Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Bad luck is bad luck. I'd be more inclined to say something was broken when Blizzard added the 7.1 buff for people than to say there is diminishing returns. For example, I got 1 the first month, my 2nd the second month, here it is the 3rd month and no 3rd legendary. Does that mean there is a diminishing return at 3, or is it more likely that people are starting to have the same bad luck others have when it comes to time invested? As players have clearly gotten a 5th by now, who have done way less than the people you use as an example, I'd be more inclined to say they are just not as super fantastic excitement enriches lucky as they have been for these 3 months.
    I thought we have a " bad luck protection " system implemented ? What happened to it then ? Why is everyone in top mythic guilds that spent most time n effort grinding having bad luck getting their 5th legendary all the sudden?

oh sorry gonna ignore that all n call it bad luck / rng .

Quote Originally Posted by TheKaz View Post
    Rico is also throwing out a data point without any context. Did his raid leader obtain any of his legendaries prior to the hotfix on September 15th (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20252902/) that allowed you to obtain legendaries more frequently if you already had one?

My guild did another Mythic full clear last night of EN and we're holding steady at the 4 legendary soft-cap. Assuming activity levels are constant from player to player, the number of legendaries you see in a group should be a normal distribution. What myself and many are observing is that it's not at all - something "happens" when you hit 4 legendaries that makes it more difficult to obtain #5 (right now)

He acquired his first legendary the day after that hotfix went live. Soooo, i mean if you want data i can provide data, the amount of mythics he's done, caches, etc. But it all comes down to RNG.

It has begun on US GD forum,

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...2276726?page=1

Hopefully blizz has the balls to man up and admit they implemented a hidden softcap.

They should remove the soft cap ASAP then improve the whole legendary system thats currently in a total mess by adding target farming in 7.1.5 because we all know blizz is hopeless at balancing the legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    I thought we have a " bad luck protection " system implemented ? What happened to it then ? Why is everyone in top mythic guilds that spent most time n effort grinding having bad luck getting their 5th legendary all the sudden?

oh sorry gonna ignore that all n call it bad luck / rng .
    No one knows how bad luck protection works. It could be something so miniscule (as pointed out in the previous thread as well as this one) that someone who runs 1000m+ in a row might only be a couple % chance higher than someone who ran one. You are acting like you know for a fact that everyone should start with a 50% chance and everything you do increases it by 1-10%, when it could be as low as 1% with everything you do adding .001%. I don't know and you don't know, and it would be beneficial to stop acting like someone who knows because you come across as someone spreading misinformation. If you suspect something, that's fine, but post on feedback forums with info why you think that way instead of coming into a forum spreading conjecture.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully blizz has the balls to man up and admit they implemented a hidden softcap.

They should remove the soft cap ASAP then improve the whole legendary system thats currently in a total mess by adding target farming in 7.1.5 because we all know blizz is hopeless at balancing the legendaries.
    Why the old post when people were still complaining about getting multiple of the same legendary? Might want to find newer posts to quote and something with hard proof, not just upset people that haven't made it past 3.

Deleted

It's nice to know I started something, it just took Exorsus to really get it going. Blizzard needs to comment on it.

Deleted
    The only reason this soft cap exists is because legendaries are literally this entire expansion until nighthold comes out. Look at the the main raid, its utter rubbish. But you farm it, all difficulties, without a second thought just to get dem sweet oranges. Mythic pluses, you got them 880+ queuing for dat low lvl shit all day cos gee whiz there might just be one in this box this time i swear, now all the noobs get carried through low gear and they dont cry about being left behind, someone in blizz needs a promotion for dangling this carrot. CARROT = ORANGE my god, isnt it obvious.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love how all the simpletons come out and post "RNG is RNG" without understanding any of the maths involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I love how all the simpletons come out and post "RNG is RNG" without understanding any of the maths involved.
    This is the thing, and why I keep reiterating this point every so often so people get exactly what the softcap theory is.

Yes you are more likely to have 4 than 5 legendaries.

But(!), people who got legendary 1,2,3,4 at a fairly consistent rate are now struggling to get 5 over a much greater farm period than any of the previous took... There is no explanation why so many people who got each legendary at a fairly average rate are now finding nothing.

I got my first two legendaries with the confirmed bug (before the hotfix), third and fourth in the weeks following that. The fourth one was SIX weeks ago. My weekly play time has remained roughly the same, my total mythic+ count is just under 800. You'd think I would get a fifth since then, right? Maybe I'm just unlucky. Maybe everyone that has four legendaries, which is actually most of the people i play with, is just unlucky. Or maybe it's fucking CAPPED.

I think it's good that some high profile guild gets up and speaks about this legendary nonsense, I hope it will spark a response from Blizzard. I know I won't be setting foot in a mythic+ until they address this shit

Anecdotal evidence for sure - but I can say in my guild at least 20+ people received a legendary the day of / after 7.1 dropped. I think for most it was their 2nd, myself included. I have 22 hours played @ 110, Mythic/Heroic/Normal clear every week plus at very least a few Mythic Dungs up to +10, with an LFR thrown in here and there (mostly just Xavius).

Most players in my guild are about the same level of play give or take, and I'd say since 7.1 only 1 or 2 others have had another drop. So... going on 6 weeks now for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    This is the thing, and why I keep reiterating this point every so often so people get exactly what the softcap theory is.

Yes you are more likely to have 4 than 5 legendaries.

But(!), people who got legendary 1,2,3,4 at a fairly consistent rate are now struggling to get 5 over a much greater farm period than any of the previous took... There is no explanation why so many people who got each legendary at a fairly average rate are now finding nothing.
    of course there is a possible explanation, bad luck protection might no longer kick in, since you dont need to be protected from bad luck anymore, which would suck, especially for the unlucky ones, who got 4 crappy ones or those, who switch specs, but otherwise it makes sense, legendaries are there to be obtained throughout the whole expansion, what would be the point, if you could get them all before nighthold and could cherrypick between all of them on per-encounter basis? It wouldnt even be an issue in the first place, if some of the legendaries werent so atrociously bad that you regret wasting bad luck protection on them...

15+ Year Old Account
    Performance boosting legendaries are by far the biggest fail of this expantion. If an item is a significant boost to character's performance they cannot be based on such huge RNG.

And if they really wanted to make the more casual crowd happy, they should have disabled ALL legendaries in top end content. Somehow, it was ok to make them not work in organized PvP. Why the same cannot be done for Mythic raids and M+?

Deleted
    850 m+ here, 3 legendaries 2 bad
    not bis lego's -30-50k dps

the solution?
    Quest for 300/400/500m+ or boss mythic (not hc cause ez farm) and if u are not luck with drop, u will get a 100% random legendary. Too ez solution blizzard never do it

They do a bad luck protetion, we never know how it works, maybe is 1% more drop rate. After my 3rd legendary i can't drop my 4th (400m+ in a raw).
    And when i get my 4th? Cause the softcap ill never get my bis and i need to make a new toon.
    Nighthold is coming! need to respec? Sxxt im at softcap, i need a new toon.
    Nice Job Blizzard, weel done

is it possible to delete a legendary in hope of breaking soft cap of 4 legs at a time or just to increase the likehood of getting different items?

I actually cried right now, because I just got Prydaz as my 3rd legendary. The previous one was Sephuz, which I can't even utilize, because I'm a healer with almost no interrupts. The stats on this "legendary" neck are worse then on my current 865 neck. Its like I got nothing, and now no chance for my BiS legendary. I'm so upset, I actually wish I had another levelled priest in order to start again.
    And looks like I won't see my next leg any time soon, since the chance on 4th and 5th are so low (((((
    Last edited by Mintra; 2016-11-24 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan1 View Post
    Anecdotal evidence for sure - but I can say in my guild at least 20+ people received a legendary the day of / after 7.1 dropped. I think for most it was their 2nd, myself included. I have 22 hours played @ 110, Mythic/Heroic/Normal clear every week plus at very least a few Mythic Dungs up to +10, with an LFR thrown in here and there (mostly just Xavius).

Most players in my guild are about the same level of play give or take, and I'd say since 7.1 only 1 or 2 others have had another drop. So... going on 6 weeks now for me as well.
    Is that true ffs?
    So if you already got DAMN lucky to get ur first legendary before 7.1 started to hit the server , any one who already got one got the "bad luck protection" als for their second legendary?
    WTF, ffs blizzard are you doing!

The basic idea of legendary is sooooooooo great due to the effect, but all this pointless rng shit is just.... fucked up!

Why dont drop a "Legendary token" instead of the item itself , we could go to a vendor and get our legendary... on this way blizz could stay with that low drop chances for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Performance boosting legendaries are by far the biggest fail of this expantion. If an item is a significant boost to character's performance they cannot be based on such huge RNG.

And if they really wanted to make the more casual crowd happy, they should have disabled ALL legendaries in top end content. Somehow, it was ok to make them not work in organized PvP. Why the same cannot be done for Mythic raids and M+?
    Heres a better idea. Put the legendaries on a vendor so you can buy them with whatever. Putting that big asterix next to them NO MYTHIC RAIDS just to placate the tiny portion of mythic raiders is precisely the wrong lesson. Nothing is wrong with the legendaries in principle only the way in which they are distributed

If there really is some bs soft cap then that really would have been good to know before i went ahead and changed loot spec to try and get some for offspec, which i did...
    I do have the 2 best for my main spec so figured why not fish for another spec but if i had known about this cap I would have just kept it mainspec for more variety.
    Last edited by Akusa202; 2016-11-24 at 01:05 PM.

Soft cap is definitely lame if it exists, seems wrong to be penalized even further for getting a bad legendary or you want to play multiple specs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Nothing is wrong with the legendaries in principle only the way in which they are distributed
    One of the best solutions i have read in this forums, was that when you proc a leg drop, you get to choose one of 3 legendaries offered to you.
    It still has a lot of RNG, but at least it would be easier to avoid the useless ones.
    Although the best solution, of course , would have been to make them balanced in terms of power, so you only have to beat RNG once, proc a leg drop, instead of twice like it is now.