Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    the bolded part is important.
    and again, a 1k+ sample size is decent even when doing a study with a population of 1kkk

on lets put it this way Quinnipiac had Clinton polled as willing the election.....

so ya maybe they need to rethink the sample size or who they are polling...
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-11-25 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Stopping supply at source seems far easier. Patrolling a border is simpler than tracking them once they are in the country and determining which companies are breaking the law.
    I wouldn't call patrolling a border simple, even if it weren't for the fact that at least 40% of illegal immigrants didn't cross the border in the first place.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ants-come-air/

And if you can't regulate companies in your own country, I can't see you having much luck regulating... well, anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Obviously the illegals we let in our country voted for Hillary. Geez!
    A fair amount did.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Polls hahaha, the same polls that showed Hillary at 75% chance of winning. Give me a break, nobody wants illegal immigrants. The law is law, if you want to get citizenship come legally, all illegals will be deported.
    The polls never gave her more than a 10% lead and it was down to 1% by election time. The "75%" type statistics were extrapolations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    on lets put it this way Quinnipiac had Clinton polled as willing the election.....

so ya maybe they need to rethink the sample size or who they are polling...
    well, hillary did win the popular vote, by a margin that was predicted tho
    but i get it
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wouldn't call patrolling a border simple, even if it weren't for the fact that at least 40% of illegal immigrants didn't cross the border in the first place.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...ants-come-air/

And if you can't regulate companies in your own country, I can't see you having much luck regulating... well, anything.
    I am sure that if the US had stopped those 60% of illegal immigrants who did cross the border, then Trump wouldn't have been able to use it so effectively. It is hardly an insignificant percentage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I don't understand the mentality of people that want Illegal Immigrants to not be deported. They clog the system for ACTUAL immigrants that do it Legally and cost the country millions every year.

Literally every Western Country has strict immigration laws, but the bleeding heart Morons of America just want to throw the gates open and disregard laws that were put in place for a reason.

If you live in a Country with immigration laws and want to allow Illegals to bypass them, you are nothing but a moron.
    No the actuality of the situation is that us centrists do want border control, are fine with deportations with a few exceptions, and realize our economy relies on them far more than the right wing cares to admit.

The "bleeding hearts" you mention wanting to throw open the gates are the Green Party psychos. They also want reparations for slavery and think vaccines cause autism though... So their opinion on anything is worth just about as much as a pile of dog shit.

But most Democrats are perfectly fine with border security.

And most are perfectly fine with deportations, especially of criminals (criminal criminals, not "amg they are here illegally, automatic criminal!").

The few exceptions that Democrats are not ok with deporting are:
    - People brought here illegally as kids who spent literally their entire lives here and are teens/adults now.
    - People that have been here a long ass time.
    - Deportations that brake up families, especially if the kid is born here.
    - People who have settled down, working, in most cases even paying taxes, etc... Leading an ordinary otherwise crime free life, albeit here illegally.

Deport criminals? Absolutely.
    Deport people caught crossing? Absolutely.

Otherwise no.

What the crazed right wingers and Trump never seem to be able to explain is how they are going to deport all these people... Are you going to go around and stop every brown person and force them to prove their legal residence? Yeah that will go over well with the courts. Speaking of courts... How are you going to give the due process required by law, whether citizen or otherwise, to the twelve million people you want to deport? Our courts are already backed up months, longer in some cities..........

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    well, hillary did win the popular vote, by a margin that was predicted tho
    but i get it
    kinda glad I dug into them, some of their stuff was interestingly off like NC calling it for Clinton NORTH CAROLINA: Clinton 47 - Trump 44, Johnson 3 but the results being
    Trump
    50.5%
    Clinton
    46.7%
    Johnson
    2.8%

to their credit they were close on Johnson lol...

the math may be sound (I'm not sold on it) for the sample size to work (not sure I believe it can be math out as good right now, too many people would lie to sounds PC) but maybe in their case the polling methods are just bad, so 1000 is too small for them.

*to win in the US you have (and have always had to) win the EC so the popular vote is somewhat useless really unless the results are lopsided in one direction really far.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-11-25 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I voted for Hillary but I still want the illegals out. Illegal is illegal. They don't pay taxes, they don't have car insurance, and they're a drain to the system. They can always become legal citizens like everyone else. The only people that want them are companies who like to pay them slave wages.
    Instead of wasting money and effort in deportation, why not just grant them citizenship? BOOM! They pay taxes and no longer become an economic drain. The main difference between an illegal and legal citizen is the paperwork. Being a South Florida resident, I have witnessed many hispanic immigrants that prove how inefficient out citizenship process is.

Or spend the effort and money in tracking illegals, find out what their country of origin is (not always Mexico), transporting them to their country, and repeat the same process after they cross the border again. I've got my own idea on which is more cost effective.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Instead of wasting money and effort in deportation, why not just grant them citizenship? BOOM! They pay taxes and no longer become an economic drain. The main difference between an illegal and legal citizen is the paperwork. Being a South Florida resident, I have witnessed many hispanic immigrants that prove how inefficient out citizenship process is.

Or spend the effort and money in tracking illegals, find out what their country of origin is (not always Mexico), transporting them to their country, and repeat the same process after they cross the border again. I've got my own idea on which is more cost effective.
    I may be wrong but I think some people worry is not about the current group, but what about the next batch and the batch after that, once others see what's possible it could open a flood gate (just guessing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Instead of wasting money and effort in maintaining law and order, why not just break the law?
    The less money you spend, the less humane it becomes dealing with illegals.

Are you ready for that consequence?
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I'm sick and tired of people constantly shitting on and shaming America for enforcing its own immigration laws and acting like Americans who want to make sure the law is enforced are a bunch of racists. Look, I don't give a flying fuck who you are or what your nationality is - if you want to immigrate here, do it legally. Don't just sneak in, couch crash, refuse to obey the law, and demand that Congress waves a magic wand and bestows citizenship on you. That's not fucking cool and it doesn't work anywhere else in the world.

Every other country in the world vigorously enforces their own immigration laws and proactively deports anyone not entering the country legally - and they should. But when the United States does it, everyone acts like we're a bunch of fucking racists who hate brown people. You know what? If you're one of those who really thinks that, go fuck yourself on a rusty pole. If you want to come here legally, awesome! Come on in! I'll even go one further and admit that the procedures for immigrating should be made simpler and easier. But the law needs to be fucking enforced. Canada has some pretty strict and draconian immigration rules and procedures and do they get shit for it? No, but we do. Fucking hypocrites, the lot of them.

In speaking of hypocrites, you know who pisses me the fuck off? Mexico. They militantly enforce their southern border while pretending their northern border doesn't exist. They do everything they can to keep out South Americans while acting like it's their right to just waltz into the United States whenever they want and stay there without even bothering with so much as a green card. Fuck those hypocritical assholes; Mexico with its arrogant, hypocritical, two-faced stance on immigration is exactly why I am all for militantly finding and deporting illegal immigrants. Let them come back in legally.
    I second this motion!

Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    most Americans didn't vote for Trump, so..

Most eligible to vote Americans chose not vote, so most Americans didn't vote for Hilary either.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    The less money you spend, the less humane it becomes dealing with illegals.

Are you ready for that consequence?
    When did it become illegal to grant citizenship? And what consequence would come if we were to process the residing illegals? Overpopulation?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, your examples were picked to suit your argument and are only representative of two scenarios, to make it more obvious...

This only works as an argument if the companies affected are making significant profits, if they are not then they wouldn't be able to swallow the increase easily and would have to pass it onto their customers.

The same is true here. Your example only works if the farm is not making significant profits, as one that does would be able to swallow the additional costs more easily.

You are assuming 'small farmer versus large corporation', i.e. you have a stereotyped image of businesses that would be affected and based your arguments on those stereotypes, but that is not reality.
    You've stated how you think these things are unilateral problems, but not how they'd be assuaged in any way. You're basically deflecting your own argument.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

im not really worried about immigrants im more worried about lowering rent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You've stated how you think these things are unilateral problems, but not how they'd be assuaged in any way. You're basically deflecting your own argument.
    You are arguing from a political viewpoint on two issues, it means you are limited to trying to support minimum wage on the one hand and supporting illegal immigrants on the other, even though your two positions clearly contradict each other, as I showed.

I have no such issue, as I am not bothered either way by minimum wage and therefore do not need to support or defend it, so it can't be used to contradict with my position on illegal immigration.

I am not deflecting my own argument, just pointing out the errors in yours - you brought up the same argument used against minimum wage in post #149 and it is a shit argument, as you well know.

My position stays the same, get rid of illegal immigration and supplant any shortfall in labour demand with legal immigration. There is no solid case for accepting illegal immigration.

There is no solid case for accepting illegal immigration.
    There's only one case period and, yes, its not solid at all.

Democrat leadership likes illegal immigration to remain a problem because whenever somebody comments on the thefts, the assaults, the thefts, the murders, the rapes, the child rapes, and/or the consumption of resources, the Left gets to launch into "everybody's a racist" mode which benefits the Left in general.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Is this poll any good? all those pre-election polls from these people were garbage, I wonder if they got their shit together.

- - - Updated - - -

My position stays the same, get rid of illegal immigration and supplant any shortfall in labour demand with legal immigration. There is no solid case for accepting illegal immigration.
    The only case for being pro illegal immigration is totally based on emotional appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Is this poll any good? all those pre-election polls from these people were garbage, I wonder if they got their shit together.
    Polls have actually held up pretty decently. They by and large predicted a narrow Clinton popular vote win and a fairly likely chance of a Trump College victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    The only case for being pro illegal immigration is totally based on emotional appeal.
    Everything can be claimed as an emotional appeal when you don't agree with the motive.