writing it on the wall in a bathroom stall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvenheart View Post
    There is no use posting anything on the official forums right now, it will be buried under insults and threats against the developers in minutes. You'll make about equal progress writing it on the wall in a bathroom stall.
    You'd probably get an actual response doing the latter though...

Deleted
    Hello. This is Mr. Blizzard. I have read your post because I have so much time on my hands and don't bother about anything else.
    After I had dinner with Ghostcrawler and Tom Chilton we decided that your logic is flawless and we will implement this immediately.

While we are doing this we are removing Life Tap and Empowered Life Tap from the game because they are completely useless now and we start working on 2 new talents for that row right now.

PS. We at Blizzard are currently hiring. You seem to fit in. ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Hello. This is Mr. Blizzard. I have read your post because I have so much time on my hands and don't bother about anything else.
    After I had dinner with Ghostcrawler and Tom Chilton we decided that your logic is flawless and we will implement this immediately.

While we are doing this we are removing Life Tap and Empowered Life Tap from the game because they are completely useless now and we start working on 2 new talents for that row right now.

PS. We at Blizzard are currently hiring. You seem to fit in. ffs
    Thank you. I look forward to proving my suitability for the job in an interview. ffs

Deleted
    And this will never happen since you can see they are 100 % commited into making mana tap a talent.

/s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    And this will never happen since you can see they are 100 % commited into making mana tap a talent.

/s
    Why the /s? They didn't just tweak it once, they tweaked it in both 7.1.5 iterations. For some reason that is entirely unknown to me, they believe that mana is a great mechanic to have for warlocks and arcane mages, and no other DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Why the /s? They didn't just tweak it once, they tweaked it in both 7.1.5 iterations. For some reason that is entirely unknown to me, they believe that mana is a great mechanic to have for warlocks and arcane mages, and no other DPS.
    "something something class fantasy something"? Think I'll just roll without mana tap, because I don't enjoy that
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    "something something class fantasy something"? Think I'll just roll without mana tap, because I don't enjoy that
    Yeah, I'm sticking with Reverse Entropy even when / if it means no Eradication, at least until I have tier bonus. At that point the cast time reduction might reach a point where it messes with the GCD, but until that becomes an issue I'll avoid having mana where I can.

Deleted
    Noone who can change anything for Warlocks will actually read this.

Besides: It is blatantly clear that they are discouraging Reverse Entropy, because
    a) they want their set bonus to matter (shorter 2nd CB cast time)
    b) they want you to life tap because it's as cool as the warrior's execute...

Therefore, even if anyone in an even remotely qualified position to change anything for warlocks WOULD read it here, they would just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Noone who can change anything for Warlocks will actually read this.

Besides: It is blatantly clear that they are discouraging Reverse Entropy, because
    a) they want their set bonus to matter (shorter 2nd CB cast time)
    b) they want you to life tap because it's as cool as the warrior's execute...

Therefore, even if anyone in an even remotely qualified position to change anything for warlocks WOULD read it here, they would just ignore it.
    This is something that pisses me off so much. Tier sets bonuses should be build around a spec and talents, and not the other way around. Every new tier set causes them to change talents or abilities so the tier set bonuses aren't UP/OP (mostly).

I clicked expecting this to be a plea to an almighty creator to not let the universe die. Lack of sleep has somehow removed my WoW knowledge and replaced it with physics...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I clicked expecting this to be a plea to an almighty creator to not let the universe die. Lack of sleep has somehow removed my WoW knowledge and replaced it with physics...
    The universe is dying?! And this is how you tell us?