Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha good ole Laviolette

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    ahahahah fuckin kidding me with this shit. Hossa is allowed to stand ontop of our goalie and we can't challenge because we used our timeout. How do you call that a good goal when our goalie doesn't even have a chance to stop the puck because there is a god damn player standing BEHIND him fuck off!
    Agreed, that shouldn't have even needed a challenge. Had GG had the challenge, there's no way in fuck it would have stood as a goal as Hossa is clearly interfering with Johnson's ability to make that save. But wtf are ref's doing now, is goaltender interference only called on a challenge now?

Add it to the slash-gate surrounding Gaudreau and the refereeing has been suspect at best.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Surprised neither Emelin or Martin are being disciplined after the game Saturday night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegas Golden Knights. Such a mouthful. I kinda like the logo though.

Its ok, just not sold on the name.

Yeah, the name is just OK, but that logo is straight fire. Love it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll just be the Vegas Knights in like 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Vegas Golden Knights. Such a mouthful. I kinda like the logo though.

That logo feels very familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Go the same way the Ducks went. I think most people will just refer to them as the Knights as well.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Not as long as the London Knights consider to exist. And I'd say that in 7 years the London Knights will be making more money and still have a larger hockey fanbase than Las Vegas will. I just don't see the market working, not unless they can become a contender in 5 years or less. I don't like the name of the team or the logo personally, such a tacky name to be honest. Of all the things they could have chosen that associate themselves with a city, it's one that is stupid. I mean, you look at the classic logos and names of teams in North American sports, and a lot make sense.

All I know is that the expansion draft is going to screw over a lot of teams right now, especially those that are vying to be contenders for the Cup.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-11-23 at 09:08 PM.

That announcement ceremony/party was the most entertaining thing to watch lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are gonna be just awful looking at the projected roster. Good lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    They are gonna be just awful looking at the projected roster. Good lord.
    Like 13 wins Atlanta Thrashers bad.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why would the London Knights matter? There are multiple teams named the Cardinals in the US...

Because the London Knights of the OHL have more pull due to the myriad of high quality players they have drafted and developed over the years. They have money, they are the most successful junior hockey team by miles, hell they average better attendance than most sunbelt NHL teams with a smaller arena. They can get their way if they want to, just because American team owners aren't smart enough to come up with unique names is really their problem and the Cardinals example is the only one in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Because the London Knights of the OHL have more pull due to the myriad of high quality players they have drafted and developed over the years. They have money, they are the most successful junior hockey team by miles, hell they average better attendance than most sunbelt NHL teams with a smaller arena. They can get their way if they want to, just because American team owners aren't smart enough to come up with unique names is really their problem and the Cardinals example is the only one in existence.
    They have no say in what an NHL team owner wants to do. They aren't the only Knights that exist, and won't be the last. I mean we had the Nashville Knights minor league hockey team long before the Preds came around. Knights is such a generic name that they can't do a damn thing about it.

The Cardinals aren't the only example. You have the Dallas Cowboys and the Wyoming Cowboys, and I'm sure there are more. There are a ton of Raiders in the US as well and that's just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2016-11-24 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    They have no say in what an NHL team owner wants to do. They aren't the only Knights that exist, and won't be the last. I mean we had the Nashville Knights minor league hockey team long before the Preds came around. Knights is such a generic name that they can't do a damn thing about it.

The Cardinals aren't the only example. You have the Dallas Cowboys and the Wyoming Cowboys, and I'm sure there are more. There are a ton of Raiders in the US as well and that's just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    NHL and the CHL (WHL/OHL/QMJ) are so closely aligned though, it's the NHL's biggest feeder league for draftees pretty much since it was created. It's hard to say what might happen. Probably nothing, but you never know lol.

Golden Knights is just a terrible name though, fuck lol. Black Knights doesn't sound as bad now.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-11-24 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    NHL and the CHL (WHL/OHL/QMJ) are so closely aligned though, it's the NHL's biggest feeder league for draftees pretty much since it was created. It's hard to say what might happen. Probably nothing, but you never know lol.
    You really think the NHL is going to let a CHL team dictate what an NHL team does when it comes to marketing, naming and rights? No way in hell.

Look I know the CHL is tied at the hip with the NHL, but it is a junior level hockey market. Every single one of these players are going to move to the NHL if they have the talent no matter what the CHL thinks, believe, wants. The fact the NHL has bent over backwards to keep that system stable by doing things like not letting their draft picks get immediately moved to the AHL is pretty astounding tbh.

The NHL, like any professional sports league, does what it can to help it's feeder programs, but the minute a CHL team tries to overstep it's bounds when it comes to making money in the NHL they are going to get stomped on. People want to act like the CHL has power, they have no real power. The only reason they are still important is because the NHL has deemed them to be. The NHL pulls the plug on that deal and says " here is the best way to get to the NHL " the CHL would be shit out of luck. Everyone that wanted to play in the NHL would just go to whatever the new method was.

The London Knights may have a ton of pull in Canada and the CHL, but when push comes to shove, the NHL is going to tell them to sit down and shut up. The NHL is concerned about making another non-traditional market team succeed. If that means they need to rub the London Knights nose in it to do so, that's exactly what they will do.

I said "but you never know." Not that I really believe it'd result in anything beyond the London Knights maybe getting miffed. But people do some crazy shit, hence...never know

10+ Year Old Account
    The team name issue was because the owner of the London Knights would have taken them to court over the name. They currently have the largest market for that name in North America. It's trade marked and it wouldn't be something they would give up easily. A lot of the older teams in the CHL with shared NHL names/logos are able to do that because the NHL club allows it. Doesn't hurt the game at all in their eyes. New teams have gone a different route and have new names/logos. The reason the Jets got their name was because the NHL owned Arizona at the time and gave up the name rights to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The team name issue was because the owner of the London Knights would have taken them to court over the name. They currently have the largest market for that name in North America. It's trade marked and it wouldn't be something they would give up easily. A lot of the older teams in the CHL with shared NHL names/logos are able to do that because the NHL club allows it. Doesn't hurt the game at all in their eyes. New teams have gone a different route and have new names/logos. The reason the Jets got their name was because the NHL owned Arizona at the time and gave up the name rights to them.
    " London Knights" is trademarked, there is no way they could trademark " Knights" in the US. It's too generic of a term and too many other teams use it already. He could take them to court, but he would lose.