Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    This lovely old gem.

"You don't agree with me, so you voted for Trump." Delightful.
    Don't put too many words in my mouth, I'm not that hungry!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Don't put too many words in my mouth, I'm not that hungry!
    Then who is this vague "their" I'm apart of for thinking people are full of shit about banning people for political affiliation being fine?

Deleted
    Biggest mistake you can make is not to separate your business and personal opinion.

This guy is going to lose a lot of business and rightfully so. Just sucks for his employees I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Biggest mistake you can make is not to separate your business and personal opinion.

This guy is going to lose a lot of business and rightfully so. Just sucks for his employees I guess.
    Depends on if he can get any contracts out of it by people who liked his actions. If he already has minimal business dealings with Trump-supporting demographics, the damage from this would be pretty minimal. It's like with chick-fil-a.. business went up in the long run, because their core fans really don't care about it that much and they got in plenty of "screw PC culture" people to get in on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    make it against the law to discriminate against someone based on their political affiliation
    As long as a not insignificant part of Trump supporters demands that they should be allowed to deny service to Homosexuals etc: Lol, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Depends on if he can get any contracts out of it by people who liked his actions. If he already has minimal business dealings with Trump-supporting demographics, the damage from this would be pretty minimal. It's like with chick-fil-a.. business went up in the long run, because their core fans really don't care about it that much and they got in plenty of "screw PC culture" people to get in on it.
    Maybe, but still you should always try to be as neutral as possible with a business.

I don't agree with all my customers either. Sometimes I'm stuck with multiple people that keep on spewing their politics in a business meeting and all I do is raise an eyebrow, shake their hand and thank them for their business/money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    As long as a not insignificant part of Trump supporters demands that they should be allowed to deny service to Homosexuals etc: Lol, no.
    Genuine question - other than the odd Christian baker or wedding venue, how often do LGBT crowd get refused service for being gay ? I'm not being a dick. I really want to know. Because I don't see it often and if I do it's always some "they wouldn't bake a cake"

I run a restaurant. I undoubtedly service gays lesbian and trans everyday. Other than the occasional feminine leaning guy or rather butch woman (not saying that always makes them gay) I couldn't tell which ones were gay or not. And wouldn't give a shit if they were. They want food, I want money. That's all our transaction needs to entail.

Our manager is a lesbian woman that looks talks acts and dresses like a boy. People constantly mistake her for a boy saying things like "thank you sir" or "that guy is helping me" - she doesn't ever get offended. A manager in another location is a rather obvious gay man and he never gets shit either. I live in Texas so I would figure gay bashing would be normal but I live in San Antonio which has a rather large LGBT Hispanic population. So it may just be a I'm sheltered in a rather large town that is more accepting?

Maybe cognitive bias on my part ? I don't give a shit about gay lifestyle so I don't see people raging against it?
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not really.

Its his business, he should be able to serve who he wants or doesn't want to.
    Exactly, so I see no sense in whining that some guy wants to refuse service to a Trump supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    People who failed to vote against Trump are responsible. That includes the deluded ones who voted for him.
    You sound mad, you should move to canada and build a wall to keep trumps supporters out with your salt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Wait -- I thought they were supposed to just go elsewhere aren't they? That's what the right keeps telling gays.
    Correct and this is the same.
    Its the business owners choice to serve them or not, if he doesn't then Trump Supporters can go somewhere else.

Or did you expect some kind of mental gymnastics from us that you normally see the left do in every tread?

Deleted
    Good for the competition, i guess.

He's free to deny working for a certain segment of people; but he shouldn't come running when he realized he's actually spiting in his own soup.

Fighting assumed hate with more hate... sounds like a great plan.

with all the hate and vindictiveness by liberals after Trump won
    It is time we conceder making ones political affiliation a protected class like we do with ones religion
    make it against the law to discriminate against someone based on their political affiliation
    Sounds like some SJW policies you usually rant about. The hypocrisy is real.

But damn us all if the gays become a protected class, who else would there be left to discriminate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Genuine question - other than the odd Christian baker or wedding venue, how often do LGBT crowd get refused service for being gay ? I'm not being a dick. I really want to know. Because I don't see it often and if I do it's always some "they wouldn't bake a cake"

I run a restaurant. I undoubtedly service gays lesbian and trans everyday. Other than the occasional feminine leaning guy or rather butch woman (not saying that always makes them gay) I couldn't tell which ones were gay or not. And wouldn't give a shit if they were. They want food, I want money. That's all our transaction needs to entail.

Our manager is a lesbian woman that looks talks acts and dresses like a boy. People constantly mistake her for a boy saying things like "thank you sir" or "that guy is helping me" - she doesn't ever get offended. A manager in another location is a rather obvious gay man and he never gets shit either. I live in Texas so I would figure gay bashing would be normal but I live in San Antonio which has a rather large LGBT Hispanic population. So it may just be a I'm sheltered in a rather large town that is more accepting?

Maybe cognitive bias on my part ? I don't give a shit about gay lifestyle so I don't see people raging against it?
    I don't think it happens often, and probably most LGBT people never encounter it in their lives - maybe aside from those living in hardcore Christian communities. The point is, however: if they can be discriminated against, then those who advocate for such discrimination being legal can be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a business owner who won't stay in business for long.

ones political affiliation isn't much different then ones religion both are based on ones ideology, beliefs and values
    Yeah, and I'd put both religion and political affiliation in the "I could go either way" bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.