Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is somewhat interesting, now that the soft cap is confirmed, at how rare legendaries were supposed to be.

Like the extreme rarity of getting that 5th legendary is basically the "base" drop rate without bad luck protection.

Yeesh, that would be even more awful than the current design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every chance at a legendary is frustrating/stressful, getting a legendary is a relief or a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I'm glad it's becoming more high profile. I definitely believe it exists.
    great job man, got a blue response out of blizz on this issue. Softcap does indeed exist.

LUL at all the naysayers and "rng is rng" crowd.

Now that bad luck protection is ongoing:

I think we are all over the "lore" and story significance of legendaries. Thy system is broken and terrible. I think Blizz needs to smooth this over and walk away from it so it's not xpac long.

1. Make a vendor you can trade legendaries to for a specific currency. Make that vendor sell all legendaries for 3 of that currency. With ongoing bad luck protection people will achieve the 2 they want much faster.

2. DO NOT increase the amount you can wear. Leave it at two. This system should not impact gameplay any more than it already has.

3. No more Ilvl increases. Leave them be.

Within a couple weeks all the people who grind for legendaries because they require them for their group will have achieved the ones they need. People who are heavy raiders but not high end competitive will get the ones they want over more time, but still within sight.

Yes, every person of a specific class will end up with the same two, but lets be honest at this point that is the goal so that certain players aren't just automatically better than others, time and effort aside.

Deleted
    But guuuuys, how can you say that there is a cap? There is literally no proof. Hurr durr

its gotta be so hard to be one of those "Rng is Rng" ppl at this point. Howmany times can a person be wrong lol

The data below gives only a rough estimation and there might be still errors too, and there's not enough data to confirm a specific "soft cap" after 4th legendary. BUT so far it clearly looks like every time a legendary is looted, the amount of effort needed to get the next legendary is DOUBLED. To make a simplified example, if you'd only run mythic+ and on average you get first legendary on 60th run, and the 2nd needs another 180 runs, then the 3rd needs another 360 runs, 4th needs another 720 runs, and 5th another 1440 runs or more (total 2760+):

This and more data at Legendary statistics thread.

Deleted
    To all the people who said I was wrong, rofl. If you couldn't see something was wrong you were blind.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague
    yes but its RNG, and unlike where we had the issue of seeing people more likley to get a second legendary then they should
    this is pretty obviously not a issue, as you seen to be cherry picking... i could take your same argument and make it "i see a soft cap of 7" because weeks ago we had a guy in our guild with 5 and he now has 7

rng is rng, and the more legendaries you get of corse its going to be harder
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor
    There is no soft cap.
    (this guy call also called me a liar in DH thread)

Etc etc.

Thank you to all those who supported me, and thank you to MMO-Champion moderators who CLOSED the thread regarding this. Censorship, censorship, censorship.

Long live http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...endary-Softcap

Yea gloating isn't pretty but so many people gave me shit about this, and I've been trying to get it as much visibility as possible.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2016-11-24 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    What if you don't get Awesome Trinket #1 from a boss after weeks of killing it?
    You can farm that boss over weeks to obtain that trinket in a selective manner. Legendaries are completely random.

Those trinkets are not such a large increase compared to how some legendaries are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    its gotta be so hard to be one of those "Rng is Rng" ppl at this point. Howmany times can a person be wrong lol
    Honestly I'm amazed that anyone is still giving the dev team ANY benefit of the doubt at this point. Just assume they're going to screw up and be pleasantly surprised when they manage not to, which is an increasingly rare occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    The best way to go about it in a perfect world would be to

1. Have legendaries for a certain spec balanced amongst them
    2. Have no incredible synergy between legendaries
    3. Keep to their balance promise of "We won't make specs OP or nerf them to the ground"

Since the above is pretty much impossible you end up either

1. Making all legendaries the same flavour of useless
    2. Pissing off a lot of people who don't pray to RNJesus daily
    3. Bringing in a system where you can swap legendaries with other legendaries of the same spec for a decent cost i.e. blood of sargeras, resources + random dungeon mats i.e. The tears of that one guy in that one dungeon who crid when Britney Spears sang that one song.

Kind of shit that they still want to keep going with the "Omg so random WOW Legendary awesome" system but one can hope.
    I prefer the scrap Legendary system all together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    In other words what he is saying is they buffed drop rate for people that didn't have a legendary and added diminishing returns on drops for the people that already had them. Makes sense reward the people that do nothing and punish those who worked hard. Speculation confirmed?
    I play 6 hours a day doing WQ and mythic+ when not raiding. I have 1 legendary which is my worst one.

Guild member has his top 3 legendaries. His alt has 2 legendaries which are his best, problem is that he just hit 110 on his alt a week ago.

So no hardwork is thrown out the door on this.

If you get lucky then you get lucky, if not then have fun being behind and feeling shitty about yourself.

I preferred the shitty ring over this crap.

Is anyone else neutral on this topic.

Honestly, for me I don't care either way if they keep it random or if they had a different system. I did get 1 Legendary which did take me almost 10 days played, but it didn't bother me.

I guess because I love to gamble in real life that this system doesn't bother me much, but if they changed it I wouldn't care either way.

Deleted
    I wish legendaries were boring and just super high ilvl rando drops you could get. Rather than the virtually mandatory stuff we got .

edited: I also wish I could spell stuf right the first time around
    Last edited by mmoc95e8ad1ea0; 2016-11-24 at 07:23 PM. Reason: s

Deleted
    Leg should just be utility and not performance enhancers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoltGuild View Post
    Leg should just be utility and not performance enhancers
    This idea gets alot of parroting but i dont think you actually want it. Remember WoD tier bonuses? How fucking retarded broken they could be? Only a few people complained about how.perfomancing enhancing they could be and i suspect it was because most of you guys raiding knew you would get it eventually. Really then what your complaining about is the distribution and thats fine. Put it on a vendor for a currency.

Deleted
    I feel like the chance on your first legendary is heavily increased compared to the rest. Now the softcap is removed, is like every legendary you loot the same chance as your first? Or is it bs that the chance on your first legendary is increased?

Or was the chance on your first as much as your second third and fourth?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    To all the people who said I was wrong, rofl. If you couldn't see something was wrong you were blind.

(this guy call also called me a liar in DH thread)

Etc etc.

Thank you to all those who supported me, and thank you to MMO-Champion moderators who CLOSED the thread regarding this. Censorship, censorship, censorship.

Long live http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...endary-Softcap

Yea gloating isn't pretty but so many people gave me shit about this, and I've been trying to get it as much visibility as possible.
    the thread was closed cause we allready have a thread about legendaries
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the thread was closed cause we allready have a thread about legendaries
    The thread really shouldn't have been closed, lets close all threads regarding trial of valor because there is already one......
    Check out my youtube channel for levelling guides, ancient mana farming spots, mage PoV guides and more!
    Aesthi - Ravencrest EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    The thread really shouldn't have been closed, lets close all threads regarding trial of valor because there is already one......
    there is a differance between threads, and megathreads, mega threads are for basic things that everyone can easily filter into, like legendaries, or classic servers, but thats up to OP's what they see worthy of being mega-threads, but if there is one, post in there, not a new thread
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is a differance between threads, and megathreads, mega threads are for basic things that everyone can easily filter into, like legendaries, or classic servers, but thats up to OP's what they see worthy of being mega-threads, but if there is one, post in there, not a new thread
    Still, it's must be slightly humbling for you what Watcher came out and said today?