Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What is a legendary? That like a unicorn?

Maybe after all this time I will skip getting a shitty one.

This is the second time the "You don't have a clue about statistics" "LoL go take statistics 101" crowd has been wrong about legendaries. When will people stop blindly trusting blizz when the evidence is so clearly laid out infront of you.

Deleted
    To bored to read the whole black/white comments - what does this change mean - I'm getting more legendaries or I'm getting less?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but when is the amount we can have equipped gonna be increased as of the tim ebeing we can only wear 2 total.

Deleted
    Glad I abandoned this crap game (only here, checking regularly if they have come to their senses on randomness, so far it seems not!).

Quote Originally Posted by Nelie View Post
    Glad I abandoned this crap game (only here, checking regularly if they have come to their senses on randomness, so far it seems not!).
    Stop coming back please. We need less people who "don't play the game" posting here.

I don't really see why people are laughing off Blizzard over this. Did they outright deny such a system was in place or did they just never bother to share this information before now? If it's the latter, I don't see what the problem is. Besides the change they are implementing, what does knowing do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Still doesn't change the fact that legendaries are Utility vs DPS. I agree to that one post where the guy said that all legendaries should be utility to solve this giant issue.

This soft cap doesn't matter for me anyways, I got my legendary a month ago and still haven't recieved a second. I unfortunately got the worst one out of my legendaries, I didn't think this would make me want to quit but I am on the verge of quitting because I hate this system and how much Legendaries impact the game.

I want to go back where you may see one legendary per server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    all they said was that past 4 normal luck took place without buffs against bad luck.
    Aka a softcap.

In one sentence: it no longer matters how many you have stored or equipped you will not face long term draught periods since bad luck protection will always kick in.

I pity my bag space already
    Well it's more like

'it no longer matters how many you have stored or equipped you will not face long term draught periods since bad luck protection will always kick in though this change likely doesn't impact a single person that's posted in this thread so far contrary to what many posts here may imply. '

I remember when we had to farm raids for quest drop items then do another raid for more items but that felt "too grindy" according to Blizzard, so now we have to grind mythic+ and world quest chests and raids haHAA
    Nice meme.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I don't really see why people are laughing off Blizzard over this. Did they outright deny such a system was in place or did they just never bother to share this information before now? If it's the latter, I don't see what the problem is. Besides the change they are implementing, what does knowing do?
    They lied , they said nothing was preventing you from obtaining more.

Now if base drop is 1 in 10000 for a legendary eligible action and each action increases it like for 0.00001% . You will see legendary because of bad luck protection, everything you do (legendary eligible content) is increasing the chance.

They removed Bad luck protection after 4 , and denied there was good luck protection on multiple interviews, blue posts and others.
    So yes with legendary drop bug and now, twice they shot their own foot this expansion.
    This legendary system was a mess from the begin.

Deleted
    When was any mmo game not luck based and random? I remember trying to get my T2 head from Onyxia x32 weeks and that was far more game breaking than not having a legendary since I couldn't get my 8 piece bonus back then.
    Have no issues with that, i'm talking about WF/TF, and the huge amount of RNG on RNG on RNG on this expansion, the amount of rng is 4-5x that of previous expansions.

"Stop coming back please. We need less people who "don't play the game" posting here."
    This isn't WOW champion, try again.

Deleted
    If you log in tonight do 3 emissary caches and they unload 1 legendary each is there a cap? No. Only thing that prevents this from happening is RnG. If you believe RnG is a "cap" then you are basically questioning the entire game mechanic. Just because you don't win every time doesn't mean there is any cap preventing you
    Do you know the difference between hardcap and softcap?

This RNG system was plainly bad. I'm all for the RNG system awarding epics of mythic raid quality, it harkens back to the days of epic world drops that made you crap your pants in excitement. Legendaries that put you miles ahead of another player of the same skill and spec simply from having better luck than you is just bad design for a game like WoW. Works for ARPGs, sure. But this game? It's got to go.

And yes, I have a legendary by now. But my other raid healers don't yet despite playing equally as much, and it sucks.

Excuse me did you read the post or you just rushed in to insult everyone? At no point was it said there was a soft cap all they said was that past 4 normal luck took place without buffs against bad luck.

Normal luck means you can still win the lottery any time any place but your chance is not buffed.
    That is precisely what a 4 legendary softcap is. If you didn't get bad luck protection after the 4th, you are getting worse odds than other players, i.e. a softcap.

Deleted
    Hey guys, as the guy who tried to bring attention to this on MMO-Champion forums, got called a liar, had my thread closed and received some pretty funky whispers ingame.

I am so glad I was vindicated and proven correct. I am dissapointed it took Exorsus to repeat it to get any response.

With my luck, the soft cap feels like it's been set to 1 lol

Deleted
    If you log in tonight do 3 emissary caches and they unload 1 legendary each is there a cap? No. Only thing that prevents this from happening is RnG. If you believe RnG is a "cap" then you are basically questioning the entire game mechanic. Just because you don't win every time
    doesn't mean there is any cap preventing
    you
    Wtf man, even hazzikostas has called it softcap. It is a softcap if the base chance is very small and you need the bad luck protection buff to get a leg in a reasonable amount of time

Quote Originally Posted by vizuk View Post
    They lied , they said nothing was preventing you from obtaining more.

Now if base drop is 1 in 10000 for a legendary eligible action and each action increases it like for 0.00001% . You will see legendary because of bad luck protection, everything you do (legendary eligible content) is increasing the chance.

They removed Bad luck protection after 4 , and denied there was good luck protection on multiple interviews, blue posts and others.
    So yes with legendary drop bug and now, twice they shot their own foot this expansion.
    This legendary system was a mess from the begin.
    But they said nothing about good luck protection and regardless of the soft cap, you are still capable of obtaining more and several people have claimed to have more than 4 legendaries or know someone with more. To say "nothing was preventing you from obtaining more" is true. Nothing prevents you from obtaining more before and after this fix.

Again, I don't really see what the issue is. They decided that four was enough to turn off the additional loot bonus. They never shut the legendary valve off completely. Whether people approve or disapprove, I don't see where Blizz was being sneaky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.