Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I don't really care if people use foodstamps, so I think it shouldn't be taken away. Foodstamps is what? 30 dollars a year from me? I gladly pay it if it helps someone, the whole welfare/foodstamp queens is grossly blown out of proportion.
    Foodstamps affect you more than you think.

They inflate goods prices because companies prefer to sell those items for cold hard cash. So everyone ends up paying more, people with foodstamps get less items per stamp and you pay more for the same item.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    Foodstamps affect you more than you think.

They inflate goods prices because companies prefer to sell those items for cold hard cash. So everyone ends up paying more, people with foodstamps get less items per stamp and you pay more for the same item.
    Companies are refunded by the state when items are sold for stamps. My father is a social worker for the state he resides in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Do I? No. However, we live a on a budget. I could apply, and receive, foodstamps, but we don't, because we don't need them. That is the point.

People need to act their wage

Do I see this type of frivolous spending, only when I shop near the beginning or end of the month. Maybe it's just a coincidence the shittiest cuts of meat go on "sale" and people go nuts over it.

What concerns me the most is not the steak or shrimp ( Why are you stocking up on "store good meat" and seafood) then have 6 boxs of fucking hotpockets? 2 5lb bags of sugar and kool aid mix. Not exactly a healthy food purchase.

This kinda shit, is what our tax dollars go to. This is a problem.

Edited: Incase you didn't get it. People shouldn't be using tax payer dollars to buy "premium" shit cuts of meat at ridiculous prices while achieving the lowest fucking nutritional value possible with food stamp money.
    Really don't see what your problem is here other than you've stereotyped people into a one-size-fits-all box that likely is very exaggerated. This is the same right-wing crap that Reagan hyped with his "welfare Cadillac" bullshit in the 80s, and some of you are still stuck on that meme.

Frankly it's none of your goddamned business what people using FS buy as their food choices as long as it's allowed under the program, any more than it's their business what you buy. If they decide to "waste" their funds on what you consider lower nutritional value or expensive items - that's up to them. For all you know, they could be buying a few things that they're missing to make something else, or for any number of reasons.

Besides, you as a right-winger certainly wouldn't want the mean old gubmint telling people what they can and can't eat, would you?

As if you actually give a shit that they get decent nutrition at all.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-11-25 at 03:15 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cageforever View Post
    some people are gonna just have to get jobs i guess.
    There are people with jobs who still rely on food stamps due to family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Besides, you as a right-winger certainly wouldn't want the mean old gubmint telling people what they can and can't eat, would you?
    "Don't tell me what to do! Tell them what to do!"

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    Yes, I agree that rich people are the only ones with the MONEY to create opportunities for the poor. So, unless they ARE going to create opportunities for the poor, then having children while poor is not a good idea.

That's like telling your father, while he is taking care of you because you are too poor to take care of yourself, that you should be able to have children of your own even though he is not going to take care of your children. Bad idea.
    The point is that is a bad idea for society if the birth rates drop even lower, a lot of people(under the current system in the US) will never get out of poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The point is that is a bad idea for society if the birth rates drop even lower, a lot of people(under the current system in the US) will never get out of poverty.
    Until rich people decide it's in their best interest to worry about it, it's a bad idea to birth children when you have no money to take care of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until rich people decide it's in their best interest to worry about it, it's a bad idea to birth children when you have no money to take care of them.
    If the government helps you out, I think its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    If the government helps you out, I think its fine.
    If someone gives you money, then you have money to take care of them. It's still a bad idea if you have no money.

This thread has a lot of "won't someone think of the children?" which is pretty OT considering that the policy change only impacted able-bodied people without children.

Deleted
    Don't you just hate it when you actually have to put in work to earn things. Damn society

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I don't really care if people use foodstamps, so I think it shouldn't be taken away. Foodstamps is what? 30 dollars a year from me? I gladly pay it if it helps someone, the whole welfare/foodstamp queens is grossly blown out of proportion.
    According to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supple...stance_Program) the foodstamp program costed USD 74.1 billion in 2014.
    The average employed labour force in the USA during 2014 was roughly 148 million persons.

This means the program on average costed USD 501 during 2014 for each employed person (emphasis on AVERAGE).

I have zero problem with not lending help to able-bodied people who refuse to help themselves. If someone wants help, I will help them. I have never had a problem helping those who actually need it, but I find it illogical and unnecessary to aid those who are unwilling to help themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone gives you money, then you have money to take care of them. It's still a bad idea if you have no money.
    Thats why i'm against the idea of not giving welfare to families with kids.

I could never be one of those people who perpetually lives off government assistance. Talk about not having any dignity. How embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    Don't you just hate it when you actually have to put in work to earn things. Damn society
    Yeah, like those millions of people who work their asses off and get crap wages.

Or those relative few who sit on their asses pontificating, doing little of productive value making millions and billions in "compensation packages".

Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    I could never be one of those people who perpetually lives off government assistance. Talk about not having any dignity. How embarrassing.
    Everyone would take free money if it was given to them. Some people are fine with just having free money. Others want more then free money. That's the only difference.

Everyone would take free money if it was given to them. Some people are fine with just having free money. Others want more then free money. That's the only difference.
    Well they say most households in America receive at least some form of government assistance which is pretty crazy when you think about it. But a lot of those households pay taxes and are just trying to get some of their money back from the system. Just like when I get old enough to collect SS you're damn right I'm going to take that money because I've been paying into it my entire life. I'm more talking about people who live off free stuff and never contribute. It's called following the path of least resistance.

Companies are refunded by the state when items are sold for stamps. My father is a social worker for the state he resides in.
    Yes of course they are. But since its the state paying they increase the prices and no one gives a flying fuck AT THE STATE level that prices are higher.

But you, go and buy that same food at inflated price, only this time the cash comes out of your pocket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i have a question. why does poor americans (and lower middle class ones) see the super rich with that level of admiration, and hate their fellow comrades? it's because they think that some day they will be rich too? That's why they dont really want to put any regulation on the rich?
    Yes becuse of the american dream, poor people do not see themself as poor, but as millionaires who have temporary insolvency.

Then we have the totem pole or ladder factor. If poor peopel can make ultra-poor peopel even poorer, the ultra-poor fall down a couple of step on the totem pole hence the poor peopel feel that they rise on the totem pole, becuse of the gap between poor and ultra-poor increases.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-11-25 at 07:07 PM.