Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If you log in tonight do 3 emissary caches and they unload 1 legendary each is there a cap? No. Only thing that prevents this from happening is RnG. If you believe RnG is a "cap" then you are basically questioning the entire game mechanic. Just because you don't win every time doesn't mean there is any cap preventing you
    I'd like to hear your definition of a "soft cap".

The old system was:

1st leg: base chance + cumulated chance from bad luck protection
    2nd leg: base chance + cumulated chance from bad luck protection
    3rd leg: base chance + cumulated chance from bad luck protection
    4th leg: base chance + cumulated chance from bad luck protection
    5th forwards: base chance

If there weren't ANY cap, the chance for EACH leg would be the same. Is it the same? No, after 4 the chance is different.
    Is there a hard cap on getting legs? No, you can get more than 4. Unlikely, but possible.
    Therefore, there is a soft cap. Your chance on getting the first 4 while playing is higher than getting the next 4.

To put it into one sentence:
    A hard cap on the bad luck protection resulted in a soft cap on the amount of legendaries that might drop within a timeframe.

Wow, I'm pretty surprised they actually had a softcap in place. I was getting annoyed at all the people saying there was a softcap because the odds of us proving it were so small. We needed a ton of data that we simply couldn't really ever get so it just sounded like another statistical headache. Now if only I could get my 3rd and 4th legendarys for this to matter to me...

If legendaries were not complete shit in the first place....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

so, exorsus they read the exorsus statement

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    you may want to read it properly first, you could earn more than 4 before it was just unlikely due to bad luck protection not helping after you got the 4th.
    That is what soft cap means. Thanks blizzard for wasting 4 weeks of my mythic runs hoping for legendary. Thanks a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    so, exorsus they read the exorsus statement
    It had been posted to Reddit AND Official Forums before I posted it here ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...endary-Softcap ). No reply.

Exploiters post a whine thread, instant reply (when you factor in getting PR approval for statement).

Disappointing.

At least we were all right, and "RNG is RNG" lost again, first with legendary bonus bug and now with softcap. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Deleted
    It's hilarious to read all the dumbasses whom last week were flaming people about this, now argueing semantics when even blizzard itself said they "removed the softcap". You can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Wow, I'm pretty surprised they actually had a softcap in place. I was getting annoyed at all the people saying there was a softcap because the odds of us proving it were so small. We needed a ton of data that we simply couldn't really ever get so it just sounded like another statistical headache. Now if only I could get my 3rd and 4th legendarys for this to matter to me...
    It's amazing, the playerbase is incredibly observant of trends, and surprisingly accurate as of late particularly with regards to legendaries. First with the people with 1 having a higher chance to get more early on in legion, now this. I'm gonna have to start listening to what people say about this when there's rumoured trends.

Okay, basically admitting that they're completely out of fucking touch with the actual players playing their game. Too bad they won't learn from this.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    It's amazing, the playerbase is incredibly observant of trends, and surprisingly accurate as of late particularly with regards to legendaries. First with the people with 1 having a higher chance to get more early on in legion, now this. I'm gonna have to start listening to what people say about this when there's rumoured trends.
    I'd say that trend was much easier to figure out than this. Going 500+ Mythic dungeons w/o a legendary if they're ~1/100+ dungeons isn't THAT crazy so we would need at least a 100 people or something huge to really be much more sure. That's an insane amount of time to put in. In the meantime, for the early legendary bug, we had many many people who got 2 right off the bat and almost no one with just 1. The odds of that being 'normal' were really low. Still though, this soft cap is yet another blow to this already super shit legendary system.

I think at this point the Legiondary system has managed to screw up in every way that is possible to screw up, discovering and inventing new ways of screwing up along the way.

I can't wait to find out in a few months what other unresolved issues are lurking in this awful, awful system.

Excuse me did you read the post or you just rushed in to insult everyone? At no point was it said there was a soft cap all they said was that past 4 normal luck took place without buffs against bad.
    I can't honestly face palm hard enough at this post.

Since some people are apparently too dense to understand the concept of a soft cap...how about instead we say that there was a cap on the bad luck protection system - it stopped functioning at 4 legendary items acquired and was changed a week ago so that it doesn't stop functioning, ever. Now do those people understand? Probably not...or they just like to argue for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Hey guys, as the guy who tried to bring attention to this on MMO-Champion forums, got called a liar, had my thread closed and received some pretty funky whispers ingame.

I am so glad I was vindicated and proven correct. I am dissapointed it took Exorsus to repeat it to get any response.
    I see you started a threat the 20/11. They said they removed the soft cap more then a week ago. So your thread was made when the cap was gone. Everyone that told you there was no softcap were right.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Just remove the damn things and make them utility only. This is what everyone wants I have no clue how this got through beta and how they are still being idiotic about this.

Deleted
    I really wonder how those people feel that already have 4 legendaries and played a shit ton on one and the same character over and over and wondered why they are not getting their 5th legendary :S

must feel bad man

Deleted
    The amount they straight up lied about this is what bothers me. Just be honest with us, let us know what we are putting ourselfs in for and let us decide if we want to opt out of it or not, dont just be vague and then at times straight up deceptive about it.

Deleted
    Thx Exorsus

I guess that's because of a soft cap in your reading comprehension skills.

LUCK is not a cap. If you log in tonight and get 10 legendaries you won't write comaint posts. You are not restricted from getting 10 tonight. Your rng is intact. Not having a buff isn't a cap.
    They literally used the words soft cap. The blues. Like the specific words. Exact ones. Not even spelled differently. And yet you say there was no soft cap.

Exactly how short is the bus you ride?

Deleted

You can play tons of times Ulduar and never get Mimiron's Head does this mean there is a soft cap?
    I don't know what that has to do with the matter at hand.