Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Exorsus and their statement.

So after reading all of it I was really interested. I'm not focused on the bug abuse too much and moreso the high end raiding scene.

So it seems (as we all know) that it's not doing too well. Exorsus attributes that to Blizzard paying no attention to it whatsoever. I personally agree and feel that if Blizzard actually made it something to be hyped about and gave motivation to try and get world first aside from "bragging rights" the scene would absolutely flourish.

Not only would the high end raiding scene be flooded with new blood but we would most likely see a return of old world first guilds. I feel like the high end raiding scene has a ton of potential. I wouldn't call it an esport but it would be something really cool to watch. How cool would it be to watch the world first guilds stream their progress as Exorsus mentioned? And whoever gets first gets the prize pool.

I really do feel like they brought up some good points and I also hope Blizzard takes them to heart and thinks about it. The community hypes up the world first scene a ton, now imagine if Blizzard actively promoted it added incentive to the race. It would flourish.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-11-24 at 10:28 AM.

there is no hype for world first because guilds don't even allow streaming. nobody is going to get hyped for something they can't watch

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    So after reading all of it I was really interested. I'm not focused on the bug abuse too much and moreso the high end raiding scene.

So it seems (as we all know) that it's not doing too well. Exorsus attributes that to Blizzard paying no attention to it whatsoever. I personally agree and feel that if Blizzard actually made it something to be hyped about and gave motivation to try and get world first aside from "bragging rights" the scene would absolutely flourish.

Not only would the high end raiding scene be flooded with new blood but we would most likely see a return of old world first guilds. I feel like the high end raiding scene has a ton of potential. I wouldn't call it an esport but it would be something really cool to watch. How cool would it be to watch the world first guilds stream their progress as Exorsus mentioned? And whoever gets first gets the prize pool.

I really do feel like they brought up some good points and I also hope Blizzard takes them to heart and thinks about it. The community hypes up the world first scene a ton, now imagine if Blizzard actively promoted it added incentive to the race. It would flourish.

What do you think?
    The main issue imo with the high end raid scene is the requirements placed upon it by the guilds themselves (constant farming, many alts to maintain, loads of split runs to gear all the alts) causes a high rate of burnout, Blizzard adding more recognision to the world first race would not change that. It would only make it even worse.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    there is no hype for world first because guilds don't even allow streaming. nobody is going to get hyped for something they can't watch
    That's a point exorsus made. The reason they don't stream it is so other guilds don't take their strats, but exorsus said to have a set of rules where each guild competing has to stream their mythic progress and kills and the guild who gets world first would get rewarded with whatever the prize pool is.

Deleted
    who is exorusus and what is the statement about?

As I said in another thread (too lazy to copy-paste) money prize for PvE is too much.

However, official acknowledgement, coverage and PR would be cool.

That would make for some utterly terrible viewing , ooook so now on to wipe 291 of Mythic Gul'dan ..

Personally I think blizzard handles it exactly like they should because if they promoted it really it would only push high end raiding in to a even more unhealthy state.

What I got from their statement/rant was a complete overestimation of their own importance, nothing more.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    who is exorusus and what is the statement about?
    Why they exploited Helya Mythic and shouldn't be punished because guilds X and Y got away with stuff in past expansions.

Deleted
    The mythic race only promotes an exceptionally unhealthy life-style and play-style that leads to quick burnout of the content, I don't think that's something Blizzard should encourage. Personally I'd be happy if the whole thing died down a bit, if they all took a step back, took a breather, and tackled the content in a more reasonable manner, as in, stream their attempts, don't split-raid it and don't push themselves to such extreme lengths.

10+ Year Old Account
    love it how exorsus bitches and limit just took it and accepted it...

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    What I got from their statement/rant was a complete overestimation of their own importance, nothing more.
    i liked how they changed the topic from "we cheated" to, "hey guys the legendary system is fuxx0red, right???"
    Hi

All I got from their statement is a bunch of people whining. But they did make valid points regarding legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    love it how exorsus bitches and limit just took it and accepted it...
    It's still odd that they didn't ban the guilds that used these bugs in WoD though.
    A bit hard for the top guilds to know whats ok and whats not.

In any case, they had som good points about legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i liked how they changed the topic from "we cheated" to, "hey guys the legendary system is fuxx0red, right???"
    He splitted their official statement on the ban and the things which followed in two paragraphs. It was stated in the first sentence.

thats probably because you are blind and for obvious reasons you have no such problems as top guilds have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Exactly. The entire thing read like they think the game revolves - or should revolve - around the world first race. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they have their fans and I know that people do care about world firsts, but their heyday has come and gone.

Exorsus certainly is a big factor in the world first race. And PvE, hardcore guilds, pessionate players is what made this game big in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    He splitted their official statement on the ban and the things which followed in two paragraphs. It was stated in the first sentence.
    And the things that followed were completely useless information/opinions nobody cares about.

Why can't the high end guilds ever NOT be pathetic.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's still odd that they didn't ban the guilds that used these bugs in WoD though.
    A bit hard for the top guilds to know whats ok and whats not.

In any case, they had som good points about legendaries.
    In WoD they didn't stop entire abilities from happening for the rest of the fight (Archimonde for example).

The problem was not that letting the tank die would stop a breath and its adds.
    It was that afterwards Helya would not do breaths any more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    And the things that followed were completely useless information/opinions nobody cares about.

Why can't the high end guilds ever NOT be pathetic.
    Because then there is no drama and we hear nothing of it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death