Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I've not played since crystal and don't currently own a 3DS - Worth picking up a bundle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Use the munchlax you get as a gift and be sure you have hold back and yarn. (he gets it when it evolves)

Use yarn on 1.st turn, then hold back on second. Pokemon who are sleeping cant call for help.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Team Skull's basically a bunch of try-hards, and most of the in-game characters know it, which is what makes them great. They're basically a laughing stock, unlike melodramatic previous teams.
    I love it. I actually laughed for the first time in a Pokemon game when I saw the trial leader from the first island outright ignoring them at the marina.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant fucking stop listening to Gladion's battle theme.
    I normally don't care too much for the soundtrack in these games, but the over the top tune for this edge lord is just my cup of ear orgasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I just had a fight that upon reaching 1 hp a tentacool called for help 6 times in a row after i killed the help. It makes catching pokemon alot more work than it needs to be sometimes.
    Agreed. It's annoying as hell trying to catch a Pokémon, but they keep calling for help and the game won't allow you to throw any poke balls until there is only one Pokémon left. Like wtf? Makes it very tedious at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Team Skull's basically a bunch of try-hards, and most of the in-game characters know it, which is what makes them great. They're basically a laughing stock, unlike melodramatic previous teams.
    So people are actually enjoying having a villain team whose main goal is to steal Pokémon (just like Team Rocket back in the original games......so original) and are nothing but a bunch of punk ass, street thug, wiggers who want to make me vomit every time they open their mouths? Whose lines and actions are so fucking corny that they actually make me cringe every time they show up on the screen? Wow. People's expectations are pretty damn low this time around.

best bet is to wait on catching pichu untill you can buy luxury balls after the trial.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely freaking love Team Skull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikon View Post
    So I've not played since crystal and don't currently own a 3DS - Worth picking up a bundle?
    It's one of the best Pokemon games I've ever played, but is it worth the price of a 3DS? /shrug

If there are other games you are interested in then absolutely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    So people are actually enjoying having a villain team whose main goal is to steal Pokémon (just like Team Rocket back in the original games......so original) and are nothing but a bunch of punk ass, street thug, wiggers who want to make me vomit every time they open their mouths? Whose lines and actions are so fucking corny that they actually make me cringe every time they show up on the screen? Wow. People's expectations are pretty damn low this time around.
    Finally a team who is genuinely bad and not maniacs who think they are doing the greater good like Hitler.

Was getting tired of said maniac psychopaths, Team Skull are funny and bad at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Serebiis page on sos battles has this to say

S.O.S. Battles can happen in any battle, but due to the Effort Point element and Shiny Pokémon element, you may wish to force it to carry on. There are many ways to make S.O.S. Battles more likely. The first is to simply keep the Pokémon at a low amount of health. A move such as a False Swipe will work for this. Here, the Pokémon has a higher chance of calling for help. It won't call for help if it currently has assistance.

Seems the old false swipe method causes more call for helps. It probably quicker to use a sleeper and nest balls now.
    So the attack used exclusively for catching pokemon doesn't work because they will always try to call for help.

It's ridiculously pointless. The very least they could have done is make it so the summoned pokemon couldn't call for help.

Today is a good day to get a 3DS if you live in the US. There is a version of the New Nintendo 3DS system on sale at Target, Wal-mart, and Gamestop for $99. The super mario edition.

Good luck.

Target: White version
    http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-3ds...d/-/A-51443883

Wal-mart has both versions:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Ninte...ition/54906123
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Ninte...ition/54906125

Best buy has both. However, all the ones online are sold out, so you need to check your local store. Again, good luck.
    Last edited by Demona3; 2016-11-25 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So the attack used exclusively for catching pokemon doesn't work because they will always try to call for help.

It's ridiculously pointless. The very least they could have done is make it so the summoned pokemon couldn't call for help.
    Nah not pointless chaining sos has some benifits. As per seriebii.

As the S.O.S. Battles chain, there are a variety of perks. As the chain increases, you have a higher chance of getting Pokémon with maximum IVs, capping at 4 max IVs. This is also the only way you can find Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities. In addition to that, the likelihood of encountering a Shiny Pokémon also increases.

Besides Nest balls make lower levels easy catches. Anything else can simply be brought down to yellow and or sleeped, infect most of my captured pokemong were between 50/20 with no sleep when I got em. I hardly ever got sos one or two successful ones per pass in the route. Red health probably gives them a massive increase in calling sos.

10+ Year Old Account

Got myself a Dugtrio or should i say... Dudetrio... I'll go and cry in the corner now.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe we've come upon the name Fabtrio. Works the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are tears of joy, I assume?

Deleted
    Ahahah making dugtrio a surfer meme is so wrong xD

10+ Year Old Account
    With the 100 dollar Black Friday 3DS, I'd definitely say it's worth it. You can play every single generation on the 3DS as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ahahah making dugtrio a surfer meme is so wrong xD
    You are wrong here:

Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooooooooo Mimikyu died. I trusted the doll decoy too much.

At least this game has Poke Pelago. For Nuzlocke runs it's pretty much the Pokemon version of Valhalla Rest well, my little warrior.

Yes actually, nobody see's them as a real threat, they are a laughing stock, however besides the fact that they are pretty funny and pathetic, team skull in itself sets the game up for the true villains.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Noooooooooo Mimikyu died. I trusted the doll decoy too much.

At least this game has Poke Pelago. For Nuzlocke runs it's pretty much the Pokemon version of Valhalla Rest well, my little warrior.
    That shit was creepy. And Mimikyu is...ugh. At least the fight was easy with Inceneroar.