Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Care to explain why the Nostalrius crew shut down the servers almost as soon as receiving the letter? Maybe they should have hired an expert such as you that could tell them that stealing Blizzard's IP while they know exactly who is doing it is a great idea
    They explained why if you care to look for it. They could have ignored it and face potential consequences, they shut down however in the hope of convincing blizz to release the game officially, thus the following meetings. Apparently it was some sort of hoax.

"Yesterday, we received a letter of formal notice from US and french lawyers, acting on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment, preparing to stand trial against our hosting company OVH and ourselves"

It's not a secret who they are, they received a letter. They didn't watch a random video from blizzard telling whoever is in charge of nostalrius to shut down.

They know exactly who they are and who hosts their servers. If they do know this much before the trial is even in motion, I can only imagine how much they would be able to know when it really started.

Your denial is borderline pathetic now
    Without seeing the letter in question it is difficult know exactly what Blizzard knew. But it is likely that the letter was sent to the hosting company and that Blizzard did not have the identities of the people working on the PS.

It is not difficult to find out who hosts a server but unless the people using the hosting service gave express permission that their data can be shared the hosting company could not reveal their identities without being ordered by a court.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Believe what you will, that doesn't change the facts though.

- - - Updated - - -

I ain't gotta explain shit to people who don't care to read anyway.
    The truth is that you have nothing to explain, hence the dumb insults

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    Seems the mods driven by CTR like Blizzard pressure are eager to shut this discussion down. Classic servers are in such demand it needs to be censored to make the player think Classic has no demand. This is proof enough for many, including myself, that the Classic movement is growing.

Edit;

Its just a matter of time before some CTR/Blizzard shill comes and spams the now Illegal name not to be mentioned to satiate the Mods eagerness to delete a 1800+ response thread.
    Considering they made Towelliee and Reckful preach stupid anti-legacy shit on their streams, pushing on the biggest wow fansite is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Without seeing the letter in question it is difficult know exactly what Blizzard knew. But it is likely that the letter was sent to the hosting company and that Blizzard did not have the identities of the people working on the PS.

It is not difficult to find out who hosts a server but unless the people using the hosting service gave express permission that their data can be shared the hosting company could not reveal their identities without being ordered by a court.
    "Yesterday, we received a letter of formal notice from US and french lawyers, acting on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment, preparing to stand trial against our hosting company OVH and ourselves in less than a week now."

Yesterday, we received a letter of formal notice from US and french lawyers, acting on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment, preparing to stand trial against our hosting company OVH and ourselves in less than a week now.
    Yes, the letter would have been forwarded from the hosting company. The hosting company would be in breach of data protection laws if they revealed their customers' details to a 3rd party.

Deleted
    The truth is that you have nothing to explain
    Exactly.
    It's pretty obvious to any sensible person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    How can we report the new Russian Nostalrius servers and get them taken down, bros?

It's really important that we shut these new servers down. Nostalrius cannot be allowed to happen and continue stealing Blizzard's intellectual property.

Moderation Note: Please, no discussion of private servers by name under any circumstances {MoanaLisa}
    Didn't Blizzard say in a blue post before Blizzcon that they were still taking potential legacy servers very seriously and are listening to the people? Guess I'm out of the loop because I don't understand why all this is happening again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Believe what you will, that doesn't change the facts though.
    Indeed, it doesn't.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Raenor View Post
    first of wall - you say it's a bad system, I say it's a great system. You can play your game, a I can't. That is the main point.

Second of all - not every single change made to WoW was bad, some of them were ok. But as for the dungeons entrances - why does everything has to be easy? Ok, now you can easly get to dungeons but nowdays most of the people dont even know where the entrances are. This is just plain stupid. If you like it - okay, your opinion.

and Dungeon Finder promotes social play? WTF Man. This is the system that ruined the entire game, nobody even talks now. Just boring pugs.

You clearly like this game, you enjoy this system. But I don't. And there are many people like me.
    Dungeon finder did not ruin the game as far as I can see. There was a massive need for the system (why else would you make it, if people are easily getting groups to go into dungeons there would be zero need for such a mechanic).

Group finder we have today works brilliantly for Mythic +s and makes it so you no longer need dungeon finder. For me Dungeon finder is rarely if ever used. Pretty much when CTA pops up for tanks. Not sure what pugs you've ever done but I ran plenty throughout wow. Not many people ever talked even back then in Vanilla etc. Some did and those that did and who I had fun playing with got added to friends. Similar to how I operate now still.

Personally I would like them to make a legacy system, if it increases subs enough to warrant it thats great. As money made by those subs would further go into development of wow no doubt (or just into blizzards pocket). As long as people playing on legacy know that the game won't get bug fixes (or minimal ones) and no new patches then I am fine with them making legacy servers. No doubt you'd be happy to have an official source to play on rather than 3rd party.

So who wants to wager that some Blizzard shills will come here and mention the "not to be named name" to give into mods eagerness to delete this thread? MMO sits on Blizzards lap (nothing wrong with that) and when Blizzard says delete the shills will come.

Note: Discussion of moderation is against the rules. Stay on topic and stop trying to stir shit up. The thread is fine as long as the rules are followed. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-11-24 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    So who wants to wager that some Blizzard shills will come here and mention the "not to be named name" to give into mods eagerness to delete this thread? MMO sits on Blizzards lap (nothing wrong with that) and when Blizzard says delete the shills will come.
    And if they do the mods will deal with it. Highly doubt they would close it because people are deliberately trying. Also no they don't sit in Blizzards lap lol. They are a WoW fansite along with a general forum. If I recall Curse owns this website.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-24 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Dungeon finder did not ruin the game as far as I can see. There was a massive need for the system (why else would you make it, if people are easily getting groups to go into dungeons there would be zero need for such a mechanic).

Group finder we have today works brilliantly for Mythic +s and makes it so you no longer need dungeon finder. For me Dungeon finder is rarely if ever used. Pretty much when CTA pops up for tanks. Not sure what pugs you've ever done but I ran plenty throughout wow. Not many people ever talked even back then in Vanilla etc. Some did and those that did and who I had fun playing with got added to friends. Similar to how I operate now still.

Personally I would like them to make a legacy system, if it increases subs enough to warrant it thats great. As money made by those subs would further go into development of wow no doubt (or just into blizzards pocket). As long as people playing on legacy know that the game won't get bug fixes (or minimal ones) and no new patches then I am fine with them making legacy servers. No doubt you'd be happy to have an official source to play on rather than 3rd party.

Bottom line is - I respect you and other people who enjoy the game, which is great by the way. We can have different opinions on the dungeon finder or else - but it doesnt really matter. I think the whole MMO genre is experiencing issues. Nowdays every bigger MMO is really a single player game with MMO aspects. TOR - totally single player experience (and an amusing one!), Elder Scrolls - nice MMO but still, the quests are really single player with an option to co-op, and a tottally crappy PVP by the way. What else? Wildstar? nice game but they ruined it at launch and now nobody seems to want to play it (and whats with that sci-fi-fantasy world? it's just weird).

What I wanted to say is that it's really not nostalgia with vanilla wow. Maybe it was like 5 years ago. Now it's basically a demand to play a different game, a game that is not avaiable to play anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KCguy View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say in a blue post before Blizzcon that they were still taking potential legacy servers very seriously and are listening to the people? Guess I'm out of the loop because I don't understand why all this is happening again.
    Blizzard have made no if any effort with Legacy. Hell they even seem not to have discussed it internally since they are still stuck talking about Pristine.

Blizzard is in no way obliged to do it but they have not had any good will to stay in contact with either Mark Kern or you know who which further strenghthen the argument.

Edit: they also didnt talk about it at Blizzcon. They only want the public to look at them like they care for PR reasons
    Last edited by slaise1; 2016-11-25 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Blizzard have made no if any effort with Legacy. Hell they even seem not to have discussed it internally since they are still stuck talking about Pristine.

Blizzard is in no way obliged to do it but they have not had any good will to stay in contact with either Mark Kern or Nost which further strenghthen the argument.
    Why is Blizzard obliged to speak to anybody about this? It's not a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Why is Blizzard obliged to speak to anybody about this? It's not a huge deal.
    what I read about the meeting is that they would stay in contact. I might be wrong though.

Edit:

You know who/blizz meeting:

"J. Allen expressed his will to keep in touch, and the whole You know who team would be excited to work further in this process that could bring back legacy servers."
    Last edited by slaise1; 2016-11-25 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    "J. Allen expressed his will to keep in touch, and the whole {redacted} team would be excited to work further in this process that could bring back legacy servers."
    Turns out they have more important things on their plate than talking to the guys who hosted a private server. You know, like launching a new expansion and stuff.

Deleted
    One thing I forgot in my previous post was the design goal of Blizzard. Basically a huuuge part of the vanilla experience and time spent in it was the leveling experience, something that no expansion has even come close to matching in my opinion. That's what the most of vanilla was at launch and they added end game content with the patches.

The latest expansion legion had a leveling experience of a week or two for most people, with lots of hardcore players reaching max in a day or so.

I don't get this shift personally. With each new expansion they could draw the leveling experience out to 1-2 months for the average players instead of 1-2 weeks. Leveling has completely been forgotten as a fun experience in WoW. It was so rewarding in vanilla to get a new level for new spells, new talent every 2 levels etc. A lot more rewarding that trying to get a new piece gear which is the only upgrades at max level now, aside from AP.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Turns out they have more important things on their plate than talking to the guys who hosted a private server. You know, like launching a new expansion and stuff.
    Don't know why they would want to now after what they've done. Basically those unnamed people have shot themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't know why they would want to now after what they've done. Basically those unnamed people have shot themselves in the foot.
    I can understand some of the vitriol on their part. Blizzard did say that they'd try to keep an open line of communication and then promptly ignored the fuck out of them. That's kind of shitty of Blizzard. But on the other hand, they're launching a fucking expansion so I really can't think of much they would have to talk about.

Them: So, uh, about them Legacy realms?

Blizzard: Nope.

::15 minutes later::

Them: So about that Legacy?

::15 minutes after that::

Them: So about that Legacy?