Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Source please for proof of Softcap.
    The vast majority of players that actually play a lot and were not able to abuse the bug are at 4 or less?

In any case, I did not say there was one. You however stated that there was no cap, like it was a fact.
    You don't know that, thought it seems likely at this point that the chances of getting a legendary after 4 are so small, most people will never get one.

Once you hit 4, you're better off rerolling a new character as epic gear and AP is much easier to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    A blue poster is a human being too, they aint gods.

Consume all available knowlegde and form your own opinion
    Of course they are not "gods" but they have access to the people who actually made the game. The chance of their statements being true/correct in situations like this is much higher than statements made by raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    The fact that you seem to be unable to differentiate between two different things (a) them admitting to have exploited b) the legendary issue) yet you call other people on using "childs logic" is amusing.

How I see Exorsus statement: They admit exploiting and that it was wrong (I agree). They criticize Blizz for not definig the line between "clever use of game mechanics" and "exploit" well enough (I agree). They bring up a completly unrelated issue with the game: the legendary soft cap.
    They never accepted their own faults and mistakes. Even their message is a long winded blame shifting effort that is what is childish about it. While even attempting it they just come off as annoyed that they were punished and will most likely not learn from this at all. While pointing at other instances like Archimonde which is stupid, the crystal respawned and the mechanic didn't stop from happening for the rest of the attempt.

So how exactly are they "not accepting their own faults"? And more importantly how does this have anything to do with the legendary issue that is actually relevant to this thread?
    Because the source of the myth. The soft cap comes from this statement and who made the statement is already suspect in their integrity. Why should we believe anything these people say because their clearly in a desperate attempt at blame shifting. "If Blizzard didnt limit us to 4 legendary's we wouldn't feel the need to exploit!!!!!.."

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    The more you play the more you can actually deserve to be entitled. Cmon do you think hardcore raiders should be grateful for getting "their" loot? It's pure numerics to those guys, and loot funneling. Imagine a Method player not getting any loot at all that is bis ever. But hey, look, he actually got one item he needs, and should be grateful for that item, not the other pieces he didn't get. Doesn't work that way.
    This just promotes toxic playstyle. If it becomes a simple matter of doing X a number of times no matter how extreme the number those guilds will do everything they can to reach that number no matter the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    No, but blindly believeing whatever "blues" say is reddit.

They've been claiming all sorts of shit since the start of this expansion, most of it revolving around legendaries.

Not long ago, there was a blue post about leggos having purely random chance to drop. A week later, there's another one, claiming there's a bad luck protection.
    As long as you don't have real proof that what a blue says is false, it is true I guess...
    As for that bad luck prevention, I'm fairly sure that was even announced before (long) launch, I don't know why this all seems to be news?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    who to trust - a blue post by the company who makes things work or exploiters? take your tinfoil hat off
    Oh, because Blizzard has NEVER lied to us.... get real sport

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Lore even confirmed on his stream last night that there is no softcap. There has also been a blue post stating it.
    Well, there also have been blueposts about the sha mount dropping correctly, or more recently Demonhunters would be eligible for personal loot in old raid instances which they weren't at that time.

I'm not saying that in this case there is a legendary softcap, or that blue posts are wrong all the time. I'm just saying that there have been cases where in hindsight the observation of the community proofed a blue poster wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a soft cap and it sits at 4 legendary. Once you've got 4 legendary, you're better to just level another character.

But then again, understand that the soft cap is meaningless if you're not a hardcore mythic raider. Because the soft cap is peanuts in the grand scheme of everything.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by PvtPJ View Post
    i tryed to avoid the "4legy softcap" no luck until now :/
    With all the people just speculating or arguing about whether the soft cap even exists, it's great to see someone actually putting their nuts on the table and rolling the dice - good luck and please do keep us posted!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Once you hit 4, you're better off rerolling a new character as epic gear and AP is much easier to get.
    This is all kinds of wrong.

i) there is no intentional softcap according to Blizzard. (There might be a bug, but if it turns out that there is then it's going to be fixed)
    ii) Capping a fresh 110 today at 0 AK will take a long time to get up to a reasonable amount of AK, and so you'd be a long way behind someone who has been collecting AP since day1 and it'll take a *very* long time to catch up.
    iii)there's no guarantee that you'll get the legendaries that you are chasing on the new toon either.

It's more likely that Blizzard will fix the bug (if it exists) and implement a way of targeting legendaries before the new toon will catch up with the old toon.

ETA: if you're a hardcore raider then you ought to have had multiples of each class progressing and then used the one that got the "right" legendary drops as your main going forward. In a very RNG system where BiS Legendaries give big output boosts, then that was the best way to go about gaming the system. In a world with AK and AP then rerolling a new toon once you get 4 "terrible" legendaries is a really bad plan.
    Last edited by mmocc7e3c0a7c1; 2016-11-24 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosebumps View Post
    This is all kinds of wrong.

i) there is no intentional softcap according to Blizzard. (There might be a bug, but if it turns out that there is then it's going to be fixed)
    ii) Capping a fresh 110 today at 0 AK will take a long time to get up to a reasonable amount of AK, and so you'd be a long way behind someone who has been collecting AP since day1 and it'll take a *very* long time to catch up.
    iii)there's no guarantee that you'll get the legendaries that you are chasing on the new toon either.

It's more likely that Blizzard will fix the bug (if it exists) and implement a way of targeting legendaries before the new toon will catch up with the old toon.
    "According to Blizzard"? Really? Where did they say that?
    They also said there was no legendary bug at Legion release yet here was and a lot of people got 3-4 legendaries the first weeks becuase of it.

A good guess would be that they have no idea how it works or how to fix it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Or there could be a softcap at 4 legendaries (like a lot of evidence suggests) and Blizzard could very well be aware of this and avoid informing the public and rather fix it without giving a statement. Seems to me that this would be a very strange bug tho, and why anyone would want to lower the droprate after 4 makes no sense to me.
    this is also a very real option.
    the problem however, knowing blizzard, is that we, the consumers, will NEVER know if this is actually true or not, considering how tight lipped and secretive the company can be.

because, let's face it. if we know about a soft cap system, there will be people (amount unknown) with the soft cap in legendary's that will halt their subscription and wait till the softcap is increased before they continue playing because the legendary's they have now are sub par compared to the ones they don't yet have.

blizzard's current legendary system is, for lack of a better description, their creme de la creme.

so far they have had to design and develop systems and content for multiple different focus groups.
    this is why we have 3 set and 1 scaling difficulty in dungeons, and 4 set difficulties in terms of raids.
    it's also why we currently have so many different battlegrounds as well as a new competitive arena season every so often.
    and all the reputation factions and large quest chains and world area's.

that is a lot of different focus groups to develop for.

their new legendary system however is something that ties into ALL of these systems, and is something EVERYONE can work towards no matter what they choose to do or how long they choose to do it. (strictly speaking, it caters towards the people trying to acquire gear, which is probably one of the main focus points of WoW)

so they want to control this system and make it last as long as possible.

however, since the system of distribution itself is bad (let's be honest here. there's plenty of other, more user friendly, ways to implement these legendary's. it is, however, to late to alter the system now without substantial backlash from the community.) they opted not to let the public know in case people decide to leave because their fun is determined by this system.

BUT, that's just me putting on my foil hat for a bit.

in all honesty i don't think there is a soft cap system, or at least not a deliberate, blizzard controlled one, there could however very well be a bug that might be causing an effect akin to a softcap.

i DO however think... know... that the current legendary system is a dumpster-fire in all aspects.
    from it's design, to it's implementation.

and that anyone and everyone that tries to justify the current system with redundant statement's like "it's fine, it's working as intended, you're just entitled, that's just it's RNG, stop whining/complaining" needs to seriously read up on the definition of Stockholm syndrome and skepticism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Removing them also runs the risk of allowing you to get the same legendary again, depending on how they track that :>
    people have been getting duplicates for quite a while now, did they even fix this issue ?

7+ Year Old Account
    I deleted sephuz and later I got prydaz. Lul'd

There's a megathread for legendary discussion.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.