Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    When mythic releases there are always thousands of people watching raiders from top guilds progressing through the raid for several hours. The number of people watching could be greatly improved if blizzard adivertised the race and put a money price for the winner.

I don't understand what's wrong with his statement? They love raiding at a competitive level so of course they would like raiding to be taken more seriously by blizzard themselves since it's their game.
    Dont they hide any progress before the race is over? Because other guilds might spy on them? They love raiding so much they wont let anyone see them do it before it is over and the are willing to knowingly cheat to be th first? That is true love indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Dont they hide any progress before the race is over? Because other guilds might spy on them? They love raiding so much they wont let anyone see them do it before it is over and the are willing to knowingly cheat to be th first? That is true love indeed.
    ^^ This, thousands of people spam refresh on wowprogress because all the big name streamers in guilds with an actual chance at top finishes are told to turn their streams off or there strats will be copied

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    ^^ This, thousands of people spam refresh on wowprogress because all the big name streamers in guilds with an actual chance at top finishes are told to turn their streams off or there strats will be copied
    Yeah, i had that argument as well but quite honestly, there's so much bigger holes in theirs that it wasn't even worth talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Or tested? Feels like blizzard are rushing out content without even testing shit these days.
    It was tested. The thing is you can't test for every single possible scenario. It was working as intended and then they found a loophole. Not everything is bug free. Even things you use every day have numerous bug issues with them and are exploitable in some way. Does that mean everyone is terrible at testing now?

That salt :P

I wonder, how good would those top guilds be if they were locked to one character to raid with? I mean better than me and probably better than most of us here, and ofc they do have time to gear up loads of character and use the best one for the raid. But if they competed with similar terms as we "normals" do, would it then take alot longer to get first kills? With a week? 2? 1 month?

For those bugs in raids etc, its been like this for 12 freakin years, don't fool yourself and think that this is something new cause they are now suddenly rushing things. One reason might be that they always rushed it :P

Also, first reset only 2 guilds killing helya mythic "legally", content starting to get harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Because its completely unrealistic. They want a full paid yearly salary for playing a video game 14 hours a day for two weeks every time a raid tier comes out, which is what, 2-3 times a year?

How do they expect Blizzard to generate revenue from that? Or do they really expect the money to come out from their own pocket?

If they really want Blizzard to take them seriously, they better come up with a decent business plan, rather than a simple Reddit whine.

Because last time i checked, in my reality no fucking businesses spends a dime unless they're convinced its going to give them a return greater than their investment or allow them to dodge taxes ("charity").
    Do you even read the post? they did not say they want a salary like it is a full time job, they said they should give a small prize pool for the winner of the race just like they give a HUGE prize pool at the arena tournament.

After admitting to selling raid runs for real money, they should all get a permanent ban. I fucking hate assholes that do that shit because it's the cancer that is plaguing this game. Nobody wants to help anyone without some kind of profit. I wouldn't call this game a community anymore, on the PvE end of things. Everyone is out for themselves and everyone wants a carry. Whether it be people asking for stupid high item levels to carry guildie or people charging real money or 350k for a raid run. It's disgusting and anyone that advertises selling a raid run for real money should get their account perma-banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    They would be obviously streaming the whole thing. The reason they are not doing it now is because they don't get any benefit from it but it's just a disadvantage because as you said someone might spy what they are doing on a certain fight.

Of course not, but there's more bugs in this expansion than any other. Those nightfallen quests are bugged every week, BI loading screens are still horrendous,and now this? There's just too many bugs. It does seem that they are trying to push out more content without actually properly testing it lol
    What Nightfallen Quests? Haven't had any bugged quests all expansion and been doing the Insurrection every Tuesday right after reset.

Loading Screen is hit and miss and probably a lot more factors involved. Again I haven't experienced this and a lot of people haven't either (based on the thread here on MMO-C)

Too many bugs? You'd really have to start naming different ones. Odds are they are hit and miss with different people which goes back to a variety of factors involved.

Do you even read the post? they did not say they want a salary like it is a full time job, they said they should give a small prize pool for the winner of the race just like they give a HUGE prize pool at the arena tournament.
    You realize that for a "small" prize pool to feel remotely significant to at least 20 people (that's assuming only the winning guild would get something and that's not how most competitions work), it starts to ramp up rather quickly right?

Just to put it in perspective, if they gave them $5000 each, that costs Blizzard $100,000

Also, by E-Sport standards, WoW Arena Prize pools aren't that big at all when you look at LoL's, DoTA2's or CSGO's for example, and even then most, if not all of it is covered by advertisement revenues it generates, on top of the fact that it serves as a massive advertisement campaign for these games/companies themselves.

Sorry to burst your bubble but literally every top guild does that now, glads have been doing it since ranked arena came out lol
    So that makes it totally ok? If "every top guild does that" then they should all get fucking banned. There are still plenty of players in the game. People who breach the ToS deserve to get shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It's amuses me, how hardcore players justify thier actions and blaming Blizzard for that. I lol'd.

Also another bla bla bla from GC, who cares?
    Its not so much as justifying as saying Blizzard is inconsistent. They ban randomly for random things and then leave other boss exploits alone. I think the whole point isn't a cry for justification, more than it would be nice to have consistency from the Developers as to how they properly test their content and how fast they fix their bugs and their actions against guilds/players. The fact that this bug was being reported for 9 days before the first exploited kill happened without getting a fix is completely on Blizzards head and not the guilds who assumed because it wasn't fixed it was part of the design. The fact that guilds killed Mythic Odyn when he wasn't doing mechanics, only melee attacks, and they didn't get banned for that exploit is a good example of the randomness, or when Mythic Elerethe had to be fixed after a couple guilds killed her, yet nothing happened to those guilds. Or with Mythic Xavius and the Imp dispelling, again no bans. That's just 3 examples from this expansion alone.

Its been known for long time now that top guilds dont really take gold for services, its irl cash to get gear and boosts.

But damn, these excuses. they keep comming

This in no way compares to Archimonde. Letting the tank die to the crystal didn't stop the boss from spawning subsequent crystals.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Does Blizzard not watch progression anymore? I think I remember back in the day GM's watched fights for the top progression guilds for bugs like this. I think I remember an issue with a boss despawning or respawning and they would announce something and respawn the boss for the guild. Would it be difficult for them to watch and say "hey, that's not intended please don't do that"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You realize that for a "small" prize pool to feel remotely significant to at least 20 people (that's assuming only the winning guild would get something and that's not how most competitions work), it starts to ramp up rather quickly right?

Just to put it in perspective, if they gave them $5000 each, that costs Blizzard $100,000

Also, by E-Sport standards, WoW Arena Prize pools aren't that big at all when you look at LoL's, DoTA2's or CSGO's for example, and even then most, if not all of it is covered by advertisement revenues it generates, on top of the fact that it serves as a massive advertisement campaign for these games/companies themselves.
    Blizzard usually gives out 200k in arena price pools during blizzcon, even though there is only like 30k people watching on twitch, and no one gives a shit about wow arena. If the world first race got promoted it would generate way more viewers and way more PR.

Also death skipping crystals, breaths, big dmg is a legit tactic. Guilds use it all the time. Its all on blizzard for not fixing a bug they knew about on the PTR, the 8 day ban is stupid. At most what they should have done is fix the p3 bug and remove the kill, so the three guilds could kill it the blizzard intended way.

Wow, what a load of bull. "But they were okay with it on Archimonde toooooooo!" No, they weren't. Letting the tank die there saved you from having to deal with that one specific crystal. It didn't stop Archimonde from ever using it again. Same thing for Blackhand, Monks just had the ability to ignore his smashes. They didn't break him, they just rendered his ability irrelevant.

Blizz has never been okay with just plain breaking mechanics. And they very much could and should have known this, scrapped their strategy and started over.

When mythic releases there are always thousands of people watching raiders from top guilds progressing through the raid for several hours. The number of people watching could be greatly improved if blizzard adivertised the race and put a money price for the winner.

I don't understand what's wrong with his statement? They love raiding at a competitive level so of course they would like raiding to be taken more seriously by blizzard themselves since it's their game.
    Nah, money prize for PvE would be too much, don't forget it's a fight against heavily scripted (and in some cases buggy) NPC, it's not a chess match against highly advanced AI, it's not a top-end PvP match against unpredictable, skilled and creative players either.

I don't want to sound like a shit-poster or an ignorant person, I myself used to raid quite hardcore back in WotLK and Cata, but I'll say it anyway, high-end PvE raid race is a bit meh and dull. Blizz can't even stream it real-time, cuz quite often it requires hundreds of wipes to kill a boss, heck, even top guilds themselves are refusing to stream their progression

However, acknowledging, and announcing winners, or some PR from Blizz would be quite cool.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

They would be obviously streaming the whole thing. The reason they are not doing it now is because they don't get any benefit from it but it's just a disadvantage because as you said someone might spy what they are doing on a certain fight.
    But don't they love the PvE race so much that they want others to see and love it as well? Or do they just want enough money for a year from 2 weeks of "work" when a raid is released?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Nah, money prize for PvE would be too much, don't forget it's a fight against heavily scripted (and in some cases buggy) NPC, it's not a chess match against highly advanced AI, it's not a top-end PvP match against unpredictable, skilled and creative Players either.
    First of he is the Archetyp of douche highlvl raider (These PoV is not uncommon once you reach top 100)

Second of as you dont race against the Content but against other Guilds on time, it would be possible to get a good competetive view out of it (exspecially with limited trys and chars on it, making execution instead of efford the main part, and making real head to head possible) , but my main Problem ist his justification. What would stop them from doing all the stuff they do now in Addition? Nothing is keeping them from boosting People for RL-Money in Addition to any pricemoney, and nobody was yet found who has "enough" Money by any means.