Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Started pokemon moon. I have to say; loving the game, the atmosphere, the setting and how they handled it graphically. XY was a failure in my opinion and I was afraid this would be too.

That said, so far I find the game to be spectacularly easy, though, everything is, when you grind 15 Abra before finding a decent one and you outlevel other trainers by 15 to 10. Grimer is actually my main Pokemon right now. It seems to be a decent allrounder and I got the poison healing item from one of them, so unless he's hit by a truck, he actually heals a significant amount of dmg during the fight, making him extremely robust. Not to mention I'm almost going full tank, with Munch, Slow and Litten.
    Grimer is one of those pokemon I hate fighting.
    The poison. The decent defence. Just feels like I have to do about 100 tackles to down it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Grimer is one of those pokemon I hate fighting.
    The poison. The decent defence. Just feels like I have to do about 100 tackles to down it.
    Helps that Grimer and Muk were some of the Pokemon on the receiving end of stat buffs. Later on he gets more annoying due to access to Toxic, Minimize/Acid Armor. Fabtrio still has the same speed but 125 attack instead of 95. Basically any of the Alola Form Pokemon got noticeable stat buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Helps that Grimer and Muk were some of the Pokemon on the receiving end of stat buffs. Later on he gets more annoying due to access to Toxic, Minimize/Acid Armor. Fabtrio still has the same speed but 125 attack instead of 95. Basically any of the Alola Form Pokemon got noticeable stat buffs.
    No, Alolan Form have the same total Base stats, they just make some switches for some of them (A-Ninetales loses 9 Atk but gains 9 Speed for exemple).
    Muk and A-Muk have the same stats.
    Dugtrio was buff for Sun/Moon with its attack going from 80 to 100, A-Dugtrio just switch 10 speed to 10 def from this buffed Dugtrio.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense. Diglett lost speed when it became steel.

Fun game but not a fan of the crap ton of cutscenes the game bombards at you. Maybe its like just that in the first 10 hours but it feels like I'm watching more cutscenes than I'm playing which I'm not a fan of in my Pokemon games. Team Skull is awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That makes sense. Diglett lost speed when it became steel.
    It's sad that it's new ability is pretty garbage for a pokemon with no bulk. It's basically just to set up revenge kills
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Team Skull is awesome though.
    I feel like you are almost the only person on the planet who thinks that. I find them extremely annoying and more or less filler for the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    This is definitely the hardest Pokemon game i have played so far.

I already got wiped out on the strongest kid on the pokemon school with a Grimer. At the begining LoL!

On the other hand this time you are a very rich kid. I bought 50 potions the first time i went to a shop.
    I'm not really understanding the problems people seem to be having with this game. I've been roflstomping every encounter I come across, including the trials and totem Pokémon (example: I steamrolled through the entire second island without a single one of my Pokémon fainting or ever coming close to fainting.....yet I keep hearing people getting their asses handed to them on the second island). I guess I can understand it being difficult if people are purposely gimping themselves very severely in some way, but if they're not, then what's the problem? It's just like any other Pokémon game....grind a bit, over level everything, and profit.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-11-25 at 02:11 AM.

Definitely the hardest main series Pokemon game to date. I had lots of near wipes mostly on the totems and their annoying SOS calls the ghost totem in particular. The fight when Hau first got A-Raichu almost did me in as well. A-Raichu is evil. The final battle tho i actually lost the first go around. I was pretty taken aback, damn stealth rock whirlwind combo. I reloaded and beat it by the skin of my teeth, Granted my team wasn't the most balanced. I had Tsareena Muk Mudsdale Araquanid Wishiwashi and Primarina.

Also i never ended up over leveled even with EXP share on, especially at the end when my team was even with the final bosses. I walked through every grass patch and fought every trainer. Tho if you are grinding a specific poke or doing it multiple times i can see how you might get ahead.

Now i just need to finish my dex so i can upload it and start over with shiny charm.

10/10 would poke again.

Deleted
    WTB a less tedious way to evolve my Pichu for the love of god. And I also wish Spinda was a bit stronger because I caught one with a spot pattern that's ridiculously symmetrical as far things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    WTB a less tedious way to evolve my Pichu for the love of god. And I also wish Spinda was a bit stronger because I caught one with a spot pattern that's ridiculously symmetrical as far things go.
    Fight a wild pichu I until it calls for help from a Pikachu :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I feel like you are almost the only person on the planet who thinks that. I find them extremely annoying and more or less filler for the story.
    I think Team Skull is the best Team so far honestly. Most are just bland and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Apparently if you keep reteaching Pichu TMs it raises the affection, but it takes like 5-10 minutes of doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Fight a wild pichu I until it calls for help from a Pikachu :P
    I tried this with Magikarp and gave up after about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Definitely not the only one They're an awesome parody team

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I tried this with Magikarp and gave up after about an hour.
    Still more engaging than grinding friendship!

Came on here to see if people hated the "call for help" thing as much as i do and I Find out it may be required to catch certain pokemon. Today is a sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Came on here to see if people hated the "call for help" thing as much as i do and I Find out it may be required to catch certain pokemon. Today is a sad day.
    Meh i don't mind them tbh they help break up the monotony of grass running.Besides they needed it for the totem fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Meh i don't mind them tbh they help break up the monotony of grass running.Besides they needed it for the totem fights.
    I just had a fight that upon reaching 1 hp a tentacool called for help 6 times in a row after i killed the help. It makes catching pokemon alot more work than it needs to be sometimes.

Serebiis page on sos battles has this to say

S.O.S. Battles can happen in any battle, but due to the Effort Point element and Shiny Pokémon element, you may wish to force it to carry on. There are many ways to make S.O.S. Battles more likely. The first is to simply keep the Pokémon at a low amount of health. A move such as a False Swipe will work for this. Here, the Pokémon has a higher chance of calling for help. It won't call for help if it currently has assistance.

Seems the old false swipe method causes more call for helps. It probably quicker to use a sleeper and nest balls now.

I've been using Snorlax to Hold Back anything i want to catch but that has caused armies of "help" to descend upon me.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think Team Skull is the best Team so far honestly. Most are just bland and boring.
    Team Skull's basically a bunch of try-hards, and most of the in-game characters know it, which is what makes them great. They're basically a laughing stock, unlike melodramatic previous teams.