Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Again, one was still capable of getting a fifth legendary prior to this, correct? The only difference is that the drop rate wasn't increasing over time. I don't see the issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I like how everyone is offended by this when it had no affect on them whatsoever and was changed before it did.

This was a problem for a couple hundred of the biggest no lives in history who ran literally over a thousand mythic plus dungeons since 7.1 launched and no one else.
    People are frustrated because this directly contradicts how they told us that the system works-- they repeatedly stated the longer you went without finding a legendary*, the better your chances of getting one were. The fact that there's an exception to that rule is highly relevant.

It also means that they put in a system that even more harshly punished people who had the misfortune to get offspec/bad legendaries, and didn't tell anyone about it.

For some people, one of the things that they like most about games is being able to learn and understand a game's systems, then use to optimize their activity. This kind of secret mechanic specifically prevents them from doing it, and on top of that, they made statements about how the system worked that were misleading at best.

*In terms of "number of times that you could have potentially gotten one, but didn't". I know that it's not actually time based.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Again, one was still capable of getting a fifth legendary prior to this, correct? The only difference is that the drop rate wasn't increasing over time. I don't see the issue here.
    The issue is that the base chance of getting a legendary is vanishingly low, and realistically, most people only find them after the bad luck protection has built up quite a bit. This was an extremely harsh softcap-- and worse yet, it was undocumented.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromica View Post
    This is a nice change, but how about you get rid of the chance to get the same legendary twice. I was so excited the other day when orange popped up on my screen on to realize its the same terrible neck I was wearing. This was honestly one of the most depressing thing that has happened to me since I started playing at release.
    Put in a ticket. It's not supposed to happen, and there are reports of GMs issuing a replacement random legendary from the ones you do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    And that is different from having your BIS trinket drop again how?
    Having your BiS trinket drop again doesn't burn a bad luck protection mechanic that you've probably spent weeks building up. Yes, I know that bad luck protection (separately) applies to regular gear drops, but it builds up much more quickly, so you're losing probably a few days worth of progress, rather than potentially a month or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Finally blizzard admits legendaries were a failed system
    Only cause their demographic can't handle it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedblast View Post
    kek so many people in mmochamp wrong, delicious.
    As always....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    And that is different from having your BIS trinket drop again how?
    There should be zero chance of getting duplicates... Here take this orange loot you have been waiting weeks for only to have to destroy it because you can't even vendor them... who even designs this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelheim View Post
    The issue is that the base chance of getting a legendary is vanishingly low, and realistically, most people only find them after the bad luck protection has built up quite a bit. This was an extremely harsh softcap-- and worse yet, it was undocumented.
    Yes, but undocumented or not, it didn't deny anything Blizzard had said prior to now. Blizzard thought four was sufficient and an argument clearly exists for that not being a good decision, I'm not arguing that. I don't understand what difference it makes that Blizzard chose to not divulge four being the magic number. They chose four regardless so either way, people would be doing what they are doing now.

If you want to argue that removing the protection at four is bad, that's fine
    If you want to argue that Blizzard did something wrong by withholding that information, I don't really see it. They made that decision regardless of sharing it with the playerbase and they never lied about anything. People would be farming for a fifth, sixth, etc legendary regardless of whether they knew how hard it would be.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    So we removed that soft cap just over a week ago.
    It must be infuriating trying to post for a news site when you have so many people who very clearly can't read xD

Ty exorsus and "gj" bliz, still i dont believe there was a soft cap, most probably a hard cap and they can't admit because of the ppl with 4 legendary that kept farming for a 5th. And this "soft cap" being lifted is not solving the problem anyway, it's just a little better.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspelheim View Post
    Having your BiS trinket drop again doesn't burn a bad luck protection mechanic that you've probably spent weeks building up. Yes, I know that bad luck protection (separately) applies to regular gear drops, but it builds up much more quickly, so you're losing probably a few days worth of progress, rather than potentially a month or more.
    You have a better chance of getting your legendary then you did getting the BIS trinket in previous expansions. If the trinket was on a raid boss you got one try a week and had to hope no one else rolled for the item. A private group getting 3 chests per run would have 15 chances daily to get a legendary not counting daily heroic, caches, and raid runs on 3 difficulties. If bad luck protection builds based on activity then players are building it far faster then in other expansions. So why are we not getting our legendary if the odds stack so fast? Because RNG doesn't care about sub numbers or player outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephas View Post
    Ty exorsus and "gj" bliz, still i dont believe there was a soft cap, most probably a hard cap and they can't admit because of the ppl with 4 legendary that kept farming for a 5th. And this "soft cap" being lifted is not solving the problem anyway, it's just a little better.
    But people have more than four legendaries. Again, I see this mostly being bitterness and not actually conclusive of any wrongdoing by Blizzard besides four being a stupid number to stop at. They didn't lie about anything and people would be grinding legendaries regardless of having the knowledge that the increased drop rate shuts off after four or not. It's all RNG in the end. Someone will always complain as they will never be guaranteed a legendary no matter how many people eventually get theirs.
    Enjoy.

I would like to see this change to legendaries. Have legendary material that you turn in for a legendary. A lot of people know that feeling of getting a legendary only to find out that it is the useless neck Prydaz. Now you have to rely on "bad luck protection" to give you a legendary you actually want to use. Then OH! I got another legendary, but great I can't wear it because the stats are garbage(In case of rings and necks). For my Spriest, I wear an 845 neck with haste/crit because it is leaps and bounds better than Prydaz Mast/crit.

You Know what they should do the Prydaz, make it like the trinket from withered j'im. On jewelry in general just have them give all 4 secondary stats with lower numbers. Like 500-700 of each stat + a 10% hp shield instead of the 30% hp shield they are reworking it to have.

I still would rather have legendary material drop and when I have enough I can go to a vendor or craft it somehow. Like throw 10 legendary material in the Obliterum forge with an item and it crafts the one you want. Right now the Obliterum forge is nothing but a minor money making tool as crafted gear only goes to 855.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    That's all I'm saying: all they tell you is past 4 it's down to your own luck. You can still win the lottery unrestricted. There is no cap. A cap = wear just 2 or roll just 10 times. But you have virtually unlimited rolling chances to hit the jackpot. Just because you are unlucky doesn't mean someone restricted you. They just stopped helping you by tweaking numbers in your favor.
    Yes. Again, that is the definition of a softcap-- diminished returns past a certain point. The system that Watcher described fits this definition perfectly-- he himself even called it a softcap.

Words have meanings for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcaz View Post
    No, what I mean is what I mean. My post was directed towards those who claimed it was impossible to obtain a legendary if you already have 4, which there was no cap to. But there's really no need to discuss this, the information is all in the blue post.
    Almost no one ever claimed that. The thread someone started last week was talking about a soft cap, i.e. that your chances after 4 seemed to decrease dramatically compared to 0-4. Which is true. Virtually no one was saying it wasn't possible to get more than 4 because there are, in fact, some people with more than 4.

You're wrong. You just don't have the guts to admit it. Pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

RnG is RnG its not diminished returns. He called it softcap because they stop helping. Removing help is not capping your chances. You get 4 with help I get 4 everyone gets 4. Past 4 its once again RnG. Argue all you want the semantics and the meaning of words noone stops you from entering game tonight and winning 4 legendaries from 4 dungeons even. If they stopped you that would be a cap. But there is luck not cap.

Getting tired of explaining the obvious to people who are just stuck in words and their meaning. While you argue about softcaps heres a hard cap: You can have 100 legendaries and only 2 equipped each time. Learn to argue about the real problems.
    Holy fucking hell... READ THE BLUE POST where they call it removing the soft cap that they had due to bad luck protection dropping. If BLIZZARD calls it a soft cap, who the fuck are you to say it's not?

Getting tired of explaining the obvious to people who are just stuck in words and their meaning.
    You're the one engaging in semantics.

Players call it a soft cap.

Devs call it a soft cap.

You're the one trying to rules lawyer the reasons why it's not, even though it is. Just stop.

I remember when I made a post about the legendary drop rate been increased when 7.1 patch came live. There were so many nay-sayers trying to say that there's no proof of blizzard doing this and that I'm wrong. (guild gets 10 legendaries in 1 day compared to 1-2 a week).

You WERE wrong

Great. So you made a change that helped people who already have 4 legendaries get more? What about people who have played hundreds of hours and only have 1 shit one, or none at all.....

Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    I remember when I made a post about the legendary drop rate been increased when 7.1 patch came live. There were so many nay-sayers trying to say that there's no proof of blizzard doing this and that I'm wrong. (guild gets 10 legendaries in 1 day compared to 1-2 a week).

You WERE wrong
    Legion so far has been a series of people making bets with their personal credibility on "something is wrong and they're not telling us" vs. "everything is fine, you're just being paranoid."

So far "something is wrong" has won every single time. If there were money involved, the people betting on the devs at this point would be shirtless.

Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post

You WERE wrong
    They also said that the bad luck protection would increase so much that you would see legendaries dropping after a certain amount of time. Chances are your guild could have matched up on that average time where the bad luck protection got to the point where everyone started getting them.

If your guild was getting 10 legendaries every day it would be a different thing.

They probably increased it slightly but not by that much.