Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Oh...wow...just....wow. I guess a SURGE in illegal immigration from major news sites is "random" now, huh? Ok, cupcake. Here is your participation trophy....
    Again, do you know what flat means?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...half-a-decade/

- - - Updated - - -

The vast majority of the polls I'm seeing there are correct.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I wonder how this pool would be if they had asked 1000 people from Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    But.. the polls were right, so I don't need to struggle. You are struggling to find a reason to call the polls wrong and you can't even identify what polls you are talking about.
    I don't need to struggle to find a reason the polls were wrong, because they were wrong. I literally walk outside and I'm surrounded by people who collectively understand that you can't trust the "official statistics" being fronted on a daily basis. "We" collectively understand that the pollsters were full of shit the entire time and attempting to front THEIR opinion as MAJORITY opinion.

I mean, I actively avoid talking about politics especially at work; but I have people who come up to me and talk about it and I haven't met anyone yet who in private conversation is willing to say they believe things like MSM public polling, Obama-fronted unemployment figures, etc. For example I had a guy walk up to me while I was working on a cash register at a Dollar General who struck up a conversation with me because he also used to be an IT subcontractor and he specifically asked me if I believed that <5% unemployment figure that was being fronted at the time, totally unprovoked by myself. (he told me he was also a certified electrician and currently unemployed, not the only guy like that I know in my line of work)

I guess that's all just anecdote and I'm living in my own bubble here in my own personal experience, but when the election was such an electoral landslide with all those red states; I can't help but feel that opinion is at least some way confirmed. And here you are still clinging to the notion that the polls saying Clinton was going to win in a landslide weren't really wrong. What's the gag?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    because every vote matters...oh wait....no it doesn't. GG electoral college
    Every vote does count -

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...116684423.html

I hope like hell McCrory is defeated...

Bullshite. Almost everyone I know wants the illegal "immigrants" gone - including real legal immigrants. Also, LOL at using NBC as a trusted news source. They need to be deported, every last one of them, our borders secured, and then if they want to immigrate here legally AND assimilate into American culture, they are more than welcome to. Until then, keep them the hell out of the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I don't need to struggle to find a reason the polls were wrong, because they were wrong. I literally walk outside and I'm surrounded by people who collectively understand that you can't trust the "official statistics" being fronted on a daily basis. "We" collectively understand that the pollsters were full of shit the entire time and attempting to front THEIR opinion as MAJORITY opinion.

I mean, I actively avoid talking about politics especially at work; but I have people who come up to me and talk about it and I haven't met anyone yet who in private conversation is willing to say they believe things like MSM public polling, Obama-fronted unemployment figures, etc. For example I had a guy walk up to me while I was working on a cash register at a Dollar General who struck up a conversation with me because he also used to be an IT subcontractor and he specifically asked me if I believed that <5% unemployment figure that was being fronted at the time, totally unprovoked by myself. (he told me he was also a certified electrician and currently unemployed, not the only guy like that I know in my line of work)

I guess that's all just anecdote and I'm living in my own bubble here in my own personal experience, but when the election was such an electoral landslide with all those red states; I can't help but feel that opinion is at least some way confirmed. And here you are still clinging to the notion that the polls saying Clinton was going to win in a landslide weren't really wrong. What's the gag?
    The polls didn't say Clinton was going to win in a landslide.
    -ynnady

Thanks, Tennisace, for discrediting everything you post by virtue of your name being attached to them.

OT: All I can say about the source cited is: Kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I do know, its a sampling error, and can be easily corrected
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Deleted
    How many Americans do you have to ask to make them "most Americans"? I believe most of them will die eventually sooner or later. Am I correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMathan View Post
    Bullshite. Almost everyone I know wants the illegal "immigrants" gone - including real legal immigrants. Also, LOL at using NBC as a trusted news source. They need to be deported, every last one of them, our borders secured, and then if they want to immigrate here legally AND assimilate into American culture, they are more than welcome to. Until then, keep them the hell out of the USA.
    Only once you can fully assimilate into a tolerant society. Your intolerance and bigotry in a nation of immigrants is unsettling. The only immigrants that need to go are the illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    #1 Many would rather not become citizens. There are a lot of benefits to not being a citizen.
    #2 We're about to legalize a lot of unskilled workers. Do we really want to do that? Unskilled workers who would have to get paid minimum wage, who rarely are able to speak English. A lot of them would just end up using our social programs.
    #3 Doesn't this just open our borders for anyone to come in? Most countries are extremely selective of who they bring in. Usually only someone who can contribute can come in.
    #1 Any proof to back that claim? Doubt many want to live a life of fear of deportation.

#2 "Unskilled workers" exist everywhere, even among U.S. born citizens. At least they work.

#3 Depends on the country. Some only check criminal history, others require something different. Again, loafers and lowlives exist everywhere. Want to just deport anyone that lives off on welfare and don't work? Again the primary factor that keeps an immigrant illegal is paperwork.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMathan View Post
    Yeah! My European ancestors had a much easier path to immigration and now that I am here "Fuck the rest of them".

Unintended Consequences of US Immigration Policy: Explaining the Post-1965 Surge from Latin America\

To make it simple, since you seem to be one of these people I need to keep it simple with.

Europeans had much easier and relaxed immigration policies since we needed cheap labor and people to populate the land. Now our immigration is much more difficult, why we sill want/love cheap labor.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Shouldn't all states have equal importance?
    Nope. That's not how our Constitution was set up. In fact, if the system had not been setup the way it was, we never would have become a country. Is that a good system to have in today's age? Maybe not, but to change the Constitution is long and arduous process that requires ratification by 2/3 of the states. Since none of the lower population states who benefit most from the electoral college will vote for such an amendment, you can bet it won't reach that 2/3 threshold.

It might seem like a strange system to a non-American, or to someone who hasn't studied American history in the late 1700s, but it's the system we have. Besides, the worst part of US elections is how many people end up becoming president without even reaching 50% of the popular vote. Just in my lifetime, by election year, that's 2016, 2000, 1996, and 1992. Bill Clinton won the presidency in '92 with only 43% of the vote, meaning 57% of the country had someone else as their first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Nope. That's not how our Constitution was set up. In fact, if the system had not been setup the way it was, we never would have become a country. Is that a good system to have in today's age? Maybe not, but to change the Constitution is long and arduous process that requires ratification by 2/3 of the states. Since none of the lower population states who benefit most from the electoral college will vote for such an amendment, you can bet it won't reach that 2/3 threshold.

It might seem like a strange system to a non-American, or to someone who hasn't studied American history in the late 1700s, but it's the system we have. Besides, the worst part of US elections is how many people end up becoming president without even reaching 50% of the popular vote. Just in my lifetime, by election year, that's 2016, 2000, 1996, and 1992. Bill Clinton won the presidency in '92 with only 43% of the vote, meaning 57% of the country had someone else as their first pick.
    It doesn't require a change to the constitution. There are other ways. If 270 worth of electoral votes are in states that set up rules for their electors to only vote for the person with the popular vote, it negates the college. With population shifts the way they are due to the success of liberal states and the failure of conservative states economically, this is possible eventually.
    -ynnady

It doesn't require a change to the constitution. There are other ways. If 270 worth of electoral votes are in states that set up rules for their electors to only vote for the person with the popular vote, it negates the college. With population shifts the way they are due to the success of liberal states and the failure of conservative states economically, this is possible eventually.
    Yes, individual states can enact measures that split the vote. Yet, since the political incentive exists for them to do the opposite, why would political leadership of either party proactively choose to do this?

You're talking about pipe dream. There is a solution to this problem, it was outlined clearly in the Constitution: 2/3 majority vote.

BTW, a much more realistic agreement is that the states EC votes will be split among the candidates that merit them; not that states will decide to mirror the national vote because that's total nonsense.

The only states that have agreed to do that are all states that would gladly abolish the electoral college anyway. You think any swing state wants to get rid of all the cash and jobs that flow into their state every 4 years? It'll never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Yes, individual states can enact measures that split the vote. Yet, since the political incentive exists for them to do the opposite, why would political leadership of either party proactively choose to do this?

You're talking about pipe dream. There is a solution to this problem, it was outlined clearly in the Constitution: 2/3 majority vote.

BTW, a much more realistic agreement is that the states EC votes will be split among the candidates that merit them; not that states will decide to mirror the national vote because that's total nonsense.
    Political leadership in blue states could choose to do this if the trends continue and blue states continue to be disempowered compared to failed red states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    The only states that have agreed to do that are all states that would gladly abolish the electoral college anyway. You think any swing state wants to get rid of all the cash and jobs that flow into their state every 4 years? It'll never happen
    Those states cant abolish the electoral college themselves though.
    -ynnady

Political leadership in blue states could choose to do this if the trends continue and blue states continue to be disempowered compared to failed red states.
    Yes. Not exactly the outcome you were looking for, is it?

Do Tennisface get reduced bans? Usually they are longer and longer for how often you are banned, surely his should be 6 months now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    How many Americans do you have to ask to make them "most Americans"? I believe most of them will die eventually sooner or later. Am I correct?
    Well we know the results of the survey. It's time to apply them to policy.

How do we create a path to citizenship for them?