Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wasn't there a post about how the top 5 man mythic+ group in the world each got 4 legendaries over a month ago, and did like another 600-800 mythic + runs without any of the 4 getting a legendary?

Deleted
    Ok there isnt a soft cap? How can you explain this: At the start of the expansion in first 2 weeks, two ppl in our guild including me got 3 legendaries, and after that didnt see one for A WHILE, I got my fourth 2 days ago, and its really big big coincidence I didnt get anything before 80% of our guild got 3 legendaries aswel. Or simply explain to me how do all people on avarage got 3 legendaries (even tho some got 3 in first week, others got one every two weeks). THERE IS A SYSTEM THAT EQUALIZES LEGENDARIES, OPEN YOUR EYES AND STOP BELIVING EVERYTHING BLIZZARD SAYS

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The post on the front of the WoW subreddit at the moment about the mythical legendary softcap is the embodiment of entitlement. It's actually kind of cute. At the end of the day, even though I don't trust Blizzard entirely, I'll take their word on the matter over that of people I have zero respect for or zero reason to believe on forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Being skeptical of everything and trusting randoms is not a sign of inteligence.
    I wish I would be smart enough to trust the mighty blue authority which has been wrong several times regarding drop issues.
    Hardcore raiders who spent their whole day playing the game are known to completely talk out of their ass regarding Blizzard's game mechanics oversights and bugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post
    We know nothing about the bad luck protection. We know nothing about a soft cap.
    This is something i do totally agree with you, we should know for sure what systems are or are not in place, unless they are so bad, thay they are obligued to remain silent about them.
    Anyway, i think legendaries system is gonna hit them hard, because at the moment everything about them it is confusing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    who to trust - a blue post by the company who makes things work or exploiters? take your tinfoil hat off
    same company who got owned by a dude on a red shirt for not knowing their own game

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, there is a soft cap because some guy from a top guild with no significant amount of measurement points says so. SUUURE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Blizz is a buisness. If they gave you all the legendaries in game, you will be covered 70% and never have to replace those slots and you can come back to whine about, you don't have anything left to do.
    Sure, have a player with only Sephuz and nothing else, while others have four (four good ones), and see him ragequitting for the rest of the expansion, not good for the bussiness i think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    same company who got owned by a dude on a red shirt for not knowing their own game
    Does this mean pretty much every actor in lotr is incompetent because there are things about the lotr universe they don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Oh yes, there is a soft cap because some guy from a top guild with no significant amount of measurement points says so. SUUURE
    xD. There is thread right here on this forum that was started 3 days before the "statement", actually showing why there is a 4 legendaries soft cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah, same guy that pointed out there was something wrong with the bad luck protection when people got 2 legendaries in a row early expansion and then later got proven right by blizzard. That guy.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2016-11-24 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicbank View Post
    to get back on topic, no, deleting any of your legendary's will not increase your chance of getting a legendary.

also, to clear up any confusion, there is no soft cap.
    or, at least, no intentional one that blizzard is willing to announce to it's user base.

there could very well be a softcap that blizzard themselves aren't aware of because of buggs/issues.

but that's impossible, blizzard has never had any unintentional problems with the legendary system.
    i mean, the system has always been working perfectly right of the bat, and people that received 3 legendary's on 1 day, less then a week after reaching 110 were just extremely lucky, right?
    Or there could be a softcap at 4 legendaries (like a lot of evidence suggests) and Blizzard could very well be aware of this and avoid informing the public and rather fix it without giving a statement. Seems to me that this would be a very strange bug tho, and why anyone would want to lower the droprate after 4 makes no sense to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Sure, have a player with only Sephuz and nothing else, while others have four (four good ones), and see him ragequitting for the rest of the expansion, not good for the bussiness i think.
    Sephuz turns out to be BiS for some specs in a month(in 7.1.5).

But that wasnt my point.

- - - Updated - - -

This is NOT game bashing(i love the game). But whenever I see blind stupidity, it triggers me. Im sorry.

OBVIOUSLY(and for the good) - there is a cap. It's not because of some guild is saying so.

This is buisness. If they gave you all the legendaries ingame, you will be covered 70% and never have to replace those slots(you don't want to come back again and whine about you don't have anything left to do). In 7.1.5(with new legendaries), some specs can be covered 100% with only legendaries(which is hoooooorible - why would you do any PvE then?).

Luck proctection: No. It's basic math. The more you play, the higher chance. It's like you can play 1 lottery ticket and win or play 1000 and maybe win. Looking from a buisness perspective, it makes no sense to implement something that helps you get easier gear. It's not a lie, but I don't believe something is "stacking up"as a mechanic to assist you(or it "does" - its just called math).

Thou, I believe(seen from the reports ive seen):
    If you create a new alt, just like AK is shorter now, the chances for you to get legendary is higher(maybe even better/more gear in general). That also makes sense from a buisness point of view.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-24 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kemonozume View Post
    A girl on my guils has 5 legendary's. Later I ask for a screenshoot. So no soft cap. He got the 5 one yesterday.
    shodve asked for a picture of her and her number instead

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Or there could be a softcap at 4 legendaries (like a lot of evidence suggests) and Blizzard could very well be aware of this and avoid informing the public and rather fix it without giving a statement. Seems to me that this would be a very strange bug tho, and why anyone would want to lower the droprate after 4 makes no sense to me.
    So you still have something exciting to get a year into this expansion. 5 legendaries after 2-3 months. It could also be something to protect it from a possible exploit. Like kill mob x gives you for 20% a legendary, people farm this mob whole day end up having 10 legendaries. Or like the start of the expansion that legendary bad luck protection was giving people tons of legendaries.

This whole soft cap mess reeks of entitlement. The exploiters claim they ran over 1k M+ and haven't gotten rewarded for it. There was never a guarantee of doing X amount of times would result in being automatically rewarded a Legendary item and it would just come down to poop socking as much as possible if it were. Because of this is the sole reason they are claiming there is a "soft cap".

In fact, even the guy (or guys) who made 1340 M+ dungeons on his character still has 4 legendaries, which is more than enough of a proof. Currently, such softcap leads to some totally idiotic things, raiders (including mine) are forced to do.
    Clearly case closed. We have all the evidence we need boyz -eye roll-

They are grasping at anything to shift the blame off of their behavior instead of accepting their own faults. If Blizzard didnt do this, we wouldn't be forced to do this? Childs logic.

Quote Originally Posted by supertrump View Post
    name & avatar checks out

Quote Originally Posted by supertrump View Post
    And grab her by the foxflower?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    This whole soft cap mess reeks of entitlement. The exploiters claim they ran over 1k M+ and haven't gotten rewarded for it. There was never a guarantee of doing X amount of times would result in being automatically rewarded a Legendary item and it would just come down to poop socking as much as possible if it were. Because of this is the sole reason they are claiming there is a "soft cap".

Clearly case closed. We have all the evidence we need boyz -eye roll-

They are grasping at anything to shift the blame off of their behavior instead of accepting their own faults. If Blizzard didnt do this, we wouldn't be forced to do this? Childs logic.
    The more you play the more you can actually deserve to be entitled. Cmon do you think hardcore raiders should be grateful for getting "their" loot? It's pure numerics to those guys, and loot funneling. Imagine a Method player not getting any loot at all that is bis ever. But hey, look, he actually got one item he needs, and should be grateful for that item, not the other pieces he didn't get. Doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    The fact that you seem to be unable to differentiate between two different things (a) them admitting to have exploited b) the legendary issue) yet you call other people on using "childs logic" is amusing.

How I see Exorsus statement: They admit exploiting and that it was wrong (I agree). They criticize Blizz for not definig the line between "clever use of game mechanics" and "exploit" well enough (I agree). They bring up a completly unrelated issue with the game: the legendary soft cap.

So how exactly are they "not accepting their own faults"? And more importantly how does this have anything to do with the legendary issue that is actually relevant to this thread?