Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tyrathan Kort - a hidden human NPC at Vol'jin's funeral

This might be old news for some of you but I've heard about this guy for the first time today. Here's a video about him:

He also can be seen in Hunters Order Hall.

Do you think he will take part in some important events in Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I always knew that troll weakling was making human friends behind our backs ! That, or this dude just smelled something grilling and wanted a bite.

Deleted
    Oh my God! Nice find. This is the one from Shadow of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I always knew that troll weakling was making human friends behind our backs ! That, or this dude just smelled something grilling and wanted a bite.
    He was in the book Shadows of the Horde. Promised to make the arrow Vol'jin was gonna use to kill Garrosh but blizz doesn't seem to read their own stuff a lotta times.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not watched the video, but as mentioned, this is the human that Vol'jin befriended in the novel set in Shado-Pan Monastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    He was in the book Shadows of the Horde. Promised to make the arrow Vol'jin was gonna use to kill Garrosh but blizz doesn't seem to read their own stuff a lotta times.
    To be fair, lol'jin never had guts to come so close to garry that arrow would be usable, so it was kinda pointless. Oh well, then theory that we was traitor making human friends proved true.

To be fair, lol'jin never had guts to come so close to garry that arrow would be usable, so it was kinda pointless. Oh well, then theory that we was traitor making human friends proved true.
    To be fair to what. And he has been close enough quite a few times, iirc.

We're all making human friends now, unless you're a Shaman or DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    To be fair to what. And he has been close enough quite a few times, iirc.

We're all making human friends now, unless you're a Shaman or DH.
    Or druid who aint touching that human filth.

He's in the Hunter order hall too. I'm glad they remembered he exists, he was pretty cool in Shadows of the Horde.

Shadows of the Horde, for those who haven't read it, was a phenomenal book about what it means to be Horde and to be a Troll. It looks at the origins of the Trolls and Shadow Hunters, and absolutely made me fall in love with Vol'jin.

Vol'jin treats Khort with utter contempt until he demonstrates that he is worth anything and then he treats him with the respect and civility he earns. Then Khort proves himself a masterful tactician and archer, and so, Vol'jin treats him with the respect fitting a rival or exceptional enemy combatants. Finally, Khort proves himself a dutiful brother-in-arms and blood-sworn comrade and Vol'jin treats him as a brother, going as far as to seek embargo on his very life from Bwonsamdi.

What's interesting is that Khort literally owes his life to Vol'jin, in that he was briefly dead and Vol'jin requested Bwonsami return him to the living on the merit that he had served Bwonsamdi so well as an assassin and would help Vol'jin again "when he needed it". We presumed that would be against Garrosh, he certainly stated as much, but perhaps it's time for Khort and Chen to go on a road trip to hell (or the Shadowlands) itself to return that very favour.

Deleted
    All these alliance fuckbois are jealous because they dont have a caring Troll friend.

On topic.
    Yeah I'd like to see blizzard to remember their lore sometimes.Tyrathan cant avenge Voljin now since demon pleb is dead and Gul'dan will probably die *wink wink*

10+ Year Old Account
    It must be hard being one of the mongrel races

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It must be hard being one of the mongrel races
    I think Worgen technically count as humans in some form.

So do Undead, I probably

(Mongrel races are the more interesting ones)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    He's in the Hunter order hall too. I'm glad they remembered he exists, he was pretty cool in Shadows of the Horde.
    He's probably one of the best written human characters Warcraft had to offer in recent times, which is shocking if we consider that he was little more than a plot device to make Shadows of the Horde a bit less "Horde" than "Shadows" (one the very author of the book came out with by his own, so we don't even have Blizzard to thank for that).

All of this said, I'm laughing my ass off since I never noticed that motherfucker hidden down there. WoW's graphics make it even more /kek-worthy material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Aside from the time he spit at Garrosh's feet before leaving Orgrimmar, right?

Pretty cool of them to actually include this though, I thought the guy was completely forgotten about, since I haven't touched my hunter yet this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah, found him ages back. Guess he's on the hunt for some random felguard, eh? Shouldn't be too hard to kill a simple, pathetic, weakling legion footsoldier. Unless you're a dipshit like Vol'jin was of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pretty cool of them to actually include this though, I thought the guy was completely forgotten about, since I haven't touched my hunter yet this expansion.
    You sure he wasn't just salivating ? "Im going ! Im taking my toys and going and you will see !"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yeah, found him ages back. Guess he's on the hunt for some random felguard, eh? Shouldn't be too hard to kill a simple, pathetic, weakling legion footsoldier. Unless you're a dipshit like Vol'jin was of course.
    This is a premise for great "he-man" esque series. Random guy vs felguard no. 9205321. The plot twist in the end would be that he got the wrong number.

He's been there since the pre-patch for Legion and suddenly it's "OMG there's a human there"

Human friends aside, he has been traitor since before Cata and should have been quartered if it wasn't for Blizzard's incompetent writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Which is when he made the threat about the arrow. Given how said threat rested on the hypothetical of Garrosh becoming despised by the Horde one day, which suggests the condition has not been met at the time it was made, the day Vol'jin spit at Garrosh's feet is out of the scope here.

Then again he was in short distance to Garrosh after that, like Krasarang when he appointed himself to be solo supervisory board of the Horde. But that and other instances when he was within shooting range included other people being around Garrosh and Vol'jin lacked the balls to make good on his promise with witnesses around, or someone attempting to avenge Garrosh's death.

Given how Vol'jin considered demolishing Lordaeron's walls when the path was already cleared a logical way to regain control of Undercity and that he managed to get backstabbed from the front twice, he'd most likely miss anyway being the utter failure that he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    All of this said, I'm laughing my ass off since I never noticed that motherfucker hidden down there. WoW's graphics make it even more /kek-worthy material.
    The way he's peeking out of these hills makes me think of a marmot.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-26 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Dang, I can't believe I missed him lol. I looked around pretty hard at the pyre to see who was sneaked in, but that's what I get for staying on foot. I was kinda wondering how he knew about it at the class hall, and now I know. I do hope they follow through and give him something to do.