Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When it comes to progression raiding specifically, it's an issue with the entire expansion. If you raided in previous 3 expansions you only had to play hardcore at the start of each expansion pre raid and on the release of new raids, after that you could seriously trim away your gameplay time into maintenance mode, being optimal could mean only a few hours a week.

Actually I was kinda banking on that for Legion so that I could raid in reasonably high end (like somewhere top 50-250 rank). I played in this bracket of guild from HFC up until the first few weeks of Legion raiding... Of course in Legion to maintain this you kinda need to play hardcore non-stop for the entire expansion, outside of raids up to this point you need to be farming a lot of Mythic + every week and every moment not spent farming you are falling behind..

Along with this time sink you have Legendary and Titanforged RNG which provides massive upgrade opportunities that can just randomly appear out of thin air, or they can not happen at all. So while in previous expansions all of your main character power progression was done almost entirely in raids, in Legion it's done almost entirely outside of raids, thereby turning a week of optimal gearing that could be 2-3 hours, into one that is "unlimited" in farming.

So yeah, raiding high end requires an unbelievable amount of extra time commitment these days, and on top of that you're relying on some pretty heavy RNG to dictate possibly huge performance differences, through Legendaries especially.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    No, the loot situation was improved drastically by the time AQ40 came around. Tier items no longer dropped, instead we got tokens for multiple classes aswell as loot. The only bosses that had nearly 40 items were shared loot tables so there wasn't only the chance of 2 drops per week. So, if anything, it was moving away from the rngcraft design.
    It dropped a "tier" token and not every boss dropped it. It had to be redistributed between 3-4 classes which usually meant like 10+ people. That's not even taking into account the grind for scarab coins just to get one tier piece for one player and the reputation grind before that to even get the quests. That's a better desgin? It took more to get your piece than the RNG system.

The RNG system today has one big flaw: Legendaries. There's nothing else that modifies your performance as much as this. The rest of the items being more or less ilvl, socket or no socket give really small performance boosts. Exorsus posted what's up with the legendaries and I and people I know share the problems they stated.
    I stand with 886 ilvl, with both of my legendaries useless (absorb neck and stun ring) and laging behind 70-80k dps from my demon hunter partner in raid and having to play flawlessly with a constant pressure that if I dont do it perfectly, I'm underperforming, and yes, i'm constantly in risk of being switched out in progress if I fall behind other classes (who ofc have their legendaries), even though I was in the 95 percetiles at the begining of EN (now i'm roughly in 60 percentile of my class).
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-11-24 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I did leave. And I love the Warcraft Franchise. I HATE WoWs current poorly designed reward structure. wrap your mind around that and chill the fuck out. Why are you so full of anger? Seek help before its too late+

Also how bout you leave the fucking forums? I've actually contributed expansion spanning class guides and content. You have your rage post. Good for you.
    not raging, sick of seeing people like you who have nothing better to do than sit around and bash the game trying to get other people to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    not raging, sick of seeing people like you who have nothing better to do than sit around and bash the game trying to get other people to leave
    So I can't offer valid criticism that hundred thousands of people have concerns about? That this OP in question has concerns about?

I think you are the one with nothing better to do. Why don't you go find a safe space

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    There is no such thing as a "soft" cap. It is only because people have not been playing long enough that there doesn't seem to be a lot of people who have 5 legendaries. In my circle, having two is amazing. This is because we do our dailies and then clear H EN. No one does mythics or anything extra. If you have 4 bad legendaries then the next one will be awesome.
    Blizzard said there is no time gate on legendaries and they depend purely on how much time you spend doing legendary eligible content. While most of my guild members sit at 3 Legendaries at around 250 m+ dungeons completed.People who have done 1300m+ have only 4 legendaries.

Just stick around if it is merely for mythics. I know arms sucks ass without the right legendaries but fury should be playable and if you are having fun with it it should be fine. If not just reroll enhance or ret. Both play nicely and are ridiculously good.
    It's reward structure has aborted the game completely.
    I like the phrasing of that. I'll pretty much just wait for our astray officer to return to know everything is left in decent hands. Legendaries, titanforged, ap and the never ending grind just did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    trying to get other people to leave
    cuck much ? Merely stating an opinion makes other players leave ?
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-11-24 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    It dropped a "tier" token and not every boss dropped it. It had to be redistributed between 3-4 classes which usually meant like 10+ people. That's not even taking into account the grind for scarab coins just to get one tier piece for one player and the reputation grind before that to even get the quests. That's a better desgin? It took more to get your piece than the RNG system.

The RNG system today has one big flaw: Legendaries. There's nothing else that modifies your performance as much as this. The rest of the items being more or less ilvl, socket or no socket give really small performance boosts. Exorsus posted what's up with the legendaries and I and people I know share the problems they stated.
    I stand with 886 ilvl, with both of my legendaries useless (absorb neck and stun ring) and laging behind 70-80k dps from my demon hunter partner in raid and having to play flawlessly with a constant pressure that if I dont do it perfectly, I'm underperforming, and yes, i'm constantly in risk of being switched out in progress if I fall behind other classes (who ofc have their legendaries), even though I was in the 95 percetiles at the begining of EN (now i'm roughly in 60 percentile of my class).
    no

Titanforge and random sockets is a huge flaw along with legendaries lets not sugar coat this big diablo infestation issue Warcraft has going for it right now.

There is no cap, I got my 5. Yesterday, I know another 2 people with 5. All comes down to how much you play and what you do in that time. (In my case grinding M+ for at least 4hrs a day for AP)
    Last edited by Dieselol; 2016-11-24 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I'm no hardcore raiders by any means. I think i've gotten like 7m AP and do occational M+ every week. So when I say I've gotten bad legendaries, I don't want to humble brag in any way that i've gotten 4 of them, while others still have yet to get their first. However, I like to stay competetive and without any dps increases ones you're pretty much bottom of the list in most fights compared to others who've gotten at least one BiS legendary. These are my legendaries so far:

Prydaz, Sephuz, Mannoroth bracers and Weight of the earth.

So apparently people are saying there's a soft cap which makes it very hard, almost impossible to get a 5th legendary. There's a discussion here for example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...nd_some_other/

So what are my options now? None of the legendaries I got so far are any good for single target, and as most that have raided know, single target/and burst dps is most imporant in most fights.

Anyone else gotten bad legendaries, what are you going to do, reroll another warrior or wait to blizzard fixes the legendary drop chance(if they do). Or even reroll another class?
    Honestly, I get what you are coming from but 7 mln is really low, I am at 10 mln and still only have 2 legendaries.

Deleted
    I'm no hardcore raiders by any means. I think i've gotten like 7m AP and do occational M+ every week. So when I say I've gotten bad legendaries, I don't want to humble brag in any way that i've gotten 4 of them, while others still have yet to get their first. However, I like to stay competetive and without any dps increases ones you're pretty much bottom of the list in most fights compared to others who've gotten at least one BiS legendary. These are my legendaries so far:

So apparently people are saying there's a soft cap which makes it very hard, almost impossible to get a 5th legendary. There's a discussion here for example:

So what are my options now? None of the legendaries I got so far are any good for single target, and as most that have raided know, single target/and burst dps is most imporant in most fights.

Anyone else gotten bad legendaries, what are you going to do, reroll another warrior or wait to blizzard fixes the legendary drop chance(if they do). Or even reroll another class?
    I have no idea what do you do. I know people with 7 legendary items but that was before the bug fix. Now im still at 2. But I don't get the 4 legendary items cap. Cause if i want 2 for my Prot spec and 2 for my Fury spec. If i get 1 and its bad the softcap would mean i should reroll right away. That cap is a dumb idea and I don't know why it's there. As for rerolling, you said you are no hardcore raider so I would just wait this out. Sooner or later the forums will burn over this and blizzard will fix this in one way or another.

Would be good if I could turn in 3 legendary items and get a new random one. Even better if, when I turned them in, the system would give you a random one but the random legendary can't be one of those you turn in. Like Seps, Prydaz and bracers would give you a random one but none of those. The high pinnacle of breaking the system would be turn in 3 and get one of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    There is no cap, I got my 5. Yesterday, I know another 2 people with 5. All comes down to how much you play and what you do kn that time. (In my case grinding M+ for at least 4hrs a day for AP)
    Question: If you did get your 5th on one single character, were you someone who got the bugged bad-luck protection that Blizzard did not intend on, that provided people with 2-3 legendaries in a single day? If so, I believe that the bug is considered an outlier of the suggested soft cap.

I'm no hardcore raiders by any means.
    I think i've gotten like 7m AP
    lol
    I'm quite hardcore, raids every week and got only 2m AP

As for legendaries, if you consider yourself "non-hardcore" why do you care? Just use existing ones as ilvl boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    There is no such thing as a "soft" cap. It is only because people have not been playing long enough that there doesn't seem to be a lot of people who have 5 legendaries. In my circle, having two is amazing. This is because we do our dailies and then clear H EN. No one does mythics or anything extra. If you have 4 bad legendaries then the next one will be awesome.
    There absolutely is a soft cap, the nr1 DK on AP has done 1300+ mythic+ dungeons and hes stuck on 4, a lot of other ppl are stuck on 4 aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of these legendaries are completely stupid, and luck shouldn't determine whether a person has access to a powerful damage increasing legendary if you put in effort.

Just thought I'd point out that AP is not a valid metric on how much you have played. AK means you gain hundreds of times more AP now than you did earlier in the expansion, maybe someone played extremely hardcore and then slowed down. Maybe they are on 3-4mil AP having played 2x as much legendary eligible content as someone with 8m AP.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Hey genius

the game was like this before. It was called TBC/ Wotlk / Cataclysm/ MoP

This is awkward for you.
    Woah, don't challenge the perception of reality of a grindoholic! Haha
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    pretty much.

I have very limited time. Why would I use my limited time when I decide to game the run the same dungeon or quest the 100/200/1000th time where I'm almost guaranteed absolute garbage unless I roll a Yahtzee.

WoWs reward structure is so fucking flawed it's not even funny anymore.
    Let me understand: you have very limited time to play. But you want to drop the best. In theory, you want the best because you are willing/going to do the best and harder content in a competitive scenario. Doing the harder content in a competitive scenario requires a lot of time, for farming mats, gold and BiS. And you don't have a lot of time to play. But you want to drop the best for a content you can't do, due to limited time.

I don't want to judge you, i am not a "play more noob gg" type.
    I have limited time too (2/3 hours a day) to play. I mostly do myt+ dg (max +7) and normal/hc EN. I paly also a affly lock. And i don't want /need best gear because i know i can't do competitive content. So i can enjoy this game even if i don't get BiS legendary or titanforge drop.
    Now if your ego can't manage to be second in dps in a hc EN pug fight, that's a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Question: If you did get your 5th on one single character, were you someone who got the bugged bad-luck protection that Blizzard did not intend on, that provided people with 2-3 legendaries in a single day? If so, I believe that the bug is considered an outlier of the suggested soft cap.
    No I got my first one very late, long after the Bug had allegedly been "fixed" - I was pretty triggered about a lot of Guildmembers getting 2 in the shortest time via the bug.

I got the 4 in my Profile pic and the 5. last night on a single char, haven't updated my pic yet will do it when I get home. (for reference I changed my lootspec after the first 4 as I had obtained the 2 I wanted for my mainspec)
    Last edited by Dieselol; 2016-11-24 at 11:09 AM.

Yes. Leveling a new character is really your only option at this point.
    If you get 4 bad ones your character is pretty much ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    There is no cap, I got my 5. Yesterday, I know another 2 people with 5. All comes down to how much you play and what you do in that time. (In my case grinding M+ for at least 4hrs a day for AP)
    No, thats not all it comes down to.
    I've done that since Legion came out and I've gotten one really bad one.

No thanks. I could sub tommorrow considering I'm still in my top 15 US Guild and work towards Mythic Raid clears. But I won't!

I'm would only rejoin to Mythic raid and that state of the game is an absolute fucking joke now with this games RNG reward clusterfuck reward structure and pro grind your face off in non raid content for best rewards design.

WoW has great content.

It's reward structure has aborted the game completely.

It's the fucking destruction of the Burning Legion. An expansion I have waited on since Wrath ended. I never thought I'd quit. Here we are going on almost 2 years strong with the game looks more horrific with each delightful update like Adding even more legendaries! YAY!

Upping the Ilvl threshold on 5 mans! YAY! Farm even Grind those mythic 5 mans forevermore to get even higher ilvl versions of your currently best trinkets. Or god forbid WORLD boss trinkets LOL!

I'd talk about PvP loot but that is already a joke that should be obvious.

This game isn't worth spinning your wheels on grinding the same content thousands of times IN ONE EXPANSION for it's current design. I have better things to do and quite literally hundreds of games I would rather play then subject myself to that torture. I'll consume my lore. Leave my criticisms. and debate people shoving their head into the sand at game killing issues.
    dude you have good points and all. but wouw lol, every single post I go read you have multiple comments in saying the exact same thing. honestly, look at your life please... I quite swtor and black desert online and many other games. I dont frequent those forums any more cause guess what? im not playing them any more.

you have close to 11k posts... im just amaaazed at how you willingly waste your time like this. dont you have better things to do with your life? like those hundreds of other games? or maybe a job? - I am not flaming im just truly truly curious lol. makes ZERO sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes. Leveling a new character is really your only option at this point.
    If you get 4 bad ones your character is pretty much ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

No, thats not all it comes down to.
    I've done that since Legion came out and I've gotten one really bad one.
    Well obviously it's a case of RNG as well just like everything in WoW. You could run an instance every day and never get the epic you want since it a % dropchance. I've over 1000 runs on Neltharians Lair for my Hidden skin and haven't gotten it - that's just the way the game works. I'm just saying the more you do the content the higher the chances are.