Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Lost Artifact Knowledge Level !

I have run into a bug that caused me to lose a level of Artifact Knowledge.

Approximately 5 days ago, I used an "Artifact Research Notes" item and reached an Artifact Knowledge Level 17 with 4550% AP multiplier and for all of this week I have gained AP as intended, with Level 17 Artifact Knowledge. I still have all of those AP items in my bank, so I did not imagine it .

This morning I logged in and noticed that all AP quest rewards were much lower than I've seen in almost week.

When I checked my Artifact Knowledge level – Lo and behold! It read Level 16 with 3600% multiplier. I have reset the cache in case it was a visual bug, but this did not fix the problem.

It seems I have indeed lost an Artifact Knowledge Level .

I looked online to see if anyone else had this issue and there were a few reports of this in September, but no solutions or known causes. But what I did find was that this bug can allegedly happen multiple times to the same character!!!

Have any of you come across this? Any advice?

Advise? Open a ticket to GM

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Advise? Open a ticket to GM
    Opened one, thank you. Of course Im not too optimistic going by the reports of other people that had this bug - they received automated responses to their tickets. Do GMs still have the power to fix such issues directly?

I don't want to disappoint you, but I have the lvl110 achievement from August, and I only got to level 17 AK yesterday.

Check the random daily heroic, it should give you 18600 AP for completion if you are at 17.

if you hit lvl 17 5 days ago then you hit 110 3-4 days before legion launched

Yeah... your AK was bugged or something. I hit 110 the first day and just got AK17 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    if you hit lvl 17 5 days ago then you hit 110 3-4 days before legion launched
    mathed in the face!

I was 100% seeing AK Level 17 and the lowest WQ rewards were around 8-9k AP. Now Im again getting the 5.9k rewards on map that I haven't seen in almost a week.

Maybe having Level 17 was the bug and Bliz fixed it. That does make me feel a little better though. Thanks

Deleted
    artifact knowledge 17 5 days ago? how is that even possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drujt View Post
    artifact knowledge 17 5 days ago? how is that even possible
    It's not, he either experienced a bug (that noone else seems to have in all of Blizzard's playerbase, otherwise you would have already read it somehwere) or he is just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    It's not, he either experienced a bug (that noone else seems to have in all of Blizzard's playerbase, otherwise you would have already read it somehwere) or he is just trolling.
    Genuine issue, but you guys appear to be right that having AK17 in the first place was a bug. I found a bunch of people on forums and here reporting having the same issue in September, but the people losing an AK level always are noted to have lost one they weren't supposed to have. Maybe there's a visual bug that make it look like a player is higher AK level than he is, maybe it actually did give me level 17. I still have all of the AP tokens in the bank and they still show the same AP values as when I was seeing LvL17, significantly higher than what I can get now back on 16.

Either way, Im just happy this doesn't make me fall behind.
    Last edited by Ragerush; 2016-11-24 at 02:03 PM.

The good thing about AK is that you shouldn't feel behind at all. If you skip whole 10 days of playtime, and come back, you only need to work twice as hard for half the lost time, because every AK level increases gains by roughly 25%.

Deleted
    The AK issue aside, why are you hoarding AP items in your bank? They don't scale with future AK, so... what?

AK 17? BULLSHIT!

1. I'm still on AK 14.

2. Is AK 17 even possible? Cause, I thought that the max as of now was around 15-16.

I had a friend who somehow hit AK 17 before they technically should've as well, so perhaps the reason that you were put back down to 16 was because blizzard fixed the bug that caused it in the first place because Legion came out on 8/30, so it would take 85 days to get to AK 17 (5 days per level and 17 levels), but you say that you got AK level 17 on approximately 11/19 or day 81 of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragerush View Post
    I have run into a bug that caused me to lose a level of Artifact Knowledge.

Approximately 5 days ago, I used an "Artifact Research Notes" item and reached an Artifact Knowledge Level 17 with 4550% AP multiplier and for all of this week I have gained AP as intended, with Level 17 Artifact Knowledge. I still have all of those AP items in my bank, so I did not imagine it .

This morning I logged in and noticed that all AP quest rewards were much lower than I've seen in almost week.

When I checked my Artifact Knowledge level – Lo and behold! It read Level 16 with 3600% multiplier. I have reset the cache in case it was a visual bug, but this did not fix the problem.

It seems I have indeed lost an Artifact Knowledge Level .

I looked online to see if anyone else had this issue and there were a few reports of this in September, but no solutions or known causes. But what I did find was that this bug can allegedly happen multiple times to the same character!!!

Have any of you come across this? Any advice?
    Ffs open a GM ticket. No need for a bug report here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    AK 17? BULLSHIT!

1. I'm still on AK 14.

2. Is AK 17 even possible? Cause, I thought that the max as of now was around 15-16.
    It should be in 2 days or so

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    AK 17? BULLSHIT!

1. I'm still on AK 14.

As of 2 hours ago I'm again back up to AK17 and would have been on AK18 if not for the fix/bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    The AK issue aside, why are you hoarding AP items in your bank? They don't scale with future AK, so... what?
    I've stashed just under 2 million AP in the bank in case I have to switch spec to remain competitive. My spec is one of the ones receiving a baseball bat makeover on the PTR at the moment.
    Last edited by Ragerush; 2016-11-24 at 07:04 PM.

17 is possible for today. My friend got his 17th one today.

AK 17 with 3 days 12 hours left for AK 18. You can be 1-3 hours earlier tops. That is dinging 110 around 11 hours after EU launch.

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    Some specs are, as of now and it is subject to change, getting completely fucked in 7.1.5 while others are getting buffed. To be competitive in Nighthold people are keeping AP in their bank so they can put it into the spec that blizzard doesn't manage to ruin.