View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the fuck ?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What I mean is that LFR is the future of WoW's development and the other "difficulties" are nothing but archaic tools of the past that serve no real purpose today
    Why have LFR? Why not just show a movie and some lore text?!
    Why keep LFR when we can't keep other difficulties?
    Or do you think what you find easy/hard is baseline?
    Egoist.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    So participation rate = success?

World quests have 90% or more participation rate.

Get rid of dungeons and raids, obviously we only need world quests!
    World Quests are a great progression mechanism to be quite honest.

The RNG part isn't though.

What I mean is that LFR is the future of WoW's development and the other "difficulties" are nothing but archaic tools of the past that serve no real purpose today
    You are wrong. It does serve purpose, it's a great game mechanic that allows for more enjoyable content, on harder difficulty. That does not take away from the game in any way, nor does it pull back anyone from playing WoW.

World Quests are a great progression mechanism to be quite honest.

The RNG part isn't though.
    LFR to Heroic to Mythic offers great progression mechanism too that we enjoy.

I think OP was unable to finish raids on higher difficulty then LFR. lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    LFR to Heroic to Mythic offers great progression mechanism too that we enjoy.
    Yeah but not 100% of the playerbase enjoys it so it should be removed!
    Why spend oh so much time and effort into making something not everyone enjoys, right?
    Turn WoW into a picturebook game please.

Are you kidding? No way. LFR should be removed, actually...and replaced with a NORMAL queue version with a fixed raid size of 25/personal loot only/and the stacking fail buff with a shared lockout with non-queue Normal. LFR has become a shell of it's former glorious MoP self - it has been made virtually worthless and honestly no longer serves a purpose. Raid quests can't be completed, the difficulty is laughable, and the item level is too low within the current crafted/WQ environment. A lot of LFR raiders don't want a tourist mode - they want a raid that they don't have to spend hours trying to get into in a PuG environment at a time that is convenient to them and not on a set schedule they can't commit to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    kys mods pls delete this troll thread.
    Trolling is a process people use to get under your skin, and deliberately anger you, and then sit back and laugh. It is highly possible this is actually how the OP feels and it is their way of expressing it. While the notion would upset players who enjoy a higher level of difficulty, I can't be certain this person intended to upset anyone. Oddly enough, it was a by-product. Since the turn of the millennium, people seem to be easily offended by everything, and then have to make sure everyone knows they are offended. Used to be, people got offended, ignored the person, and went on about their day. You may want to re-examine your use of the word troll in the future. People tend to toss that buzzword around a lot these days anytime they are upset by what someone else posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    I think OP was unable to finish raids on higher difficulty then LFR. lawl
    I've already explained this, I didn't even set a foot inside a Normal raid.

Why would I?

this poll...
    LOL...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Why would I?
    Why set foot in a LFR?
    Remove raiding and gearing, unlock everything to everyone!

We don't need anything else

I’ve shared my opinion that premade raiding is dying and that automatic matchmaking like LFR is the wave of the future. Up until now, I’ve had only my vague sense based on what I’ve seen in game. But now, I found some real numbers that I can analyze – the MMO Champion’s armory stats. Oh yes, some real numbers.

I have no idea how I could have missed this. To be honest, I would rather be playing the game, I guess (but not today) today I'm here so share what is most likely a big push forward when it comes to the general realization that we don't need more than LFR in order for WoW to be a successful, or even, a pioneer MMORPG in its era.

I found this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-423

I am well aware this is what could be considered old news because it's SoO. Well, the amazing thing here is that, nowadays it's even worse or better(depending on how you view things), obviously in favor to LFR

What does this show? First obvious conclusion is that LFR is a runaway success. The most sought out piece of content Blizzard has ever released, a genius move on their part and something they should be building on, not running away from. If they do, they effectively run away from subscribers, which happens to be something funny to picture.. Imagine Blizzard really running away from subscribers waving money bills. Hilarious.

Not only are non-raiders doing LFR, but most raiders also run LFR as well, either on their mains or on their alts. I mean, during any expansion before LFR, Blizzard would kill for a 25%~30% participation rate for raids. But LFR’s 70% participation rate clearly blows the new "flexible" raiding out of the water as a second stringer in terms of how successful its implementation is, and in fact LFR’s participation rate is often times higher than other raid difficulties COMBINED.

Another argument can be made on how different difficulties can, in fact, dissuade new players from continuing to play. They feel overwhelmed by how many difficulties they will have to go through before they can be considered "Raiders" and how the ilevel inflation is something only causing problems for WoW's lifespan (which is caused by 4 different difficulties each raid tier + RNG loot and other shenanigans called Legendaries)

This issue is further amplified by the fact that the other difficulties forces you to be social in order to participate in them, LFR does not, hence another argument in favor for it.
    And if LFR was only difficulty then game would have nothing to do. I would instantly unsub and delete wow for ever.

If something blizz should remove LFR. Its nothing more than huge target dummies giving useless loot. Removal of it would make shitloads of players happy.

Im already pissed of as HC raider that im forced to do weekly LFR on all chars. Waste of time but have to because stupid items can procc high but still retarded remove whole shit ty

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    this poll...
    LOL...
    Geniuses face a lot of hate sometimes

Why would I?
    "Hello I have 0 experience with higher level difficulties but I want them removed"

People disagree with your opinion. You have no personal experience to back up your claims.

Why should people even remotely take this thread serioously?

I agree with you OP. LFR is the future of WoW.

Geniuses face a lot of hate sometimes
    Stop dodging please.
    Why should LFR stay if the rest gets removed?

And wow, that's some statement man.
    You must really love yourself.

Deleted
    Agree )))))))

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    "Hello I have 0 experience with higher level difficulties but I want them removed"

People disagree with your opinion. You have no personal experience to back up your claims.

Why should people even remotely take this thread serioously?
    Lol, no one takes this thread serious, we are all having fun here. We all have our opinions in the end Blizzard decides. Not like tikcol gonna change the game by making 1 thread about his "view".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Everything queueable i can agree with because thats mainly the reason why i think LFR is famous. The only reason in fact.

But LFR the "only" difficulty available is insane and not good at all.
    We can change the name to "Raiding"

Make it the only difficulty and queuable

We can change the name to "Raiding"
    Make it the only difficulty and queuable
    Why should LFR be baseline for difficulty? Just because you think so?
    Geez. That superiority complex.
    Raiding is a archoic tool for gearmill.