How does he get 70+ stacks without Stm ?

I just saw that video , https: // vid.me/IZ6u , the serenity Spriest (Viklund) manage 70+ stacks without surrender , and the insanity seems not to drop , how do we manage that ?
    Is it because of some trinket ?
    Thanks !

I'm no expert so hopefully someone has an actual good explanation but to me it seems like somethings fishy, his insanity is draining MUCH slower than normal. It's like he's using S2M but I don't see the icon.

I think I had something similar on one of our Helya HC wipes. It happened after a bugged VTor (where insanity kept draining during VTor) - I cancelled the VTor because it was gonna drop me out, and after that my insanity drained super slowly and I got to about 53 stacks without CDs.

So my bet is that it's linked to the buggy VTor, but no idea what causes either of those.

saw him using some exploit to keep his insanity from draining in maw of souls few weeks ago on stream.
    somehow he bugs the void torrent idk probably the same $hit here.

How is this NOT getting any attention?

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    I think I had something similar on one of our Helya HC wipes. It happened after a bugged VTor (where insanity kept draining during VTor) - I cancelled the VTor because it was gonna drop me out, and after that my insanity drained super slowly and I got to about 53 stacks without CDs.

So my bet is that it's linked to the buggy VTor, but no idea what causes either of those.
    There is a bug with Swirling Void Potion where your insanity continues to drain at a reduced rate during voidform (I assume related to the hotfix last week). What you are describing is exactly what I experienced while I was using it tonight. Insanity drained at a reduced rate and even kept draining during Void Torrent. Perhaps the effect is no longer disappearing when you zone into an instance?

It has nothing to do with Void Potion, I experienced the same as you without having ever used one.

Quote Originally Posted by rammsz View Post
    How is this NOT getting any attention?
    Because everyone is focused on Limit, Exorsus, and From Scratch drama that the fact that at least one of Serenity's raiders used a bug during their kill is getting swept under the rug.

Apparently the bug has been known since Beta. I heard it's something to do with using Void Torrent on an immune target, but can't confirm.

Edit: Void Torrent a target that blocks the torrent, IE immune etc, a cycloned add etc and then disperse right after. Your insanity drain drops significantly.
    Last edited by WhatIsLegion; 2016-11-24 at 01:16 PM.

Dont know about you guys, but Id rather put out less dps than cheat at a freaking video game.

Iv seen that he uses it at several times in M+ , and this explains how he does the S2M trashpulls in Maw and DHT w/o linking in disperes.

G f G.

Its a known bug apprently, insanity atm is working in weird ways.. some people barely hit 5 stacks and drop others hit 70 without S2M...

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614552982

Post is there i got no idea if you can trigger it or it just happens. But filming yourself in a mythic kill abusing a bug? should be banned imo..

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Because everyone is focused on Limit, Exorsus, and From Scratch drama that the fact that at least one of Serenity's raiders used a bug during their kill is getting swept under the rug.

Apparently the bug has been known since Beta. I heard it's something to do with using Void Torrent on an immune target, but can't confirm.

Edit: Void Torrent a target that blocks the torrent, IE immune etc, a cycloned add etc and then disperse right after. Your insanity drain drops significantly.
    Minor bug that gave him 5k more dps vs 3 guilds breaking an encounter. Totally comparable *eye roll*

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Minor bug that gave him 5k more dps vs 3 guilds breaking an encounter. Totally comparable *eye roll*
    I never said they were comparable, but the fact remains that he exploited on the fight as well and deserves some kind of punishment. Not the guild, but the player.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    I never said they were comparable, but the fact remains that he exploited on the fight as well and deserves some kind of punishment. Not the guild, but the player.
    That would be fine, but he wasn't the only Spriest doing it as far as I know. Mass banning all the Spriests might be a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    That would be fine, but he wasn't the only Spriest doing it as far as I know. Mass banning all the Spriests might be a bit of a stretch.
    Method already came out to say that none of their priests abused the exploit. I'd disagree that mass banning everyone who used the exploit in progression would be a "stretch", Blizzard needs to take a hard line against this sort of thing so that nobody can make the "everyone else is doing it" excuse. If Blizzard adopts a zero tolerance policy against cheating of all kinds then top guilds will have to stop doing it if they wish to remain competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Method already came out to say that none of their priests abused the exploit. I'd disagree that mass banning everyone who used the exploit in progression would be a "stretch", Blizzard needs to take a hard line against this sort of thing so that nobody can make the "everyone else is doing it" excuse. If Blizzard adopts a zero tolerance policy against cheating of all kinds then top guilds will have to stop doing it if they wish to remain competitive.
    Yeah, I agree, a hardline against all forms of cheating would be a solid option. Would love to see (and it seems they are) taking a more direct approach to cheaters (and botters).
    A clean progression race is key here I think, Nighthold will be interesting to watch.