Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    its evidence to what?
    That something may have been going on with those machines. Hence why there should be a recount.

how about these statistics
    Obama getting over 99% of the vote in numerous voting precincts and 100% in many. what is that evidence of?
    That there was potentially something going on with those districts, which is why they investigated, and determined that it was a properly-counted vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Romney earned zero votes in some urban precincts
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/romney-e...ban-precincts/
    And, as I just said, this is based on deliberately misrepresenting the facts; http://www.politifact.com/pennsylvan...ial-election-/

They were voting divisions, not whole districts.
    And they legitimately got no votes in those divisions. That absolutely can happen. It's not proof of anything, and when they checked, they found it was accurate. No votes for Romney.

If people had been saying "IT'S TOTALLY FINE DON'T EVEN BOTHER CHECKING YOU FASCISTS" back then, I'd have condemned them too, but nobody said anything. Because checking questionable results is pretty standard practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason to be against a recount, which should solidify the results of Trump winning if Americans really did want him, is that people are scared of the outcome changing. Which means they're scared of Trump having fewer votes, which means they're scared of finding out that they're not actually more than a brash minority group.

If you're so sure that real Americans stood up and voted for Trump then you shouldn't have a problem with a recount.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The only reason to be against a recount, which should solidify the results of Trump winning if Americans really did want him, is that people are scared of the outcome changing. Which means they're scared of Trump having fewer votes, which means they're scared of finding out that they're not actually more than a brash minority group.

If you're so sure that real Americans stood up and voted for Trump then you shouldn't have a problem with a recount.
    As a Trumpeter, I don't have a problem with a recount. But it's also not mandatory, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That something may have been going on with those machines. Hence why there should be a recount.

That there was potentially something going on with those districts, which is why they investigated, and determined that it was a properly-counted vote.

- - - Updated - - -

And, as I just said, this is based on deliberately misrepresenting the facts; http://www.politifact.com/pennsylvan...ial-election-/

They were voting divisions, not whole districts.
    And they legitimately got no votes in those divisions. That absolutely can happen. It's not proof of anything, and when they checked, they found it was accurate. No votes for Romney.

If people had been saying "IT'S TOTALLY FINE DON'T EVEN BOTHER CHECKING YOU FASCISTS" back then, I'd have condemned them too, but nobody said anything. Because checking questionable results is pretty standard practice.
    yes it was investigated but no recount like you are suggesting needs to be done with much less of a conspicuous statistic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    As a Trumpeter, I don't have a problem with a recount. But it's also not mandatory, either.
    But you can also plainly see that you're in the minority with that opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes it was investigated but no recount like you are suggesting needs to be done with much less of a conspicuous statistic
    You're acting like looking into these counties is some huge unwarranted endeavour, and that's just untrue. Literally the only reason to avoid doing so is because you fear there were shenanigans there in Trump's favor.

If you think it's nothing, we'd just confirm it's nothing, and go on with our lives.
    If you think Clinton is behind voter tampering, then you should want the investigation.

There's no circumstance where this is bad for you unless Trump's representatives did something bad. Hell, I don't even think there's necessarily anything wrong. But it's odd, and it should be checked out. That should be completely bipartisan; I really don't understand how anyone not trying to conceal voter fraud would think otherwise.

But you can also plainly see that you're in the minority with that opinion.
    On this board, certainly. My suspicion is that there's a reason Clinton isn't contesting the vote, be it that she has respect for the institution of election (strikes me as unlikely, but this is the year of miracles) or that she's hiding something. I'm also of the opinion that a recount is essentially the continuance of babying an electorate that appears increasingly childish, and I personally wouldn't conduct the recount if I were in charge of it. But I get to pass that particular buck along, so sure, if the guy whose job it is to figure out if a recount is necessary, says that it's necessary, I'll go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    If I were Hillary I would accept the results also. I would understand that people simply don't want me, regardless of how much they need me, and move on to working behind the scenes again.

It doesn't have to be some gloomy scenario every time...
    You're right, it doesn't have to be a gloomy scenario. I think it probably is in this case, but I could be wrong! I'm bound by my biases, here, sure as shit. I have little evidence outside of "Hillary's done some scuzzy stuff in Haiti and she dropped the ball at State a few times. "

7+ Year Old Account
    What Trump did was incite a crisis of illegitimacy in government. In sociology, crises of illegitimacy is a huge subject and it's often how civil wars start. This isn't a crisis of legitimacy.
    that's because elements/persons within our government are illegitimate. criminals who thumb their noses at the rue of law and due process, they have for decades,

Trump did a good thing. He capitalized on it, brought it front and center and put it in the public's faces, despite the "mainstream media" shilling and covering up as hard as possible.

I doubt she will pursue anything because there is a high likelihood that the fraud was done by Dems and she knows this.

There's a reason she didn't even campaign, ads paid for by SuperPACs, all the MSM campaigning for her, and huge voter fraud. That's why she was so sick that she conceded. She realized the magnitude of support Trump had to overcome all the manipulation in addition to the % fraud the DNC typically is good for.

Accept the election, unless it doesn't go our way. That's the way of the Radical Left Alinskites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Accept the election, unless it doesn't go our way. That's the way of the Radical Left Alinskites.
    Or, you know, Trump. Who went on record saying exactly that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say there is a recount and it turns out there has been tampering in key states and Trump shouldn't have won. Where do you go from there? No one on Trumps side is going to accept it - given his penchant for conspiracy theories and the consequent normalisation of them, it'll all just be some "Liberal Media Stitch up".

Conversely no one is going to stay quiet on the other side and internationally it'll be seen as pretty damning. With Trump cosying up to autocrats who themselves have a habit of rigging elections in their favour America would be in a very odd position.

Or, you know, Trump. Who went on record saying exactly that.
    And then the Clintonites said that that's un-American...until it was them on the losing end of the election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    Let's say there is a recount and it turns out there has been tampering in key states and Trump shouldn't have won. Where do you go from there? No one on Trumps side is going to accept it - given his penchant for conspiracy theories and the consequent normalisation of them, it'll all just be some "Liberal Media Stitch up".

Conversely no one is going to stay quiet on the other side and internationally it'll be seen as pretty damning. With Trump cosying up to autocrats who themselves have a habit of rigging elections in their favour America would be in a very odd position.
    You can look at it from both ways. What if there's a recount and Clinton loses her popular vote mandate? The left won't take that well at all. There's no "winner" when it comes to a recount, and if you do a recount you might end up with a civil war. So would it be better or worse to just not have one?

10+ Year Old Account
    And then the Clintonites said that that's un-American...until it was them on the losing end of the election.
    It's un-American for a candidate to not accept the results of an election, yes. I don't see Hillary doing that.

Let's not pretend that there wouldn't be cries for recounts etc. from the public if she had won.

- - - Updated - - -

You can look at it from both ways. What if there's a recount and Clinton loses her popular vote mandate? The left won't take that well at all. There's no "winner" when it comes to a recount, and if you do a recount you might end up with a civil war. So would it be better or worse to just not have one?
    It doesn't matter who "likes" what, a recount is an objective recounting of the vote tally. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just a re-verification of the results.

It's un-American for a candidate to not accept the results of an election, yes. I don't see Hillary doing that.

Let's not pretend that there wouldn't be cries for recounts etc. from the public if she had won.
    I'd be more inclined to watch gun sale rates than public grumbling.

Deleted
    Different things are different things, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to recognise that.

Come back when Hillary says she won't accept the results of the election, or when you can say with a straight face that Trump wouldn't have demanded recounts if he'd lost.
    Why would I? She behaved properly so far after losing it. The 'left' pretty much rejected her after she lost by pretendintg she doesn't exist anymore there. Leftist SJW cultire is still there though with or without her. But I bet you're just one of those poeple from both sides that like to pull it to extremes, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Why would I? She behaved properly so far after losing it. The 'left' pretty much rejected her after she lost by pretendintg she doesn't exist anymore there. Leftist SJW cultire is still there though with or without her. But I bet you're just one of those poeple from both sides that like to pull it to extremes, right?
    The right would have been just as incensed if she had won, and Trump may have remained silent on the subject of a recount, though I doubt it. There's a big difference between the public getting mad and a candidate saying they might not accept the results of a democratic election, which is what Trump said.

I'm not any kind of person from either side, my location should tell you that. I think they were both shit candidates, and I think the US was fucked either way. I just also see a lot of hypocrisy coming from both camps of supporters, and I choose to comment on it.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-11-24 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    What Trump did was incite a crisis of illegitimacy in government. In sociology, crises of illegitimacy is a huge subject and it's often how civil wars start. This isn't a crisis of legitimacy.
    Assuming he was wrong. Now, after elections, left-side assumes he was right. Whatever happens now, what if it's for the right cause?

- - - Updated - - -

You're not even making sense anymore.
    *I* don't need to make any sense at all when I present *facts*, you can have a go at facts, not me. Even a monkey is right when it presents facts.

Let's say there is a recount and it turns out there has been tampering in key states and Trump shouldn't have won.
    No, the conclusion will be that Trump don't get the electoral votes, and thus he will not be elected president when the electoral college votes. So, not case of: Trump shouldn't have won -but a case of Trump didn't win.

Where do you go from there? No one on Trumps side is going to accept it - given his penchant for conspiracy theories and the consequent normalisation of them, it'll all just be some "Liberal Media Stitch up".
    Riots in the streets? It will be pretty bad - and Hillary will have a legitimacy issue based on that, a congress against her, and the e-mail and Benghazi circus will continue. But I don't see that as a reason not to do the recount.

Deleted
    There's a big difference between the public getting mad and a candidate saying they might not accept the results of a democratic election, which is what Trump said.
    Please explain how is it different. There are some reasons that I do know of, but I consider all of them belonging to 'beware-of-public-reaction' domain, which pretty much rejects rationality due to scare of the crowd.

Hillary would have to win all three states in question to win. They still need to raise 6-7 million for lawyer fees on top of the filing fees. So let's see if all three states are even contested. It's unlikely she will get one and certainly all three states to flip.