Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thinking of coming back

Hi there guys!

Yeah, it's one of them posts. Sorry.

I'll keep it short:

What's the best class atm?

How easy is it to get back into the swing of things for someone who hasn't played since pre-Legion?

Is Legion any good?

How's the questing experience?

What's Demon Hunter like?

Cheers boys and gals.

Warrior, and Shaman, Catch Up Mechanics for AP Knowledge, Yes, Pretty Linear (easy), Fun from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by GenaiTN View Post
    Hi there guys!

I'll keep it short:

How easy is it to get back into the swing of things for someone who hasn't played since pre-Legion?

Is Legion any good?

Cheers boys and gals.
    There is no best class.

Very difficult, you will be very overwhelmed and if you aren't geared from WOD the first level or two will be quite long.

Legion features the best launch content of any expansion by a wide margin, and also had a very expansive 7.1. But for a casual player, it likely isn't any different than any other expansion. All the major features require you to play the game a lot.

Legions 100-110 is very fun the first time, and can be extremely quick subsequent times with the 101 BOEs you can buy or acquire. They added a very cool feature in Legion allowing you to do any zone at any level, so you can experience them all at your own pace.

Demon Hunter is a very fast pace class in general. Havoc is subject to large swing nerfs but typically middle of the pack in single target and top tier in AOE. They feature multiple playstyles within the talent tree if you don't care about bleeding edge maximization which can include high movement as a point of DPS.
    Vengeance is similar in terms of multiple playstyles and is extremely active, featuring a short 2x charge active mitigation that is arguable the best of its kind as well as defensive reductions that also double as DPS cds - use them wisely!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Read the forums.

Same as always.

Is Legion any good?
    Read the forums.

Read the forums.

Read the forums.

It's all subjective. It's 5 vastly different topics, not suited for one post and one answer. It's all subjective. It's discussed ad nauseam in the forums. It's all subjective. Oh, and read the forums.

Deleted
    Something tells me all you do is
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Read the forums.

Something tells me all you do is
    When I have a question, yes. I first check the forums, then Google. That reduces the need to ask questions by about 99%, because they all have been answered many, many times before.

Deleted
    When I have a question, yes. I first check the forums, then Google. That reduces the need to ask questions by about 99%, because they all have been answered many, many times before.
    Lmao. It's a forum. People ask questions. I'd much rather get a general consensus from active/non-active players on here. Go about your day, b.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao. It's a forum. People ask questions. I'd much rather get a general consensus from active/non-active players on here. Go about your day, b.
    agree'd,

It's a fun expansion, imo the best up to date.
    Pick a class you enjoy because every class changed ... allot
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

A general consensus? Well, good luck on that

That's the point. You're not going to get any consensus. That's is why you should just read the discussions about Legion and all the other questions you have, already being conducted in many threads, so you can form your own opinion. Better yet, spend 13 bucks and try it for yourself.

I mean, what kind of question is 'Is Legion any good?'. From what perspective? Casual, hardcore, do you like raiding, dungeons, quests, artifacts, pet battles, AH PvP, PvP, what? And even then, everyone has a different answer. It's a useless question to ask.

Deleted

That's the point. You're not going to get any consensus. That's is why you should just read the discussions about Legion and all the other questions you have, already being conducted in many threads, so you can form your own opinion. Better yet, spend 13 bucks and try it for yourself.

I mean, what kind of question is 'Is Legion any good?'. From what perspective? Casual, hardcore, do you like raiding, dungeons, quests, artifacts, pet battles, AH PvP, PvP, what? And even then, everyone has a different answer. It's a useless question to ask.
    And this is a perfect example of a useless answer. There is nothing wrong with the question.

Deleted

Why are you trying to prove so hard you're right? I asked a few questions and you chastise me lol.

Thanks everyone else - will be resubbing later today. :>

Have you considered making a poll OP? One poll option for each class? It would be interesting to know the results.

Deleted
    Hi there guys!

I'll keep it short:

Not sure, every class can perform decent at least right now

Very easy, classes have been streamlined a lot and getting in them is probably easier than ever before!
    Is Legion any good?
    If u have enjoyed the last expansion, this is same stuff but better than wod by a mile
    On par with what it has been before, some really good quests and some not so good
    No idea
    Cheers boys and gals.
    answers on quote

Deleted

cant help someone out have to stroke your epeen cos you think your better than them, and read the forums as an answer yeah like sifting through the cesspool of Mmo-c is gonna be fun and i doubt you will find an exact similar question

Deleted
    Not sure if you SHOULD come back...

With that question, likelihood is high that you are one of these FOTM players that only wants to play the class with the l33test DPS, bla bla. There are quite some regular class redesigns happening at the moment, and it can well be that a high-DPS class now will be a medium-DPS tomorrow. Catch-up mechanics are there but it still requires quite some effort to re-roll (and it should).

My advice: Play the class you like, independent of its tuning. If that's not you, then save the 2-3 months fees after which you would quit again.

Is Legion any good?
    Easy as always. It's not difficult to ride a bike once you've learned how to do it. Even if it's a different bike.
    I Love legion, but it can be grindy if you want to min-max. If you play the way you want, without wanting to be THE BEST, then it's an absolutely amazing expansion.

Good. Some say that an overarching story is missing, but that's only because you can pick and chose which area you start in / go to.

It's a hero class. Has taken and will take the same roller coaster between OP and UP as the DK back in the days. Currently more on the OP side.

Deleted
    1)Legion got more content, than all the expansions combined.

2)Its the best xpac so far(according to surveys)etc. Personally, I agree. It's awesome.

3)What class you want to play? Be VERY careful with this. Unlike before, when you invest, you invest a whole lot of time and effort. Best way to decide what you want to play, is to youtube some classes(Preacher on youtube is doing very good job with that). All his class previews seems to work(this was before release), in terms of "feel" and "fun factor"(in the light of that people agrees mostly about the most fun and boring classes), and that is really impressive.

Yes, you should come back if you want to play the best MMO ever created(atleast as for expansions). No, you should not come back, if bad community is affecting you(it affects me, Im having hard time with casuals and stupid people).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-24 at 04:03 PM.

From my personal opinion, Legion is a big let down. Whats makes it worse then others is because Legion had so much potential that was just ruined with poor design, RNG and class pruning.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

play but just stick to one character otherwise you will feel huge burnout when making alts and feeling obligated to play them all and gear them up which right now takes a huge time investment (probably 6+hrs a day).

Pick something that can heal/tank/ and also DPS. At least 2/3 roles covered so you never are hungry for mythic+ ques. Tanking is pretty easy if you have the leader/hero personality. Otherwise healing if you want to just be silent and press buttons for loot (essentially you can heal up to +10 mythic with a healer without ever needing to say much but "hi", "r", "use defensives". If you're a good player)

Pally
    Druid
    Monk
    Shaman

demon hunters are good tanks too but kind of squishy in raids I heard but good for M+ if you manage your abilties. They are great melee dps too for M+

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there man, imho one of the best leveling class is feral druid. I now have 4 at 110 and other 2 chars around 105, feral druid was a blast.
    It's pretty easy to get back and in the next patch you will be able to catch up with arfifact powers as soon as you hit 110 (basically you can buy artifact knowledge with order resources to speed things up).
    Questing experience is quite good, especially the first time you do it. Now even random dungeons gives you a decent amount of xp when you complete them but of course it's still faster to doing them only when you have quests there and keep questing (don't forget the bonus objectives, those give you huge xp).
    Legion is good, my only complain is how they managed alts and pvp talents for alts but if you are are playing it fresh it will be great.
    My personal opinion: Demon Hunter tank = amazing, dps = so damn boring but it's just an opinion.

Enjoy!

also, nice Effy avatar. nostalgia got me right in the feels

Every class is QQing they got the short end of the stick.
    You didn't even specify do you want tank/healer/ranged/melee or for pvp/raiding/dungeons/soloplay?

There are catch ups but generally it's wise to start the expansion as it starts or you get behind in gear / experience / achievements / etc.

Is Legion any good?
    Paradise for casuals, lots of content and rewards raining from the sky. Nightmare for hardcores because of class balance rollercoaster, endless grind and RNG fiesta in gearing both in pve and pvp.

It's good.

Not as OP as people expected it to be. Nowhere near the levels of wotlk DK launch. I still heard QQ "DH popped meta and 1 shot me in arena" but that's the level of usual pvp QQ. They look cool, but I find their class design a bit bland (personal opinion ofc).