Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It was nice the first 2 months. I haven't touched it since then. I guess wow lost its appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    You're definitely not mad.
    It's funny, the first reply is a dude in denial that instead of dismissing the thread felt the need to insult the OP

People who aren't you have different opinions.
    Simple as that.
    A lot of generic bullet points, many of which not referring to Legion exclusive features which people could have, and did say about past expansions.

Basically a list of whines for the sake of a list of whines.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have fun and stuff to do even if i don't raid much anymore. Not perfect on many aspects but good enough to continue playing.

I don't think there's any valid reason to nitpicking every bad thing and make charts about "X was better than Y" or "Z id much worse than W".

Do you have fun with the game? If the answer is yes, you play it. Otherwise you uninstall it and do something else. It's not hard.

People tend to forget that the vast majority of players don't read forums, don't care about 99% of the stuff discusses and just vote with their wallet. They just get bored after a while and leave or still have fun and stay. Every single one has a different view on the game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

- Legendaries, good idea poor implementation. Its nice to have something cool drop other than a mount or a pet, something that changes how you play your class rotation. But I think it should be more akin to a choice we make than a gamble. And it shouldn't be the case that they are flatout upgrades to your base rotation that basically make them mandatory for min-maxing. The rarity of them is alt-spec and alt unfriendly for sure. It just feels shitty to see someone have this awesome DPS piece, and then find a sephuz or prydaz.

- RNG loot ...? Elaborate? Do you mean warforge/titanforge, secondary stats, who gets drops in M+... what? On warforging, I think its nice you have a possibility to get an upgrade no matter what content you're doing. If you're mad you don't have 895 every slot yet, you aren't doing mythic ToV enough obviously :P. If it feels like you aren't getting upgrades from the content you are running, you are vastly outgearing it and should be doing something more difficult. Hell, my alt mage is 862 and I basically just do WQ with him while my M+ group isn't on. That would be like a mix of Normal/heroic EN loot without upgrades. My paladin is 876 without a single piece of raid gear thanks to mythic+

- People will never be happy with class balance, everything is perfectly playable for once. Back in vanilla you had literally unplayable specs and if you wanted to raid you had to have a warrior tank. The only time I see people making class considerations for meaningful content is balancing ranged VS melee and AoE vs ST and it varies by specific content and mechanics.

- Class pruning is a neutral point, there are cases where they went to far, and they have admitted it and are making changes going forward. (For example hunters and traps) But at the same time you can't just keep adding every expansion or things get too cluttered, keeping that many abilities useful and balanced is near impossible. It was going to happen eventually just like the item squish did.

-Alts, so you're saying it's a problem you aren't running out of content to do on one character...? This is the first time for years I've felt like I'm not being time gated by lockouts and dailies to making progress on my character. Those definitely still exist, but there are so many alternative routes to gearing/powering up now. You don't need alts to fill time anymore. If you want multiple characters maxed out, its going to take more work that focusing on a single character, why shouldn't it? There are systems in place to make it easier than starting fresh, heirlooms, account-wide unlocks, etc. But at what point is it enough? Should everyone just get a max level character for each class when they finish one? :P

- AK/AP is Just like any other catch-up mechanic? Why do raids now when you can get timeless isles gear later, or tanaan jungle? Why not just wait for the next expansion and get quest gear that beats all of it? Why even play WoW? Like really... the game is entirely grinding for something that makes you more powerful NOW and will be totally useless/cosmetic only later. The fun is in the moment, if you don't want to grind, then don't. If AK wasn't a thing, artifact power would be a huge pain in the ass for alts. And they are doing even more to make getting AK less painful.

I've been playing since vanilla, raiding on and off since BC. There were other times I logged in every single day to play, but not always because I wanted to, it felt like a chore. I needed to get on and finish my dailies or I'd fall behind forever. And once all that content was done I usually burnt out. I technically only have to log in 2-3 times a week to get everything done this expansion, yet I've been on every single day since legion launch. No other expansion has caught my interest like this one has.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2016-11-25 at 10:08 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    What justifies this as the "best" xpac to date?
    Because it recently came out, just like a bubble gum, great for the first 10 minutes.

It was good, ya know, all this story around the weapon and class hall. Great idea.
    That's it.

Unlock the flying mount already, this xpac suck balls

10+ Year Old Account
    How?

Sure the leveling/story was fun but outside that it hasn't been amazing enough to be considered the best xpac to date. If anything I'd rate it as either 3rd or 4th but even then I don't know because I played Cata/WoD/MoP all more than Legion.

I don't feel like the game progressed like it did in BC/WOTLK if anything the game regressed and assumes I'm a idiot who will sit at a slot machine all day and press 2 or 3 buttons. The depth of classes is at a all time low and even if the raiding is super cool it's mind numbingly boring to do.

- Legendary system was a terrible idea.

- RNG loot system was a terrible idea.

- Class balance is a mess on top of that RNG makes it worse.

- Class pruning is at a all time high. Prot Warriors getting further pruned soon is hilarious.

- Some classes got gutted to be a shell of their former self. Warlock/Hunter

- Alts are thrown to the side like we aint been using them to fill time for the past 10 years.

- AP/AK is honestly extremely stupid. I don't feel good about doing boring shit to boost it when I can AFK in my Hall for 3 months get 5000% more AP and just go do Suramar and have my entire thing finished in a few days. This is literally what I'm doing with alts right now.

- PvP is probably the worst it has ever been.

I can without a doubt, claim that to me, it is in the top three. Easily.

Question: One up on everything, and not as much a piss take as WoD was with the speed you could achieve.

Scaling: Was needed, a brilliant addition, and permitting people to start where they wish, avoiding cluttered zones.

Legendary System: Sorry, there has to be a system, and there will always be people not liking it. I loved the idea with Mists of pandaria, do quests,raids and farm to achieve your legendary - some didn't. I don't really like specific dropping legendary system like in TBC. Though, the RNG system for that is just a better choice I think.

RNG Loot System: Too bad? It makes it a little more fluent with content, instead of it all being cut out. Of course, annoying when you don't get things but again, you aren't meant to get everything.

Class Balance: I am not sure yet, but I play as three different classes, and I have no problems performing with them. Might be higher up, or situational.

Class Pruning: It's funny that this is a problem, yet people had problems when there was too many buttons too. Games change.

Alts: If you cannot level, or equip and alt without complaining, then you are doing it wrong. Sorry, but it is your choice to have an alt in a system where you need to prepare some things for them. It'll still take work to get AP/AK, but you can't get everything right away.

AP: I am actually loving the system of these, especially with the AK boost later to make you able to keep up.

AK: I think should be account bound, to be honest. Then again, who waits 3 months for preparing an alt. The bonus is justified and welcoming.

PvP: Not sure, I'm having fun in the BG's and wPvP zones. I like the secondary talent setup. Only thing confusing me, is the trinkets disabling.

To answer your question, opinions justify how good the expansion is to one self.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    It seems people have a hard time grasping the concept of opinion. Legion has flaws and it's not my top expac either, but to some people it might actually be their favourite expansion.

I do agree with some of the points as a problem with Legion but hey, I have yet to play an expansion that did everything perfect.

Deleted

Wut? Have you played any of the other seasons? Both BGs and Arena feels pretty good right now.
    I'm pretty confident to say this is one of the better seasons.

Member s5...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Wut? Have you played any of the other seasons? Both BGs and Arena feels pretty good right now.
    I'm pretty confident to say this is one of the better seasons.

Member s5...
    Actually, true. They feel more .. right?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Just because it was 10 years ago doesn't mean it wasn't good design, just because it's 10 years further now doesn't mean it's now suddenly a bad design...
    Obvious and simple, but seemingly totally impossible to grasp for a large chunk of the community.

Its still way to early to call Legion the best, though I don't expect myself to call it the best yet judging by the current content. The zones feel way to cramped and disjoined for my taste, the story is meh, there are no cool villains, there's to much grind etc. WotLK remains the best expansion to me, but this one might get either get 2nd or 3rd place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    I wonder if people will write these threads until literally the end of time.
    "The group of archeologists descended beneath the steel bars covered in dust. This place had been abandoned years ago, the world outside a barren wasteland, the structure of the building bent and misshapen from disastrous sand storms. The researchers finally reached the server room. Their goal? To salvage whatever they could from a time lost long ago. They inserted data-probes into the servers to see what had could be found, saved for future generations to find and learn from: *MMO-champion forum post database, sensors pick up a vast amount of information regarding Fire Mage Ruined, WotlK Objectively Best Expansion, Devs Are Retarded, Where's My Legendary*. The archeologists sighed with disbelief and apathy. Not this shit again"

10+ Year Old Account
    How?

- AP/AK is honestly extremely stupid. I don't feel good about doing boring shit to boost it when I can AFK in my Hall for 3 months get 5000% more AP and just go do Suramar and have my entire thing finished in a few days. This is literally what I'm doing with alts right now.
    This is how I feel about everything and catchup mechanics. No meaning to anything. just do it once then sit back and wait for da freebies.

only worth doing stuff more then once if you raid mythic non-stop.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

blah
    Stop whining. All your points are wrong. And yes, it's the best expansion. Again, stop the hell whining all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    The way the content is delivered.

Scaling zones.

World quests.

The little things hidden across the zones.

Decent amount of dungeons with diverse enviroment.

Mythic+ dungeons.

EM is a nice entry-level raid.

Warforge/titanforge system, making you not regret running an instance with your freshly leveled friends - there's a chace even for you to get an upgrade (I myself have actually gotten more 880s from a normal EN than heroic).

Legendaries are shit though, and I hate them so fucking much.

Artifact catchup is no catchup, but hey, atleast they've acknowledged it's shit and will be changing it in the next patch.

While some classes are fine atm, some are absolute garbage. Also, some are fine in PvE but suck in PvP and vice versa.

That said, positives definitely outweigh negatives. Legion best expac so far.
    I have to disagree that the catch up is shit, I started legion a while after launch due to work hours. But, I'm on 14 now, I believe the top is 18 currently? I also have my alt which is at 13, I noticed last night, I have forgotten to set the research on him, but Ive been loggin in each day to see if it was completed xD, last night, when I did notice, I set the research, and its only taking two days.

As far as traits go, there is one trait level difference between the two characters.

Idk maybe its because I have a tendency to level my alts, do a bit on them and then leave em, so when I do actually go out and get stuff, its at a high AK ready to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    The absurdly poor system aside, how is a legendary all that legendary when everyone has one anyway?
    Oh boy, not this argument again. I thought we'd stopped abusing this poor deceased equine when it came to purple names, are we really going to go through it with orange names?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Mythic+ dungeons.
    These are so good for small groups looking for challenging/progression content, i do not know how they did not implement this game mode years ago.
    The rest of the game looks pretty much the same for me, although in next iterations of legendaries and artifact progression i expect them to do better, those two systems if well tuned would also work as a charm for the game.

Deleted
    How?

Sure the leveling/story was fun but outside that it hasn't been amazing enough to be considered the best xpac to date. If anything I'd rate it as either 3rd or 4th but even then I don't know because I played Cata/WoD/MoP all more than Legion.

I don't feel like the game progressed like it did in BC/WOTLK if anything the game regressed and assumes I'm a idiot who will sit at a slot machine all day and press 2 or 3 buttons. The depth of classes is at a all time low and even if the raiding is super cool it's mind numbingly boring to do.

- Class pruning is at a all time high. Prot Warriors getting further pruned soon is hilarious.

- Alts are thrown to the side like we aint been using them to fill time for the past 10 years.

- Leg : agreed, nit optimal at all
    - Loot : When was the loot system not RNG based ever ? Nonsense here.
    - When was class balance ever good ? And with balance I mean 10 classes havibg the same oytputs with the same stuff, same skill and same gameplay complexity. Never happened. Never gonna happen.
    - Warlock is not that bad. Heavy changes. Yes. Butchered. No.
    - Don't see your point. I levelled two alts and am having a hell of a fun with them.
    - Waiting for AK will never be better than day by day progression. Stats and calculations proved it.
    - dunno. Don't PvP much (and neither used to)

Now for the bright side that I see :
    Overall storyline(s) is excellent and really makes me want to see the end.
    Content has not been that developped for years. Frequency of new stuff is also a very good and stimulating poibt (weekly new Suramar questline, already two raids out, new WQs, new dungeons incoming...)
    The game is beautuful (imo it counts a lot to help appreciate the content)
    Raids are pretty with one pretty simple and the other one harder. Very good PvE versatility.

I have no idea if it's "the" best. But definitely one of the best xpacs of WoW. Yep. And by far if we compare to recent ones (Cata, MoP and WoD)

How?

Ok , I guess I'm one of the people who would classify it as the best expac, so let me share my thoughts. Now remember all of this is highly objective , and is only true for myself. Now I've playing since the start of BC. I've had as much fun in WotLK as am having now , but I can say there is more stuff to do now then there was then, so that's why Legion is top for me . So what makes it best? Well first of i quit in WoD after getting to 100, I guess I just needed a break from WoW (I did really like WoD levelling though ). During my break from WoW I've been playing GW2 (still am), and that game changed my outlook sooo much. There are no DPS meters there, no gear chase (once you've gotten your full ascended set , and even before that a full exotic set is just fine ), there are no tanks and healers (well they added them to an extent in the expac, but only a few builds and nothing like WoW) and most of all everyone just works together.
    So after I came back for Legion with the more open approach , I've been having great fun. I got lucky to find a friendly guild , with whom we've cleared EN H, and are starting Mythic now (nothing to brag about , but this is the most serious raiding I've done since WotLK )
    Mythic + dungeons are neat, if I'm feeling easy-going I can go have in the lower keystones , if I'm feeling like a challenge I can go to 10+
    WQs are frankly an improvement over dailies , they don't clutter up your log and some are quite fun. I like the PvP ones, and the Kirintor , etc
    I LOVED the hidden stuff , like the Corrupted Ashbringer hunt and the Kossumoth Orbs
    AP/AK is a fine system that allows you to keep improving your character over time , even if it's only a bit at the time. If you take casually. If you are one of the people who are : "OMG! Need all the traits ASAP otherwise I'm not competitive !!!1" then you are going to have a bad time . I'm on 29 Traits on my main / 18 on main alt / and I don't remember the other 2 - and I'm fine with that . 29 is perfectly fine for Heroic raids , 18 is fine for normals - and I do t really care if some other dude pulls a bit more DPS than me , as long as we get shit done.
    Which is also why I'm fine with class balance I guess . All classes when played correctly are viable , sure a specific combination can get you to the finish line faster , but you can still get there with others. Some classes are strong in certain situations /vs certain opponents , others are stronger in other situations - just deal with it , you don't have to be the best everywhere.
    PvP is actually the best I've seen in wow . I'm a passionate supporter that PvP should be about skill not gear . And this is what the current system pushes. You can't just farm gear and then "pwn noobs". You actually gotta get good at your class. GW2 has a simmilar system , and I Love PvP there - so again it's my bias speaking .
    I'm also happy when ever I get a legendary, even if it's considered a bad one . It's still a really high I'll item with an additional effect . So far I've gotten 3 across 2 characters : 1 BiS ring for DH, and Sephuz and the bracers for pally. Now obviously the ring made me happier , but I was still excited about the other 2.
    And lastly I don't play Hunter , but for me Demonology has finally became what it was always supposed to be - a summoner . You summon a horde of demons who wreck havoc for you - sweet . Not a wanna be DH, thankfully we have actual DH for that now.
    So yeah , these are my 2 cents . It's all about the attitude you have .
    Last edited by Nero Stormchester; 2016-11-25 at 12:04 PM.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig