Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    starting to become immensely frustrated at how shit our dps is without fracture

it's seriously our only saving grace, but damn it's so depressing whenever we actually need FtD...
    I've not bumped into content where I felt the need to run FtD yet tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    starting to become immensely frustrated at how shit our dps is without fracture (not that it's particularly good with it either, but damn..)
    Ya its pretty funny when my 875 bear with 30 traits lost to my dh by 5k dps to my 34 trait 885 dh on M guarm took 25m less dmg and did only like 5m less healing than my bear. So silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, what's the legendary ranking for 7.1.5? Considering the Prydaz buff I'm guessing it'll be the top?

Prydaz is still shit for hard content, as you have no control over it's proc timing and it has no mainstat (wearing a legendary jewelry without agility is kinda dumb unless it's effect it op, which is not the case for Prydaz).
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    I've not bumped into content where I felt the need to run FtD yet tbh.
    We're going to use our bear to solo tank Guarm anyway but if they were using me I'd feel extremely pressured to take it.

I'd probably run soul rending since that will cover 60 seconds of the fight with the 50% leech, and we'll be dealing more st damage than usually from the paingain alone.

Edit: TL;DR; the choice is pretty much 3 Demon Spikes charges vs 60 (2x Meta, LR & 3x FP proc) seconds of 50% leech.
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-11-25 at 09:40 AM.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Prydaz is still shit for hard content, as you have no control over it's proc timing and it has no mainstat (wearing a legendary jewelry without agility is kinda dumb unless it's effect it op, which is not the case for Prydaz).
    So what Legendaries are on top then?

I dont think prydaz is bad at all but probably also not the best.

Id probably rate the New Tank trinket on top as its controlled defense which you can layer with Meta.

As second Id probably say either the reworked shoulders as they give you Empowered wards back +1 charge of spikes or the cloak for targeted Magic dmg.

After those Id say Prydaz/Demonspike ring/New gloves/boots as overall hps/mitigation per preference or situation are on one tier and usually better then nothing.
    (especially considering high mythic)

Personally I think there is only one real bad legendary for Vengeance and thats the Wrists and probably Sephuz when it comes to raiding. Sephuz has atleast uses
    in Mythic + but the wrist cooldown reduction seems just worthless considering you have 4 sigils and the Cooldown reduction is spread over all 4 of them IF
    you actually make generous use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Bracers are mainly just a dps increase, but less than the belt. You ideally want Cloak > anything for raiding though. Second legendary is kinda up in the air tbh. New one could be quite good, but so can the Leech ring with T19.
    I like them on Ilgynoth, so I can SoC more adds. But outside of that one fight - yeah, mostly dps increase,

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Darkmoon for everything
    Jawbone for M+
    Goblet for Raid
    Fair warning about Goblet on Helya: The little slimes get trapped in the water in front of her, so it's probably better to use a different trinket there.

As for tanking in general this expansion, I'm enjoying myself but it's getting a bit silly how many times they've said, "we're going to change tanking/healing so tanks aren't getting globaled" and yet that's still the case. They've been reworking the model since Cata, but it's the same every time. It generally ends up working out, but it would be a lot better if they just planned it this way to begin with and built from there.

Felblade baseline with Fracture moved to Felblade's old spot on the 102 row would be awesome, they could even keep crappy ass Nether Bond on the 110 row and put Demonic Infusion on the 104 row to compete with Soul Rending and FTD

Instead lets just get another nerf to Agonizing Flames

Quote Originally Posted by Arthrix View Post
    Felblade baseline with Fracture moved to Felblade's old spot on the 102 row would be awesome, they could even keep crappy ass Nether Bond on the 110 row and put Demonic Infusion on the 104 row to compete with Soul Rending and FTD

Instead lets just get another nerf to Agonizing Flames
    Felblade does not need to be baseline and benefits nothing. Hell, that row might be the most balanced one in the entire tree. Leave it alone.

Fracture should be baseline, the fact we don't have a pain dump that doesn't consume souls baseline is a laughably bad design choice.

Deleted
    Is there any talent calculator with ptr info? Need to visual see and pick talents to really understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Felblade does not need to be baseline and benefits nothing. Hell, that row might be the most balanced one in the entire tree. Leave it alone.

Fracture should be baseline, the fact we don't have a pain dump that doesn't consume souls baseline is a laughably bad design choice.
    Yeah, it's rather annoying having to either cap my pain or waste a bunch of souls when I'm at 95%+ health. Something that did the same (or more) as Soul Cleave, but without the healing/soul consumption would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    Is there any talent calculator with ptr info? Need to visual see and pick talents to really understand.
    The only difference from Live is Demonic Infusion replaces Nether Bond, that's it.

Deleted
    The only difference from Live is Demonic Infusion replaces Nether Bond, that's it.
    Help me a bit, but that makes it a non existing option to me, correct?

Or is it if you have a priest / pala heal in mythic+ / raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yeah, it's rather annoying having to either cap my pain or waste a bunch of souls when I'm at 95%+ health. Something that did the same (or more) as Soul Cleave, but without the healing/soul consumption would be nice.
    Give me that soul barrier shield portion in tier 4 on "overheals" as an option and we're in business.
    Might make it too OP though I do remember this existed before for some tank, or it was a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Segaki View Post
    Help me a bit, but that makes it a non existing option to me, correct?

Or is it if you have a priest / pala heal in mythic+ / raids?
    What are you asking?

Deleted
    What are you asking?
    Demonic Infusion being in the same tier as Last Resort too me seems a non option, unless I missed something.
    (or you do have a "last stand" mechanic covered by your heal e.g. guardian spirit)

Correct or false?

(edit)
    can only say from tanking as a DH and healing other D-Hunters(as I said before), its a red flag if not picked today.
    Last edited by mmoc14d85b5354; 2016-11-28 at 02:42 PM.

I can't ever see picking Demonic Infusion over Last Resort. There's always the argument to be made that with better tools you won't need Last Resort, but the ability to completely ignore a major mistake/issue from the tank/healer side once per fight is just remarkably strong (at least for the vast majority of the playerbase)

Deleted
    Okay my thoughts exactly, even though there may be alternatives, they almost always need proper timing.
    And while I know a priest who can time it correctly (using voice), why would I outsource that responsibility to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Segaki View Post
    Okay my thoughts exactly, even though there may be alternatives, they almost always need proper timing.
    And while I know a priest who can time it correctly (using voice), why would I outsource that responsibility to him.
    The "better tools" doesn't really entail Guardian Spirit. That's almost a null factor when thinking about Last Resort. better tools means that the options in that row are good enough that you won't fear dying.
    IMO Soul Barrier will be the main one come 715. Fracture will be used by many and Soul Barrier works well with it.
    Last Resort is and will still be viable for raid progression, and will be the preference of many learning fights or using it in specific strategies for fights.