help me understand Arcane mage rotation

I might be switching to arcane so while my guild is running H EN for gearing alts/offspecs, i figure this would be a good time to familiarize myself to it come 7.1.5. I might stay Fire but it wouldn't hurt having a second option.

If i'm reading the tooltips correctly, Mark of Aluneth and Nether Tempest doesn't really have any synergy like Combustion/Flame On during the burn phase?

Altered time has the rotation going at

Opener: AB to 4 stacks and somehow throw a NT in there at 1-3 stacks, why though? If NT is affected by Arcane Charges, shouldn't i be doing it at 4 stacks?

Burn Phase: MoA+RoP+AP and if I don't have AM, throw AB out (continously refresh NT on expiration), if AM is up, use it at 4 stacks. So AB to 4 stacks, if no AM, use AB -OR- AB to 4 stacks, if there's AM up, use it and then AB. All while refreshing NT and continue until 20%ish mana.

IF Touch of the Magi procs (luckily i invested enough AP into my Arcane relic), just spam AB until it wears off.

After all that, Evocation.

Conservation phase:

No AB at all, instead, refresh Quickening with NT or Supernova, AM/AE.

======

So during the opener and burn, i can use AB but conservation, i don't?

I'm a little confused, aside from AP+RoP+MoA for burn phase, there's no synergy? And with AP having a longer cd than MoA, i assume i save MoA for use with AP?

Deleted
    Quickening is gone for good. No point of trying to adapt to this gameplay. And if you dont have a proper mastery% (arround 50), its kinda pointless to try to play arcane

yea i figured as much, pumping AP into frost now as an alternative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    yea i figured as much, pumping AP into frost now as an alternative.
    It's not like Arcane will be worse than it is now just because Quickening is gone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnywalker View Post
    Quickening is gone for good. No point of trying to adapt to this gameplay. And if you dont have a proper mastery% (arround 50), its kinda pointless to try to play arcane
    You don't need high mastery to play Arcane.

My rotation is a bit different.

Rune of power and arcane power popped whenever they proc.

Then... in order of priority...

1. Mark of Aluneth
    2. Nether tempest
    3. Supernova
    4. AB
    5. Arcane missiles/barrage (when low on mana)
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

The PTR Arcane is a monster with the Overpowered talent.

Might be the "new" firemage, where firemages relied on combustion this new Arcane spec relies on Arcane Power (with Overpowered talent).