View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would instantly quit, because I like to be challenged. There is a reason why WoW has free-loot content like LFR/WorldQuests and there is a reason why WoW has mythics+15, real raiding and rated PvP.
    Simply because different people like different things and people are of different skill level. If you are a casual you can do LFR and be fine with it. If you like a little bit more spice you can do harder content.

It is good the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What about the time you spend finding a guild, applying to a guild, proving to random strangers you're not mentally challenged to follow a simple rotation, getting betrayed, losing your spot to someone's girlfriend..

That's more than 45 min worth of your time in my book..
    Ah another quality thread by Tikcol. The other such thread included 'guilds have no place in mmos'.
    GM of Death Jesters - Stormrage US - Daddy Ashbringer
    Twitch.tv/spartysmallwood
    Building a better community, one player at a time.

Yo i'm aware that everyone is allowed their opinion. I'm going to say my opinion.

I think LFR has single handedly destroyed any sense of community left in this game
    I think LFR has rewarded mediocrity thus slowly creating this retarded "MMO" type game we have now

LFR to me literally destroyed what made this game so much fun in the first place
    It was vanilla WoW/BC/WOTLK that drew me into this game...I only stayed around in the expansions after that because of the friendships i made during the first 3 expansions without LFR.

I know my opinion isn't shared by many but i honestly hate LFR and the concept that it's brought to this beloved game that i once loved.

I hate the fact that there are so many godamn difficulty versions for every bit of content in this game now.
    I hate the idea that instead of being encouraged to get better...you get a clap for participation.

I hate that mediocrity is constantly rewarded
    I hate the fact that casual players make up the majority of the playerbase so Blizzard unfortunately must cater to them.

I want to find a new game where it's fresh...where the hardcore outweigh the Casual
    When i started playing WoW and i saw Onyxx the Scarab Lord from Nurfed on Blackrock US in Burning crusade in full T6 from black temple with thunderfury/bulwalk...i didn't think to myself "Oh this game is bullshit" I remember thinking...That is the most badass fucking shit i've ever seen in this game...I want to play it more so eventually i'll get to be that guy on the server.

Deep down i think most people would enjoy being known as the "best" of something on a server. Or being apart of the "best guild" Or having the "best items"

Maybe i'm just on a nostalgia trip and i'm missing all the terrible shit from BC but the one thing i do remember back in those days is that i never wanted to log off..there was always something to do....the game didn't feel like a chore...i could log on and just do anything...I was playing Vanilla/BC/WOTLK during school as well so i technicalyl was probably only playing 20-30 hours a week which isn't that much at all.

We don't need anything else

Not only are non-raiders doing LFR, but most raiders also run LFR as well, either on their mains or on their alts. I mean, during any expansion before LFR, Blizzard would kill for a 25%~30% participation rate for raids. But LFR’s 70% participation rate clearly blows the new "flexible" raiding out of the water as a second stringer in terms of how successful its implementation is, and in fact LFR’s participation rate is often times higher than other raid difficulties COMBINED.
    You do realize that a lot of people run LFR because it's free and easy AP, as well as go in there for objectives like the class hall mission, hatchling quest, etc.? Your statistics are inflated, the amount of people running LFR and being content at it being their only form of raiding is significantly lower than you think. I hate doing PvP, but hey there's a weekly quest with a decent sized AP reward every few weeks, the surge of people doing PvP at that point doesn't make PvP better, it's people going in for a quick reward and getting the fuck out... like LFR.

Come back when you spend more than 5 minutes thinking about these numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    Ah another quality thread by Tikcol. The other such thread included 'guilds have no place in mmos'.
    Shit, really?
    This guy is major Genuiz

Amazed his caretakers are letting him on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Blizzard never said that. And If there would be no LFR, people would just do more normal. It's simple.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ine-Blue-Posts
    Ion Hazzikostas said it

I did read, Blizzard said things, never acted on it, so...
    Why does whether or not they acted on a statement matter? Somebody misquoted Blizzard, you claimed they never said anything of the sort at all, I corrected you and said they did actually say something similar to that, and then you went off on some weird tangent about fan service completely unrelated to what I posted.

I'm not sure you realize that I agree with you completely when you say the removal of LFR would just drive more players towards Normal and have little to no negative impact on the game. You're arguing with the wrong person here.

I voted yes! best trolling ever

Even if they said it, they never going to act on it, because they would get a lot of hate, a lot of people would unsubscribe. There is a REASON why Heroic and Mythic exists and will for as long as WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    And how much of those people that saw it were people that done higher difficulty than LFR.
    How much were alts?

If you give something a big enough carrot you can even make people eat poo for gear.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Why does whether or not they acted on a statement matter? Somebody misquoted Blizzard, you claimed they never said anything of the sort at all, I corrected you and said they did actually say something similar to that, and then you went off on some weird tangent about fan service completely unrelated to what I posted.

I'm not sure you realize that I agree with you completely when you say the removal of LFR would just drive more players towards Normal and have little to no negative impact on the game. You're arguing with the wrong person here.
    Just because i quoted you doesn't mean that I argue with you, I disproved that statement, there is nothing more to discuss.

Just because i quoted you doesn't mean that I argue with you, I disproved that statement, there is nothing more to discuss.
    LFR directly increased player participation in raids and thus increased the amount of development effort and budget allocated towards raids. Nothing about that is an opinion, it's literally a thing that happened. There's nothing to "argue" or "disprove" here, you might as well be claiming that the ground is purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    I hate that mediocrity is constantly rewarded
    I hate the fact that casual players make up the majority of the playerbase so Blizzard unfortunately must cater to them.
    Although I do agree with few things you've said, I have to say this. If you started playing back in Vanilla or even TBC, you were one of those casuals

But times change, and casual player from 2004 is considered hardcore player in 2016, cuz on average games became much more accesible and casual... But back in the day, oh man, you're pleb if you played WoW and not EQ, RO, or even UO

The perfect raid system that would be unanimously beloved by all players was almost perfected in Wrath and WoD, but technology wasn't there yet, but with the addition of Flex, the perfect raid system would finally be realized if Blizzard took the steps toward accomplishing it.

The perfect raid system is:

- ONE difficulty
    - Bosses SCALE with # of players
    - "Mythic" bosses that are available to everyone, but mechanically speaking are miles ahead of all other bosses. Such as Algalon, Ra-den and Cho'Gall.

Example: take current tier EN.

Nythendra and Ursoc would be "normal mode" bosses, having the difficulty of normal bosses regardless of the team is a bunch of LFR kids or mythic raiders.
    Il'gynoth, Elerethe, Dragons and Cenarius would be more difficult, requiring strategy and careful attention to mechanics. The "mid-tier" bosses of the raid.
    Xavius would be incredibly challenging, a heroic-tuned encounter that most super casual guilds would struggle with, but defeating him would be an incredible accomplishment and a sense of relief, rather than "time to start a new difficulty grind yay..".
    Then, the incredibly challenging Algalon-tuned "final" boss that preserves the PvE race for mythic guilds but has a feeling of being accessible to everyone. Say, after Xavius, you can click on the remnant of the void to enter a special encounter with a "Void Monstrosity" or something. super difficult, like one wrong step wipes the guild difficult. Like half an hour long difficult so only the truly badass of the badasses could even hope to defeat it.

One difficulty, but bosses have varying difficulty and the mythic world-first race is preserved by an optional content boss that takes extreme dedication and coordination to defeat.

What does this accomplish? Bosses have a natural progression in power as you head deeper into the dungeon, preserving the RPG fantasy feeling, and removing the video-gamey sliding numbers ARPG system WoW currently has. Guilds no longer have to recruit for difficulty or iLvL, only competence and willingness to progress naturally with the guild. (For example, right now, if you recruit for heroic or mythic you can't bring in the 80% of potential players geared for normal). Finally, a single unified difficulty makes Blizzard able to fine-tune the raid to perfection with numbers where they feel the numbers should be.

Rather than "we're 7/7H, 2/7M LFM!" You can say "we're 6/7 LFM!" And it would have the same effect.

With warforged, titanforged and legendaries now in the game through casual content, the need for higher difficulties to award higher iLvL loot no longer needs to be preserved. Though naturally, the further into the raid you go, the higher the pieces of gear (which currently works this way anyways).
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-11-25 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    LFR directly increased player participation in raids and thus increased the amount of development effort and budget allocated towards raids. Nothing about that is an opinion, it's literally a thing that happened. There's nothing to "argue" here, you might as well be trying to argue that the ground is purple.
    Then go back a couple of pages and then report back on how this statement came to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Although I do agree with some thing you've said, I have to say this. If you started playing back in Vanilla or even TBC, you were one of those casuals

But times change, and casual player from 2004 is considered hardcore player in 2016, cuz on average games became much more accesible and casual... But back in the day, oh man, you're pleb if you played WoW and not EQ, RO, or even UO
    RO wasn't hard.
    It was just grindy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
    Still the best MMO time I've ever had.

Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-11-25 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    RO wasn't hard.
    It was just grindy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
    Still the best MMO time I've ever had.
    Still harder than WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    It is indeed one of those games that are meant to be not challenging
    That is sadly where you are wrong. Aspects of the game are made some, but just to make room so other sides can be different.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Then go back a couple of pages and then report back on how this statement came to this thread.
    Really? You want me to go back an arbitrary number of pages to find a vague statement you can't bother to link or even describe when you couldn't follow from one post to the next in our conversation? Why don't you do some of the leg work here?
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2016-11-25 at 05:10 PM.