Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wall-to-wall PvE 'world-first' coverage would require hundreds of thousands of dollars, thousands of man hours, over several weeks. All for a minimal return on investment from the event organizers, more likely ending in a net loss.

It would also require imposing limits to make the event fair to guilds competing, but would also require the same limits imposed for those that are not.

Based on Exorsus' complaints, the event would look like this, just off the top of my head:

First 4 weeks are heavy media coverage and tracked with an official ladder from blizzard:

* All new raids must be launched world-wide at the exact same time. Lowest performing time zone gets preferential time of release IE: NA has 4 guilds clear top 50, but not in top 25. NA would get the preferential time of release on next raid tier release.

* Final raid bosses have a similar lock-out mechanic to Lich King - 10-20 wipes per week, after that you are locked from final boss until reset.

* Legendary item bonuses are temporarily disabled.

* Flex Raid ID is temporarily disabled in first 4 weeks - this is to stop multi-alt raids to funnel gear onto mains

* All registered guilds must stream raids from start to finish. Studying game footage has been an important tactic for all teams in all sports and is nothing new.

* Tighter, more controlled internal testing of encounters - guilds that get in on PTR sooner get more practice granting them an unfair advantage over others. This will also Blizzard to accurately tune numbers on bosses, and to find game-breaking bugs from being exploited.

* One Blizzard GM or official representative must be available for each registered guild.

Next 4 weeks are low media coverage but tracked with an official ladder from Blizzard:

* Final bosses have their lock-out mechanics removed

* Flex Raid ID is enabled

* Legendary item bonuses are enabled.

Event media coverage concludes once top 5 guilds clear content and rewards are distributed based on ladder results. Top guild receives unique tabards, mounts, pets, titles similar to Gladiator in Arenas, and cut off is top 50 to receive unique rewards.

This whole esport thing with scripted content is just silly. The competition between guilds for a good ranking is definitively there. Blizz isn't here to hold our hands in regards to how the community should behave on the PvE side of their game. And all those suggestions for a competition make no sense whatsoever. Someone mentioned the NFL in a comment. Last I heard, each team has a private system for communication during a game. Why would we have streams/voip available during the race. Finding the right strat can have a MAJOR impact on winning the race. The guild that has the best strat might lose the race for some unfortunate reason because another guild stole their idea.

On top of this, the game is old and stale compared to modern gaming, and people moved on. I highly doubt this would create a major influx of players (let alone world 1st quality player from that influx, ready to compete right away). What this will do is showcase even more the top guilds. Most won't magically find time to invest in the game just because they might have a tiny chance @ winning a prize. I just don't see PvE being lucrative for anyone (players, and blizzards + partners).

Plus, this ranking thing is a one time thing only with so many variables. You'd have to standardize stats/comps/gear, and you'd end up with the same issue. One race for the so called competition, another with the guilds that don't want to invest their time in that sponsored crap.
    Last edited by Exer; 2016-11-24 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    No it wasnt, my guildie had almmost all herbs on rank 3 and another one had 2 herbs on rank 3.

Also i think Exorsus is full of shit with their saying about this soft cap, imo they got rekt and now are "attacking the game" just to play some "victim's card".

Now you look at From Scratch and the other one i forgot the name, those 2 were 100% pro's on their statements.
    I guess Blizz's latest blue post shines light on your post. I am shocked to find out it was true aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I guess Blizz's latest blue post shines light on your post. I am shocked to find out it was true aswell.
    The blue post just says about the bad luck protection was limited to 4 legendaries, not that you would cap at 4 legendaries, just that after 4, the "helping hand" wouldnt protect you more, that's it.

And about the recipes, like i said, before 7.1, my guildie had almost all their herbs at rank 3 and another one got two herbs at rank 3 xD.

Since im a unlucky bastard, mines are still at rank 2, every single one of them xD.

The problem with high end raiding is the faults of those guilds not blizzard.

You can't put insane requirements on it anymore or it dies off. Not everyone wants to play 15+ hours a week and spending over half that farming mats. For lots of people wow is just a video game and they don't want to live and breath the dam thing.

Want to get more raiders to do high end content? Have part of your guild setup to do just low end and see who steps up. Open your guild up to the LFR,NM,HM raider and see if they want to step up at some point.

If all you do is fill your pool with Mythic Raiders then when they go you got nothing left. If those LFR,NM,HM raiders don't wish to step up in mythic then fine but don't kick him out cause of that.

Be more accepting,open and willen to teach new raiders.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-24 at 06:55 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

There's no hype for world firsts because a lot of it isn't even about skill. I'm not saying that skill isn't required, because of course it is, but the only thing separating world first guilds from top 100 guilds is the fact that they play an unhealthy amount of hours whenever content is released to get world first. You CANNOT get world first unless you play that much during progression. That's why there's less hype for it amongst a general audience, people don't care about who was able to play for 16 hours a day for 2 weeks, they care about who is the best. Actually, some people go further than not caring, a lot of people are outright turned off at the idea that people would play that much. It's hard for people to cheer for someone they're slightly disgusted by.

Blizzard dosen't support the PvE scene very well at all no.

And the people doing it are bad at doing it themselfs...Stream away, let other people copy...Who the fuck cares. Not that I watch twitch streams like ever but maybe AOE2, but Im sure other ppl would go for wipe 133...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    The blue post just says about the bad luck protection was limited to 4 legendaries, not that you would cap at 4 legendaries, just that after 4, the "helping hand" wouldnt protect you more, that's it.

And about the recipes, like i said, before 7.1, my guildie had almost all their herbs at rank 3 and another one got two herbs at rank 3 xD.

Since im a unlucky bastard, mines are still at rank 2, every single one of them xD.

It may be that the same system was used on everything and those at the start had a high chance to get more rank 3's at the start. Anyways its speculation. But it has been shown that they aren't above it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That statement comes of as pathetic. Blame everyone and everything else, take zero personal responsibility, and then ask to get paid. You're a cheater, Lance. Shut up and fuck off.

I'm not going to lie, I think they could have made a better case if they hadn't essentially said "Blizzard, we are always going to abuse. exploit, and cheat to the highest extent that we can, and are unapologetic about it because we want to win, but we should also get special treatment from you".
    That kind of thing would probably have to go both ways, if there was any official sponsorship they would have to tighten their code of conduct a little bit.

Well well... looks like 4 legendary cap was real. what the actual fuck blizz

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Why they exploited Helya Mythic and shouldn't be punished because guilds X and Y got away with stuff in past expansions.

If anything blizzard should remove the mythic races all together or restrict it so it shares lockout with normal//heroics so you cant multi alt farm heroics to boost a couple mains. all this unhealthy shit he whines about is really shit they created themself so he should look to fix his own problems before crying about how they are problems for them.

I think the only people who care about the world first race are the ones who are really actually trying to get it and streamers.

With the addition of all these warforged, titanforged and random chances at random legendaries completely removes the accomplishment factors for me. Cool that if you can do the raids at that level, but on a level playing field I'd more impressed.
    Last edited by Biggles Worth; 2016-11-24 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    thats probably because you are blind and for obvious reasons you have no such problems as top guilds have.
    Sucks to be them, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's still odd that they didn't ban the guilds that used these bugs in WoD though..
    Better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Sucks to be them, I guess.
    so edgy /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It was a cry. Nothing more.

Limit took it like men. Exorsus are looking to blame anyone or anything but themselves.

They abused an exploit. Everyone knows. They need to get over themselves.
    they are russians, and russians are always innocent and right. its in genetic to be in denial. and just they compared exploits to using game mechanics

The idea of turning "the big PVE race" into a watchable esport is completely laughable. It's completely stupid, a definite no go. Nobody would watch it.

The rest was pretty informative and interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    What I got from their statement/rant was a complete overestimation of their own importance, nothing more.
    most accurate assessment in this thread

Well..

At least Exorsus got Ion to make an official statement on the 4 Legendary softcap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Well well... looks like 4 legendary cap was real. what the actual fuck blizz
    Not much of a cap when all it did was turn off the bad luck protection at 4 legendaries.