Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post

Next day, he's gotten another one from an M+ run, so the game obviously re-checked whether he has this one or not - as normally, you wouldn't get a duplicate.
    I thought you could get duplicates?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    who to trust - a blue post by the company who makes things work or exploiters? take your tinfoil hat off
    A blue poster is a human being too, they aint gods.

Consume all available knowlegde and form your own opinion
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Asasyn View Post
    is it possible to delete a legendary in hope of breaking soft cap of 4 legs at a time or just to increase the likehood of getting different items? Does it even work, or doing so would have no impact anyway?
    there is no such thing like soft cap stop spreading nonsense - i know people who spam mythic + and sit on 6+ legendaries already - just because 1 special snowflake run 1300 and had bad rng it doesnt mean there is any cap
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-11-24 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    I thought you could get duplicates?
    Guildie of mine got a duplicate 2 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Might be that there isnt any badluck protection after number 4 making it go back to the base unprotected drop rate which was absolutely abysmal (I think, for M+ for example it was under .1%), and maybe, for current patch rate, a large drop off past the first 4 until maybe 7.1.5 etc. But all those rerolling, if there is a bug/artifical gate until the next patch and then its sorted out, will have wasted millions of AP etc and possible item upgrades, for a small chance to get the legendary items they specifically want, when theres 2 ideal ones out of about 20 odd for most classes/specs.
    That's exactly what a softcap would be. You can still get a leg drop, it's just less likely. A hardcap would mean that they just stop dropping at all.

OT: I only see the softcap whining now some high end guild complained about it after getting banned for an exploit so... It's likely meaningless for 99.99% of players anyway, if it's even a thing. So I wouldn't just go delete any legendaries, getting 1 Sephuz is dissapointing, imagine getting 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Blue posts isn't reddit.
    No, but blindly believeing whatever "blues" say is reddit.

They've been claiming all sorts of shit since the start of this expansion, most of it revolving around legendaries.

Not long ago, there was a blue post about leggos having purely random chance to drop. A week later, there's another one, claiming there's a bad luck protection.

Needless to say, they've also boldly claimed there's no such bug that would make leggos more likely to drop for some people. Surprise surprise, there was.

And it doesn't even have to be a blue post, simple answers from GMs also tend to contradict each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Guildie of mine got a duplicate 2 days ago
    Hah. Assuming you speak truth, that only adds to my point - since a "blue" said they've fixed an issue where a character can obtain duplicate legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Exploiting guild needed to draw attention away from their exploiting.
    Well, i actually do agree with him on how all legendaries should be utility ones,
    but everything else in that statement just sounds outright stupid.

He goes and lists one player, who after 1k+ M+'s and how all of them have done a lot of them, completely ignoring the fact that even if it was the data of a full guild that would hardly be any relevant sample size.

I'm pretty sure that even after 1k mythic+s you most probably won't be reaching 50% drop chance. And that there is in fact a chance that even at a 99% drop chance there is a (albeit very, very low) chance that you might never see one drop.

What do we know; perhaps they have a grinding-prevention mechanism somewhere in their code also, stopping the bad-luck protection from stacking any higher after a certain source of it was exhausted too much in a certain time-period.
    They act all high and mighty, but the truth is; even if they are very goo at the game, they don't know anything about the code of the game.

No, but blindly believeing whatever "blues" say is reddit.

They've been claiming all sorts of shit since the start of this expansion, most of it revolving around legendaries.

Not long ago, there was a blue post about leggos having purely random chance to drop. A week later, there's another one, claiming there's a bad luck protection.

Needless to say, they've also boldly claimed there's no such bug that would make leggos more likely to drop for some people. Surprise surprise, there was.

And it doesn't even have to be a blue post, simple answers from GMs also tend to contradict each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah. Assuming you speak truth, that only adds to my point - since a "blue" said they've fixed an issue where a character can obtain duplicate legendaries.
    Question; Are you familiar with how software-companies operate regarding bug-reports?

The quote makes me think not.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-11-24 at 12:24 PM.

Try to find any player in the world that has more than 4 legendaries. If it's purely down to luck, then there should be a few statistical outliers that are super lucky. I have yet to see any player above 4, yet I know many who got their 4th multiple weeks ago.

I'm not stating whether there's a cap or not, but I have not seen evidence of someone with more than 4, even after looking extensively for it. Some friends got 3 legendaries within the first few weeks of release, thanks to the infamous bug, but they too are stuck with 4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Question; Are you familiar with how software-companies operate regarding bug-reports?

The quote makes me think not.
    What does that have to do with blizz spewing crap left and right?

Please, do elaborate.

About the duplicate legendary issue:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...s-september-6/

Specifically this bit:
    Fixed a bug that could cause players, who were simultaneously both very lucky and very unlucky, to receive the same legendary item more than once.

With that said, just cause they ("blues") say it doesn't mean it's true.

Deleted
    Would be awesome if anyone claiming there is no soft cap would back it up by pointing to a player who received their fifth legendary AFTER the bad luck protection fix. "A blue post said it" isn't a proof, as has been proved time and time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    Would be awesome if anyone claiming there is no soft cap would back it up by pointing to a player who received their fifth legendary AFTER the bad luck protection fix. "A blue post said it" isn't a proof, as has been proved time and time again.
    If such proof was provided, it wouldn't even disprove the softcap claim. It'd simply disprove the claim of a hardcap.

Deleted
    What does that have to do with blizz spewing crap left and right?

Please, do elaborate.
    A whole lot actually. A bug is not considered a bug right until it can be replicated and confirmed.
    Especially when it comes to things like small samples of events with very small chance to happen it is very hard to warrant complaints and reports like that with additional research. --- and yes, in real world, where you have limited capabilities such tests need to be warranted before they are agreed on;
    They can't just start a test based on every whim of every player; who like in this care can be emotionally influenced.

About the duplicate legendary issue:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...s-september-6/

Specifically this bit:
    Fixed a bug that could cause players, who were simultaneously both very lucky and very unlucky, to receive the same legendary item more than once.

With that said, just cause they ("blues") say it doesn't mean it's true.
    There is one factor that seems to change between all these issues you are linking: time.
    Besides: bugs have a tendency to appear out of nowhere, when you least expect it and something seemingly unrelated was actually just worked on; who's to say that isn't the case here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    If that's the game you want to play;
    me and half my guild is stuck at 2 legendaries... the softcap must obviously be at 2!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    That top raiding guild disagrees with this, to the point that it's better to make a new character to chase legendaries.
    And what does it have to do with the soft-cap? you clearly misunderstood what he meant.
    He meant that if you create 12 warriors, and level them up, they will all reach the point where they recieve a legendary, some of them will get sephuz, and some of them a BIS legendary, so delete the ones with useless legendaries, and stick with the ones who have BIS.
    You can repeat this process with the remaining warriors until second legendary, etc, until you have a winner, and that is the warrior you end playing with.
    Nothing to do with the soft cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    And what does it have to do with the soft-cap? you clearly misunderstood what he meant.
    He meant that if you create 12 warriors, and level them up, they will all reach the point where they recieve a legendary, some of them will get sephuz, and some of them a BIS legendary, so delete the ones with useless legendaries, and stick with the ones who have BIS.
    You can repeat this process with the remaining warriors until second legendary, etc, until you have a winner, and that is the warrior you end playing with.
    Nothing to do with the soft cap.
    His reasons for that has everything to do with the soft-cap, even if you disagree.

Currently, such softcap leads to some totally idiotic things, raiders (including mine) are forced to do. Got 4 legendaries on your class and they're all terrible? Got 4 legendaries for "Fire" spec and now it's useless, so you need Arcane ones? Missing one that is crucial for your gameplay?
    The answer to ALL of those questions is simple - go on and create new character, level it to 110 and good luck this time. That's the ONLY choice right now for you, otherwise good luck with your useless ones.

Cmon lets view its by bussiness model here. My class has access to 13 legendaries (druid have more?). If we assume that the expansion will last aproxx 18 months and if we assume that everyone must have all legendaries in game by the end of this expansion, that leaves us aproxx with getting one legendary every month and half. Yea i know napkin math but u know what i mean.

Now looking at the crushing majority of ppl that have above 3 legendaries are stuck at 4 and there are like 0.00? % of ppl having 5 plus, we can easily assume that blizz turned off the chance to the point of having 0,000000001% chance to get another. Yes someone will get it even with those chances but........

At least if i was a company that wanted to keep its content relevant and ppl playing till getting the new one etc, thats what i would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

This was the message he received:

"Greetings Traveler!!!

My name is __ and I was summoned by powerful forces today to help you in any way that my own power allows me xD

I also want to apologise for the delay with this response as you can imagine its been crazy here what with all those mini illidans running about and the massive number of returning players coming to join the fight againt the biggest threat Azeroth has ever seen...The Burning Legion.

I see you have recieved the same Legendary twice. This was hotfixed before but somehow managed to find a way back. Thankfully, I have been given the green light to go ahead and replace this for you. Please note that this is still randomly pulled from the possible loot table for mages and you are now the owner of Belo'vir's Final Stand. Shield after blinking, pretty awesome

I do hope this clears everything up for you and should you have any further questions then please don't hesitate to contact us again. Be it by Ticket or Hippogryph or simply screaming really really loud. Just let us know. :smiley:

Happy Demon Hunting,
    GM ___"
    So yea, he got another random leg

Deleted
    The only thing all this tells us os that Blizzard still has t found a good solution to legendaries in wow. The problem started in mists when they triwere d a new approach to the legendary. Same with WoD. They then tried som thing new here in Legion and that might just be the worst iteration yet.

I do agree that a lot of the controversy would be taken away if they remade them into only being supprtish like passives. It's shit to balance around the dps ones. It sucks when you get the bad dps ones. It sucks when you don't get a legendary aswell. The only time it doesn't suck is if/when you get that one specific legendary you want.

All this fucking controversy could easily have been avoided/still can by making them support items.

That being said I prefer the pre pandaria version where a few lucky sods with the right class and spec got an extremely powerful item fitting that expansions lore

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    There is no soft cap.
    Source please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    would you listen to cheaters? i mean their reputation is pretty much gone... it is like taking financial advice off of a crook
    It's actually extremely reasonable if you don't have ethic issues. Videogame cheats and financial crooks tend to successfully exploit shitty systems. To do that, you need to learn them first.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Cmon lets view its by bussiness model here. My class has access to 13 legendaries (druid have more?). If we assume that the expansion will last aproxx 18 months and if we assume that everyone must have all legendaries in game by the end of this expansion, that leaves us aproxx with getting one legendary every month and half. Yea i know napkin math but u know what i mean.

Now looking at the crushing majority of ppl that have above 3 legendaries are stuck at 4 and there are like 0.00? % of ppl having 5 plus, we can easily assume that blizz turned off the chance to the point of having 0,000000001% chance to get another. Yes someone will get it even with those chances but........

At least if i was a company that wanted to keep its content relevant and ppl playing till getting the new one etc, thats what i would do.
    Lol! At this rate, most people will not have all legendaries at the end of the expantion. Quite a few of us will not have a single one.