View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I've done my best to put my point across, it's starting to feel like you don't even want to consider it as a possibility
    Why? it's flawed.
    By your same thought process LFR isn't worthy of staying either.
    You don't think far ahead for being a genius do you.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-11-25 at 04:24 PM.

I've done my best to put my point across, it's starting to feel like you don't even want to consider it as a possibility
    Pretty much, we don't like your idea.

LFR and LFD is more than enough in order to see the content.

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    This.
    LFR is a cancer I tolerate once per week for the AP and the chance on a Legendary.
    And even that is sometimes too much.
    Your choice of words is pretty disturbing. I never felt like LFR was anything remotely close to "cancer".

It's fun most of the time and pretty rewarding overall

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Why should I devide my number? I counted by guilds with at least 10 (or 20 for mythic guilds) individual players raiding. I didn't even count raiding alts. And people switching guilds or renaming themselves don't reduce or increase that number. With an average of 20 individual players (raiders) per guild, my numbers provided seem legit.
    Players having alts in different guilds increases the number (ie, you see two guilds, count that as 40 players, but in reality there's just 30 players, one of the guilds is a guild of mains and another is a sister social guild where mains have raiding alts).

Players moving between guilds increases the number (ie, you see two guilds, count that as 40 players, but in reality there's just, say, 30 players, it's just that 20 of them were in guild A, got the kill, then half of them went to guild B and that guild got the kill as well).

Every time a guild renames or reforms or moves to a different realm, this increases the number as well.

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Why? it's flawed.
    By your same thought process LFR isn't worthy of staying either.
    You don't think far ahead for being a genius do you.
    All opinions can be considered flawed by an outsider

All opinions can be considered flawed by an outsider
    But you're nothing special either.
    Aka a outsider just like the rest of us.

LFR is significantly easier than basically everything else in the game currently (even pet battles are harder) and the loot is typically an upgrade for >50% of the player base. I'd be more surprised if it didn't have a 70% participation rate. To me that would imply something is fundamentally broken with LFR if people refuse to participate in it even for free gear upgrades.

I mean hell if you're judging content based purely on participation rate, don't world quests have a 100% participation rate? Clearly all the other content should be removed from the game, all we need is world quests.

I wish the mods were more vigilant and actually punished people that tried to incite others by posting troll topics like this. Nobody is stupid enough to actually believe the nonsense argument you put forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Your opinion is bad, and u should feel bad.
    Reported for troll/blamebait thread, this shit has to stop.
    I understand it's a privilege to share my opinions here. I just don't understand why you feel the need to insult me every chance you get

The Link OP added is shit due to not explaining the variables.

1. This includes alts in the chart, it is easier to people to run multiple characters in LFR because it is so mind boggling easy that you can afk.

2. People that do the harder content have done the easier content as well.

This distorts how correct the numbers are.

What bothered me is how you said LFR was a run away success. So we all know that blizzard has slowly been declining in subscribers, This happened after the peaked in WotLK. The next expansion brought LFR and numbers started dropping. So if we are looking strictly at numbers, LFR was such a failure that they lost a crazy large number of subs when it was released. The largest drop in Sub numbers at that point.

So going by your logic at not really looking at what the numbers mean, LFR is the reason WoW is losing subscribers and should be taken out of the game.

Massively multiplayer online role-playing games are supposed to be social games to participate, hence another argument in favor of getting rid of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    But you're nothing special either.
    Aka a outsider just like the rest of us.
    Hence the discord, which is natural. That's why we should focus on getting our point across in an orderly manner

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    You missed the point entirely.

McDonald's is successful, nobody who is intelligent would contest that.

The existence of McDonald's does not mean there should not be other restaurants. Sure, they might not sell as much, but they are often of far superior quality. McDonald's success is owed to a lot of factors, not least of which are its low price and its speed... in other words, it's easily accessed. Just like LFR is.

Or to phrase this all a different way... are you seriously saying that because I can go to McDonald's, I should never be able to go anywhere else? Because that's basically what you're arguing here.
    No, I am not arguing that. My opinion is somewhat different from the OP, but I see where he is coming from. I am saying that they should have LFR and raids and all other forms of content, but the amount of resources they invest into each form of content should be proportional to the number of people participating. Raids get way more than their fair share of resources, this is a big imbalance and it is not doing any good (ie, if they didn't have that imbalance, maybe WoD wouldn't have been quite the disaster it was).

This issue is further amplified by the fact that the other difficulties forces you to be social in order to participate in them, LFR does not, hence another argument in favor for it.
    It's MMORPG, you know what genre that is? Like for real, Do you?
    LFR is for those who want it. go away and be done with that /period
    green is the color!

I understand it's a privilege to share my opinions here. I just don't understand why you feel the need to insult me every chance you get

Because this topic gets brought up every week and people are frankly not very open to arguing with this weeks naive dillusional poster.

Hence the discord, which is natural. That's why we should focus on getting our point across in an orderly manner
    So why should LFR stay when all the other difficulties should be removed?
    Highest participation in LFR is from people that do harder content, not people that only do LFR.
    Why make LFR baseline? Because you think it is fine?
    What about the people that can't do LFR?

Pugs are doing emerald nightmare heroic in 1h, so id say lfr should be removed, keep the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    The Link OP added is shit due to not explaining the variables.

1. This includes alts in the chart, it is easier to people to run multiple characters in LFR because it is so mind boggling easy that you can afk.

2. People that do the harder content have done the easier content as well.

This distorts how correct the numbers are.

What bothered me is how you said LFR was a run away success. So we all know that blizzard has slowly been declining in subscribers, This happened after the peaked in WotLK. The next expansion brought LFR and numbers started dropping. So if we are looking strictly at numbers, LFR was such a failure that they lost a crazy large number of subs when it was released. The largest drop in Sub numbers at that point.

So going by your logic at not really looking at what the numbers mean, LFR is the reason WoW is losing subscribers and should be taken out of the game.

Massively multiplayer online role-playing games are supposed to be social games to participate, hence another argument in favor of getting rid of LFR.
    I believe that to be nothing but a coincidence. They made a trade. I actually believe that the only thing that managed to keep WoW alive at that time was LFR

I believe that to be nothing but a coincidence. They made a trade. I actually believe that the only thing that managed to keep WoW alive at that time was LFR
    What you believe has no meaning whatsoever unless you can come up with factual data.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    Because this topic gets brought up every week and people are frankly not very open to arguing with this weeks naive dillusional poster.
    Oh no, that poster has been very vocal about my opinions. And my thread is nothing like the other LFR threads. I'm actively discussing my points in hopes of shattering the illusions trapping some people here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    Pugs are doing emerald nightmare heroic in 1h, so id say lfr should be removed, keep the rest.
    LFR is pretty much the only reason we still have the rest of the raiding scene though. Look at Firelands and Dragon Soul for examples of what happened without it in the game