Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don't think you understand how RNG actually works. Your chance is always exactly the same for those mounts. Say a mount starts at 1% and you run it 1B times without it dropping. The next time you run it it still has a 1% chance of dropping. The odds of you not having seen it in those 1B are incredibly low, but the chances of it dropping never change.

With legendaries it is different. If you have a .01% chance of a legendary dropping from something and it doesn't drop then the BLP kicks in increasing that .01% chance.
    BLP = Any source?

How about = BLP is basic math that worked ever since humankind. The more you try(buy lottery tickets)the more rolls you do until you hit(or maybe never).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Ion: Heyyyy guys. We made great moneymaker free cash system. RNG Legendarys. You have to farm farm farm and again farm to get them. Dont worry after you reach 4th legendary you gonna hit soft cap, and you will never know about softcap because we will never tell you. So you gonna pay us 15$ per month for great enjoyable farm for 5th legendary which wont end.
    Working as intended. Have fun guys.
    Money Money Money! I abandoned the day Kharazan patch dropped, I made my World Quests enough, Ele Shaman being trash was another point in me leaving the game.

Deleted
    Except that isn't how BLP works. BLP increases the drop rate. If the lotto had it the second ticket you bought would have more of a chance of winning than the first. That isn't even remotely true. They have the same chance.
    WHAT IS BLP?

They are litterally TELLING you. The more content you do, the more "BLP" ramps up. What is that ramps up? The rolls you do during every activity. More rolls, higher chances.

That are not telling you are lie. They just call this concept of fundamental mathmatics "BLP".

Of course it makes sense from a buisness perspective. The never ending farm for legendaries(and it's fair - thats just how it is).

Wow guys.

The few people I know who still play regularly and raid pretty hard have said their raid teams have all fell apart due to the legendaries. People have become frustrated and quit because a better player with bad luck cant do the dps needed then a sub par player with great luck. It is demotivating and just causes people to give up trying. The RNG is the single issue burning out people who would generally still be having a great time.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Except that isn't what they are saying at all. The blp you describe is an illusion. The blp Blizz describes is an actual increase in the drop rate. Wow guy.
    It's called math, not a mechanic that actively helps you. That is why people needs to do 1.5K in order to get 4 legendaries or they get it during thier 1st ever LFR session.

Your posts are getting shorter and shorter. You are cornered, you know that.

Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The few people I know who still play regularly and raid pretty hard have said their raid teams have all fell apart due to the legendaries. People have become frustrated and quit because a better player with bad luck cant do the dps needed then a sub par player with great luck. It is demotivating and just causes people to give up trying. The RNG is the single issue burning out people who would generally still be having a great time.
    And the funny thing is we are not talking about 4%-5% differences. The gap between 2 players, one with crap legos and the other with bis legos can be up to 30-40% diff between same classes and specs. And thats without even being in the same ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    You guys could all save a lot of time if you just copy & paste the Beta/Alpha debate thread and do a search & replace on Beta/Alpha with Softcap/Hardcap.

"Its Alpha, not Beta" .. "no its Beta, not Alpha" .. "No Blizz called it Beta" ..."but the client says Alpha" .."but my email said Beta" .. "But this tweet said Alpha"

"It's not a softcap because..." "yeah but blizz said it was a softcap" ... "They said it was, but it really wasn't" .."Yeah but according to this google search for the meaning of Soft cap...."

Lol

Whats even worse is all that wasted AP you farmed up... :/
    AP is not big deal. No one should be worried about AP atm. Depending on specc / class 26 traits is more than enough to do everything. I've 35 on balance and 26 on resto.

Did i care about that 35th trait on balance or wanted to farm it? Not really it just got those AP's when i was trying to get my 2 missing dps legendaries. Im doing mythic+ only for getting legendaries and i can farm AP once i've level 23-24 AK. Atm farmin AP is not worth of time. Yeah sure i got quite lot of AP when trying to get legendaries but thats not big deal at all. In 1 month i can get same AP from 1 dungeon than i get now from 20 dungeons

Deleted
    BLP is MATH.

Every legendary got like 0,5% drop chance(pretty much like the LK mount).

The more you kill LK, the closer you get over the time. You can either get it today or like in 5 years.

Do you really think, they go like "We need to help our playerbase, so we invent something that scales up and helps you"? Really? Even the recent post sounds so artifical about the BLP.

That is like pooping yourself seen from a buisness perspective if you create a mechanic like that(but they don't lie either, I just call it math).

Oh my naive, stupid community.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-25 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Wrong. Every time you kill LK you have exactly the same chance of seeing it. With legendaries every kill actually increases the drop rate. You don't understand stats but keep trying to act like everyone else doesn't understand how this works. It's like watching a dog try to speak.
    Wrong.

If you run LK 10 times per week, you have higher chance for seeing it.

That is like if you do everything EN related, plus daily chest, plus a bunch of Mythic+(per day/weekly basis).

If you don't agree with that, you should argue with one of the blizz staff posters. That is what they are telling you(like literally).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thats for people like you who can't play at a high level but need to look good in Dalaran.
    yeah well that's blabla you neither can know at what level i play nor if i want to need to "look good" in dalaran. You cant see legendarys on your char right? again idc how many legendaries i got, i got a decent semi casual raid grp and we downed odyn hc 2 times. i am totally fine with that, the amount of oranges on my char is more than irrelevant for me.

Deleted
    Wrong. You always have a .5% chance of seeing it. You are confused and need to go read up on stats.
    Wrong.

10 alts killing LK means buying 10 tickets for lottery for that week, vs. 1 alt is killing him.

Doing all the weekly content in legion(plus farming dungeons), is equal to buying that amount of tickets.

Deleted
    With BLP the chance increases for every time you didnt received a legendary of a possible legendary source. With 4 legendaries this BLP went off, means you were still able to get legendaries, but the chance doesnt increase anymore every time you didnt get one. Now the BLP is active all the time.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-25 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Guys if you are arguing with Strifeload seriously, then dont bother. He always make those kind if posts that he knows people will try defend because they are true, but still stubbornly mud the whole thing over.

Deleted
    That why Chris Metzen left Blizzard, he saw that Wow is out of control, its going down, unbalanced classes, trash loot system, to drastic class changes etc

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    And the funny thing is we are not talking about 4%-5% differences. The gap between 2 players, one with crap legos and the other with bis legos can be up to 30-40% diff between same classes and specs. And thats without even being in the same ilvl.
    That i what makes the game as it currently stands so demotivating and unrewarding to play. I could put in massive hours, study every fight and do everything perfect. But because of the shit RNG system i get no upgrades or reward that is worth a damn while someone who barely plays logs in once every few days and gets 2 BIS legendaries and can be 50% better with out even trying hard. And Blizz thinks this is fun and exciting? The loot system was already shit this exp with the RNG on stats making higher level gear useless if it did not have better secondary stats. Then to throw the Legendaries in the mix was just a big Fuck you to the players.

Deleted
    And not a single one of those tickets has a higher chance of hitting than any others. The player's odds are mildly increases by unique chances. It is actually different with loot though as you don't have unique chances which does mildly increase your odds. In WoW you always have the same lotto ticket and have to hope the RNG machine picks your number. Except for BLP systems(which exist in game for business reasons). In these systems each time you lose the odds on your next ticket actually increase. So instead of a 1/10000 chance you now have a 1/9999 chance. See the difference now buddy?
    Yeah, we can agree on that.

What I mean is looting the daily cache is equivalent for killing LK. You still have 0,5% but doing it over and over, will increase the probabilty of you getting the legendary(you still have 0.5% everytime).

That is not BLP. That is math since mankind. They just market that as BLP(which I doubt the exsistence).

Just because you don't get extra luck doesn't mean you got capped. You still got your 4 legendaries faster than you should under normal circumstances and now you are dealing with your own luck. It can be bad luck or it can be extremely good luck.
    There is no such thing as "normal circumstances": there was a set of rules governing drop chances of the first 4 legendaries and a different set of rules from 4th onwards. The second set of rules is in no way more or less "normal" than the first, it's simply how they designed drop chances to behave according to how many legendaries you got already. You got an easier time getting the first 4 legendaries compared to the 5th and onwards. This is by definition a softcap: you have a better return of your effort invested in getting the first 4 legendaries compared to what you get after.

The reason it's called a softcap is because it's usually a point someone might decide it's not worth to further invest given the lower return and was definitely the case with legendary drops without bad luck protection after the 4th legendary.

Take RnG for what it is not for what you think it is or what you would like it to be. And stop calling yourself soft capped. Unless you are also soft capped in everything else. You can't get a better job because of a soft cap. You can't buy a better car because you know soft cap. You can't get a bigger house because soft cap. And you won't reach 100 because soft cap.

See what I'm saying here?
    RNG being involved doesn't change the issue: before 4th legendary you had a set of rules making getting them easier, after 4th legendary you had another set of rules making it more difficult. That's a softcap.

Quote Originally Posted by Elash View Post
    That why Chris Metzen left Blizzard, he saw that Wow is out of control, its going down, unbalanced classes, trash loot system, to drastic class changes etc
    I think your right. I was one of those who said oh people move on from a job all the time. But the amount of big names leaving WOW the last few years has me thinking that something going on behind the scenes is driving away the people who had passion for the game. Now you can tell the devs have no passion for the game any more and are just throwing shit up against the wall to see what sticks. They have contempt for their customers and have no fucks to give if this game makes money or not.

Deleted
    And it's an illusion. You always have exactly the same chance of something dropping without BLP. The drop rate. With BLP that drop rate is constantly changing(so long as you don't get a legendary every single time). It increases when you don't get one and then resets when you finally do. That has been in Legion since it launched. It stopped working at the soft cap of 4 legendaries until last week. Now, you actually do have a higher chance of getting legendaries with every drop.

What you're confusing is the odds of a string of events occurring with the odds of a single event occurring. The odds of the string of events occurring, in the case of no BLP, has no affect on the odds of the single event occurring. If I flip a coin 5 trillion times the next coin flip will still have a 50% chance of being heads or tails. And that's how the math actually works. Your weird inference that because you string these independent events together somehow increases the odds of the next independent event occurring is just mathematically and factually incorrect.
    THE BLP DOES NOT EXSIST.

I don't believe until somebody reverse engineers this.

Remove the BLP part and we can agree.

Deleted
    G f*cking G Blizzard:
    - Same skill level
    - same ilvl
    - almost same stats

2 BIS legendaries VS 2 healing neck and ring or other (deathgate for locks) craps -> 15-30% dps difference.

WHERE IS THE BALANCE? These developers have no idea about their own game. What a shame...

And do you know those people who have 3,4 or more legs? They can even optimize their legendary usage for bosses... WTF?