View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I believe that to be nothing but a coincidence. They made a trade. I actually believe that the only thing that managed to keep WoW alive at that time was LFR
    I don't think so, the game's playerbase was still growing when LFR was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    LFR is pretty much the only reason we still have the rest of the raiding scene though. Look at Firelands and Dragon Soul for examples of what happened without it in the game
    I don't see any decent guild farming LFR nor any post from them saying LFR is the best.

LFR is pretty much the only reason we still have the rest of the raiding scene though. Look at Firelands and Dragon Soul for examples of what happened without it in the game
    Is that just guessing or what.
    Seems there's still a raiding scene when LFR isn't out yet.
    LFR adds nothing to raiding.

I've done my best to put my point across, it's starting to feel like you don't even want to consider it as a possibility
    Your point and ideas are flawed, and your argument has been shown to be false. Putting some random quotes in place of an argument comes off as insincere at best.

Enjoy your lfr and let others enjoy their normal/heroic/mythic.

Besides why should I have to wait 45 minutes in Dps queue for 3 bosses which adds pointless time because no one wants to tank or heal lfr when my guild can just smash through heroic in less than an hour

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    IS that just guessing or what.
    I can go hunting for the quote, but I'm fairly sure Blizzard at some point said that without LFR they could no longer justify the time and cost of making raids, since so few people did them.
    That said, I am strongly against removing the other difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Your point and ideas are flawed, and your argument has been shown to be false. Putting some random quotes in place of an argument comes off as insincere at best.
    Plus him thinking he's some kind of genius and should be the norm smells like underperforming autist to me.
    The ones that think they are these super smart aspergers but have no actual skill or social skills.

Please no triggering

I can go hunting for the quote, but I'm fairly sure Blizzard at some point said that without LFR they could no longer justify the time and cost of making raids, since so few people did them.
    That said, I am strongly against removing the other difficulties
    Blizzard never said that. And If there would be no LFR, people would just do more normal. It's simple.

Raiding is literally a core component of the game; without it, WoW wouldn't be WoW. The reason LFR has such a high participation rate is because, well, it's there, so why not? Some content even requires raiding, and therefore LFR, so everyone who cares to play the game is going to go into LFR, like it or not.

Arguing that raiding makes you social in an MMO and therefore it's bad is ridiculous. If anything, we need more social things in the game.

I understand your argument, but the fact of the matter is that you're asking literally for a fundamental aspect of the game to be changed in a way that goes against the game's very purpose. Numerous arguments have been made for LFR to be stopped, all of which I believe provide pretty good arguments too. If you do not understand the things people are saying in response here, I highly recommend you check them out.

I use LFR for alts to get some gear prior to running EN N mode, I have friends that don't raid and they enjoy LFR, if that is all there was in WOW raid wise...I would play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Enjoy your lfr and let others enjoy their normal/heroic/mythic.
    I'm trying to help others too, I'm not selfish like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Show the players character in the movie?
    or "playername has struck down Archimonde Mythic with his/her almighty swing of power.".

Like on normal/heroic/mythic, not everyone can participate, so in your ACTUAL thoughts LFR should be removed as well.
    Add some QTE for interaction.

How are you helping those that play on normal/heroic/mythic?
    Don't be delusional please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I think we should also give away Gladiator, and RankJuan to everyone who participates in pvp, we should give away realm firsts to everyone who tried, we should just hand out max level end game gear/mounts/titles to everyone. Just get rid of special snowflakes, just totally make the game guild wars 2, Just actually change the name to guild wars two. Actually just delete all class's and make EVERYONE a mage. HELL, lets UP THE ANTE EVEN MORE: Lets just Delete wow entirely.

You are not helping others, you want any other difficulties removed, many people love those difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    Besides why should I have to wait 45 minutes in Dps queue for 3 bosses which adds pointless time because no one wants to tank or heal lfr when my guild can just smash through heroic in less than an hour
    What about the time you spend finding a guild, applying to a guild, proving to random strangers you're not mentally challenged to follow a simple rotation, getting betrayed, losing your spot to someone's girlfriend..

That's more than 45 min worth of your time in my book..

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I think we should also give away Gladiator, and RankJuan to everyone who participates in pvp, we should give away realm firsts to everyone who tried, we should just hand out max level end game gear/mounts/titles to everyone. Just get rid of special snowflakes, just totally make the game guild wars 2, Just actually change the name to guild wars to. Actually just delete all class's and make EVERYONE a mage. HELL, lets UP THE ANTE EVEN MORE: Lets just Delete wow entirely.
    Why not make it a 1 button game and where you click it in 1 minute you win the game?
    now THATS engaging!

Deleted
    To be honest, if anything was going to be removed it would be normal, heroic and mythic.

These 3 difficulties combined don't even come close to the number of players LFR attracts.

And this is just industry. They make games to make money. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Blizzard never said that. And If there would be no LFR, people would just do more normal. It's simple.
    Well, not quite. They did say something along the lines of LFR having high enough participation rates for them to justify allocating more of their development efforts and budget towards it. You see that with the use of more voice acting, storyline integration, cutscenes and whatnot.

There was never a point where they actually hesitated as to whether or not they should continue making raids though, as they're literally the killer feature of WoW. Removing raids from WoW would be like removing Search from Google.