Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    ONLY? If you deal 450, you sir are among the top DK's in the world(and top DPS specs overall in rankings).

350K was the DPS UH DK's dealt in world first.

I don't know mate. This is just stupid.

I still don't understand this discussion.

Maybe you guys should have 12 alts and keep switchin depending on which class performs best that month?
    No one is asking for unholy to top the charts. We are asking to be within say 10% of the top specs.

After 5 years of being bottom or very near things need to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Us mages got it so much worse, destroy our best legendary and utterly dismantle our kit.

All DKs will be better than any non-arcane mage in 7.1.5, we fucking lost 100k DPS.
    And youll still be better than unholy.

Where did i put that worlds smallest violin?

Deleted
    I just love how some people say that "as long as you enjoy the class dont care about your dps". In case you haven't noticed, Mythic raiding is (still) capped at 20 people, so if your spec is one of the worst at the moment, there "might" be a chance that you get benched.

Deleted
    ONLY? If you deal 450, you sir are among the top DK's in the world(and top DPS specs overall in rankings).

350K was the DPS UH DK's dealt in world first.

I don't know mate. This is just stupid.

I still don't understand this discussion.

Maybe you guys should have 12 alts and keep switchin depending on which class performs best that month?
    First of all, you say that we are fine because you end in 90/95 % parses? Do you even know how that works? you are only competing with other unholy DKs. It's only a measurment for YOUR skill. If you parse at 90/95% where do you end up in relation with your guildmates? If they are as good as you you'll be bottom of the table. If they are mediocre you might be top 5.

What we are talking about here, and you are missing the point, is that if you are a godly DK you might fight in DPS with a semi-decent Rogue, for example.

If all your guild is decent (and so are you) you are going to be at the bottom of the chart.

I'm one of the best DPS on my guild, We are not doing high end content but we manage and I constantly parse 20 / 30 % higher than my teammates yet I'm only top 5, I finish first on some bosses but only because I'm a tryhard.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    So honestly what other spec can you honestly say is more complex? There is none.
    Of the ones I played, Survival is pretty hard. Unholy isn't at all that complex, other than tracking your FWs and keep them above 3 when using SS.

Quote Originally Posted by zevah View Post
    What we are talking about here, and you are missing the point, is that if you are a godly DK you might fight in DPS with a semi-decent Rogue, for example.
    Haha, this is exactly the case. The only competition I have on most pure burn fights as a Frost DK in my guild is one of our rogues and our shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    Of the ones I played, Survival is pretty hard. Unholy isn't at all that complex, other than tracking your FWs and keep them above 3 when using SS.
    And keeping your disease up. Using DT on CD. Making sure pet goes where it is needed. Using SR + Apoc + 7/8W (and tracking runes / RP to make sure that will work). Tracking Scourge the Unbeliever.

Deleted
    Us mages got it so much worse, destroy our best legendary and utterly dismantle our kit.

All DKs will be better than any non-arcane mage in 7.1.5, we fucking lost 100k DPS.
    If by destroy you mean nerf from 300% to 250% then im not sure you understand the term destroy. The legendary was far too strong, anyone could see that.

An utterly dismantled kit, that is still gonna be better than what UH have. When you mages say this, it feels like some pampered boy who lost a piece of candy and now shouts how the whole day is ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    And keeping your disease up. Using DT on CD. Making sure pet goes where it is needed. Using SR + Apoc + 7/8W (and tracking runes / RP to make sure that will work). Tracking Scourge the Unbeliever.
    UH is still rather brain dead to play after two weeks of raiding, I hardly ever think about my rotation anymore. Got a WA tracking wounds, and keeping up disease and using DT on CD is just natural. Frost with Icy Talons is more challenging, at least there you have to save up some RP so you can always Frost Strike to not lose your stacks.

Not saying it is bad though, I don't mind playing something I don't have to track all procs etc all the time, so I can focus more on what is going on around me.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    I just love how some people say that "as long as you enjoy the class dont care about your dps". In case you haven't noticed, Mythic raiding is (still) capped at 20 people, so if your spec is one of the worst at the moment, there "might" be a chance that you get benched.
    Most people who say that arnt hardcore raiders that do casual Mythic Clears.
    "Play the Class/Spec you enjoy" will mostly come from people who play the game just to have fun or maybe clear up Heroic with a small dip into Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There is actually a >0 chance that we may get buffed so much to compensate that we all have to jump back to unholy which would probably fuck us over even more, again. It depends entirely on how (if they actually do it) they decide to buff unholy.

Edith says: I really hope this won't be a theme and we are going to constantly swing back and forth with every patch, because I'm sick of farming AP and given how they'll be adding more talents in the future as well..
    Then just stick with the spec you prefer You don't HAVE to swap to the flavour of the month.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There is actually a >0 chance that we may get buffed so much to compensate that we all have to jump back to unholy which would probably fuck us over even more, again. It depends entirely on how (if they actually do it) they decide to buff unholy.

Edith says: I really hope this won't be a theme and we are going to constantly swing back and forth with every patch, because I'm sick of farming AP and given how they'll be adding more talents in the future as well..
    Yeah, our enh shaman got the achievement for getting all traits on his artifact yesterday and I'm sitting there with Frost at 32 and Unholy at 29 still having a while to go on both even though I spend nearly every minute that is not reserved for work, sleep or basic body care in front of my PC doing wqs, raiding or running dungeons. -.-
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-11-24 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted

Cool story but take your mage complaints to a mage thread. This here is about DKs. I don't think anyone here particularly cares about mage legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Cool story but take your mage complaints to a mage thread. This here is about DKs. I don't think anyone here particularly cares about mage legs.
    Have some consideration. We are used to being neglected and tortured by Blizzard but being nerfed and maybe even falling below the top 5 speccs is new for mages. Their own class forum isn't enough to contain their tears and fears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Have some consideration. We are used to being neglected and tortured by Blizzard but being nerfed and maybe even falling below the top 5 speccs is new for mages. Their own class forum isn't enough to contain their tears and fears.
    True. I now know why oceans are so wide and deep and... salty Mage forum was not enough!

hahahahaha, you really got 100K DPS from a 50% nerf to a legendary?

Your spells are getting buffed to compensate, to allow you to do more sustained and less burst. Don't be silly with your 100K dps nerf lmao

217 posts from casual players.

Not a single damn given from a person, playing in a functional guild, killing bosses and because of free time, doing pet battles and laughing at you.

I can get rid of my bracers, use my other legendary(Sephuz)and sit on 85-90%parse(90-95+% with bracers). Bracers can only do so much, when you don't have it takes.
    Look at this attitude. Your comments are really of no use for the favor of DK community.
    Welcome to my ignore list..

Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    All of this tracking is done easily with WeakAuras or CompactRunes.

Deleted
    Everything in wow is done easily. Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    hahahahaha, you really got 100K DPS from a 50% nerf to a legendary?

Your spells are getting buffed to compensate, to allow you to do more sustained and less burst. Don't be silly with your 100K dps nerf lmao
    Well, the first cycle of the ptr actually did murder fire with no explanation. However Blizzard gave an explanation of the nerfs and what they're doing to compensate them. My only issue with it is the fact that they got answers right the fuck away from a complete bitchfest, yet every beta and post release for an expansion, the DK playerbase gives valuable and good feedback to only go completely ignored. I honestly still feel they are holding Season 5 against us still at times.

I don't ascribe it to malice at all. From the outside where we're standing it totally feels like a competence gap, but we don't know the constraints they're developing under-- there are likely other internal pressures and constraints on production or design. And it's definitely true that balancing essentially two dozen separate classes is hard.

That doesn't justify failure. It just explains it.