Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    How you solve a problem with a talent row that only has one useful point? Nerf that one, so others are less useless.... Thank you for Displacer nerf. Balance druids have so low mobiliy and they reduce it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daefish View Post
    WTF lol. 3 classes can Bloodlust/Heroism (sorry, you don't get exclusive rights to calling it Time-Warp, Shamans had it first). And technically 4 classes can battle rez but I don't really could shaman's reincarnate as a BR since it's exclusive to them only.

I'm not sure what you're saying that here. Yes Bloodlust is probably more powerful than BR but it certainly isn't exclusively the realm of mages.
    Never meant to say it was exclusive to mage, just said that for a buff all raid want (Bloodlust and BR) it's was the most exclusive since only 3 classes have it. In smaller raid, you can end up choosing a mage just for this reason.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    Mages just gotta learn to move intelligently, like most of the other ranged DPS classes have had to for years. Losing damage when you move is nothing new, and it was silly a fire mage could pump out their entire DPS rotation for around 10 full seconds while moving via smart Ice Floes use. That wasn't an option for my balance druid, I have to play smart to move and not lose damage. It's about time you guys need to, too.

By the logic that mages need a buff because they can't lolmove now, the ranged classes who have to turret for their max potential should have higher damage than those who don't while standing still. That isn't the case for the rest of us. Why should it be for you?
    Except that currently on live, even with a super good ability like ice floes, fire mages are quickly falling behind due to poor scaling on every stat apart from crit, which is increasing by a very small amount on gear upgrades (loads of sampled data is available to see this). I have never quite understood the attitude of 'well these classes don't have this fun, useful and interesting ability, therefore you shouldn't have it either' - this kind of attitude only leads to pruning and homogenization. I am not advocating that balance druids or another spec shouldn't also have something that is fun, unique and interesting, but why would you actively want to remove something like that from another class? If it made that class stronger than other classes surely it would be much better to add something to those other classes which (hopefully in a unique way) would make those classes as strong rather than taking away an ability?

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is sad their class or spec isn't mentioned, isn't changed. And I'm over here like Marksman get an insta Sniper Shot for PvP? OKAY

Deleted
    thank god this are not the actual notes.

as a warlock player the lack of buffs would make me furious >:|

All the players who rerolled fotm fire mage are super salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarial View Post
    Except that currently on live, even with a super good ability like ice floes, fire mages are quickly falling behind due to poor scaling on every stat apart from crit, which is increasing by a very small amount on gear upgrades (loads of sampled data is available to see this). I have never quite understood the attitude of 'well these classes don't have this fun, useful and interesting ability, therefore you shouldn't have it either' - this kind of attitude only leads to pruning and homogenization. I am not advocating that balance druids or another spec shouldn't also have something that is fun, unique and interesting, but why would you actively want to remove something like that from another class? If it made that class stronger than other classes surely it would be much better to add something to those other classes which (hopefully in a unique way) would make those classes as strong rather than taking away an ability?
    Welcome to the world of any other Caster ....

>Demonic Infusion swapped places with Fel Devastation

Pretty happy about this. I wasn't looking forward to giving up Fel Dev for Soul Barrier

Quote Originally Posted by Bearun View Post
    Everyone is sad their class or spec isn't mentioned, isn't changed. And I'm over here like Marksman get an insta Sniper Shot for PvP? OKAY

THIS

Man I hope this goes through

So, BM and MM Hunters are getting Freezing Trap and Tar Trap? Cool, it's all we need. Let Explosive be SV only. That's fine with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Since you need it... 3 of your spell that you normally use in your rotation out of 4 are instant, Fire Blast, Phoenix's Flame and Pyro since you either pre-cast it or it's instant (I will comment on the legendary below). If you cannot plan ahead the fight to keep some charge of those when you need to move, you need to learn to plan.

Yes, it's might not be optimal but this is it, you cannot top 3 each boss fight without a draw back. Mage already still bring for some reason the more powerful vs exclusive buff, Time-warp, BR being close in term of power but being accessible to more classes. Melee need to keep their movement speed if they need to move to come back faster, range need to plan their instant cast... And if everything fail, you still have scorch so you still can do something.

For the legendary, not all legendary are good in all situation. Some legendary on not even good at all. You got one that is awesome in some fight, be happy, don't cry for it to be good all the time.

So, do you need a talent that give you cast on move above all that? If the answer is yes and they give it to you, don't wonder why mage are call Blizzard favorite baby.

...Someone got chewed out by the Raid Leader for not outdpsing the mage

Quote Originally Posted by rokkshark View Post
    All the players who rerolled fotm fire mage are super salty.
    Been fire since vanilla that doesn't change the fact that I'm salty at these completely unnecessary changes. Blizzard even said the class was in a good place damage wise.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to ptr due to holiday preparations. Has there been anything else added to beastmaster hunter besides returning the traps? So far I haven't seen anything being done about the downtime in the rotation.

looks like they pulled this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    You're glad? Damn, how bitter of you. What are these other "mechanics" exactly?
    You see, there's this spell called 'Scorch' which allows you to cast while moving, which Fire Mages don't seem to put on their bar....

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    Amazing Lock changes.... Really cant hold in all this excitement by how bad you're going to leave this class.

It's actually entertaining to watch how blizzard manage to pull warlocks into the gutter more and more by each patch. I'm gonna grab my popcorn right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Welcome to the world of any other Caster ....
    I think most people mistake mages for shadowpriests.

Warlocks are better atm(just check the logs) and we are all far behind any decent shadowpriests.

About you other guys tell mages learning to prepare and cast all the instants we have for movement or cast scorch(30k dmg LUL) I can counter that:

Boomkins, just learn to cast moonfire LUL(forgot you can move in the starfall, just learn to prepare for movement right)
    Warlocks, insta dots
    Shadowpriests, more dots
    Elemental shamans, Flame Shock, earth shock.

/sarcasm on
    Yeah we mages are so unlike you guys. We mages can do literally what we want while moving without even hurting the rotation and dps the slightest while you guys can't do shit while moving. /sarcasm off.

The last part is how you others here sounds like. You all know it is a lie. A big mean lie.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2016-11-24 at 04:43 AM.

Deleted
    do we have an estimate on the ETA of the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I think most people mistake mages for shadowpriests.

Warlocks are better atm(just check the logs) and we are all far behind any decent shadowpriests.

About you other guys tell mages learning to prepare and cast all the instants we have for movement or cast scorch(30k dmg LUL) I can counter that:

Boomkins, just learn to cast moonfire LUL(forgot you can move in the starfall, just learn to prepare for movement right)
    Warlocks, insta dots
    Shadowpriests, more dots
    Elemental shamans, Flame Shock, earth shock.

/sarcasm on
    Yeah we mages are so unlike you guys. We mages can do literally what we want while moving without even hurting the rotation and dps the slightest while you guys can't do shit while moving. /sarcasm off.

The last part is how you others here sounds like. You all know it is a lie. A big mean lie.
    So u mean to say..
    Shammies and druids have certain instant spells they can cast while moving, which means they need to plan ahead and use em wisely or they loose DPS by spamming low DPS instants on the move. Just as u do now.
    Warlocks have no dots except affliction. And affliction has no dmg except on fights with adds. The other specs are the most severely punished by movement of all classes and need very careful planning for each step unless u want to keep the tanks company in the logs.
    But mages get the same mortal treatment for the very first time and they freak out. Welcome to being a regular class.

Buffing Frost Mages' PvP-relevant defensive skills? OK, Blizzard, now tell me how do I kill a f*ng Frost Mage tet-a-tet while playing WoW's slowest melee spec with the worst gap-closing abilities (and I mean Frost DK, of course).