Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    The issue is that exit poll data is the determining factor in the current recounts. Thus, if that's the case, we should also go back and look at the primaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, its' the exact same thing, discrepancies in exit poll data.
    Given this fact + the response of the opponent. Ruling on the field stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Well if it's true then by all means recount it, but if it's not, it's going to make the situation even worse because they'd theoretically lose a second time. There was an article though that you could vote multiple times by using a bugged keycard, but I guess those would be found out so fast and removed pretty much instantly.
    How can she lose a second time? She just remains lost. But it is important to find out for the nation if there is tampering with the voting machines for future elections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    The issue is that exit poll data is the determining factor in the current recounts. Thus, if that's the case, we should also go back and look at the primaries.
    No, their central argument is about splitting states between those with a paper trail for votes, and those without, and noting that other differences emerge with that split. Which could have been hacking, but could also just be random variance; they did nothing to establish anything.

It may have been enough for Sanders to push back, but he chose not to, so that's where this ends, anyway.

Her campaign team said it would formally file in Wisconsin before the 5pm ET deadline to do so; the recount motion deadlines for the other two states are next week.
    This is according to the Guardian. Her web site says she will file on Friday for Wisconsin, and Monday for Pennsylvania for sure. We'll know about Wisconsin in less than 2 hours from now (3:38 EST). Wednesday is the Michigan deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is according to the Guardian. Her web site says she will file on Friday for Wisconsin, and Monday for Pennsylvania for sure. We'll know about Wisconsin in less than 2 hours from now (3:38 EST). Wednesday is the Michigan deadline.
    Sorry, her website? Source?

I guess I'll wait in breathless anticipation like everyone else while the clock ticks out.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2016-11-25 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Sorry, her website? Source?

I guess I'll wait in breathless anticipation like everyone else while the clock ticks out.
    http://elections.wi.gov/node/4436

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any particular reason that votes from American citizens are not equal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I couldn't bring myself to vote for either candidate, but if I had, it would have probably been Trump. That being said, I love your comment. She has a VERY REAL chance of winning 2020 with enough effort and campaigning. I'd rather see a different candidate take it, but I absolutely love your attitude.

I'm so tired of the people who still have Kerry bumper stickers whining about Hillary losing because everyone in the country is racist.

Thanks for being reasonable.
    She's gonna be way too old for this, just like Trump already is. So I don't think so, let's let the young people in again, like Kennedy, Obama, Roosevelt or Clinton.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    What do you mean not equal

Deleted
    What president would she be after she was silent on twitter for weeks now? She lost, not just the election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's not Clinton calling for it - and if it had been the other way around there WOULD have been a recount no matter what.
    My statement was aimed more towards Jill Stein/anyone supporting this silly idea.

My statement also isn't politically motivated...I'd say the same thing if Clinton won and Trump supporters tried to fund a recount.

Some areas are a lot more populated than others and have completely different ways of life. Doing a vote system like this is ideally "fairer" as it protects interest of everyone in the whole country. This is up for debate regularly, understandably so.

States with huger cities are naturally more heavily populated, so if it was 1 person = 1 vote then more populated states would dominate over any other states wishes or needs. Candidates could entire ignore or screw over all the people in rural areas just to please people in the cities.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    [URL="https://www.verifiedvoting.org/verifier/#year/2016/state/26"]Michigan uses no electronic ballots.
    My post linked to one of the persons starting this: J. Alex Halderman, Professor of Computer Science, University of Michigan.
    I would assume he knows how voting works in Michigan, and also how to hack the electronic vote counting machines - that is used to tally the paper ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Some areas are a lot more populated than others and have completely different ways of life. Doing a vote system like this is ideally "fairer" as it protects interest of everyone in the whole country. This is up for debate regularly, understandably so.

States with huger cities are naturally more heavily populated, so if it was 1 person = 1 vote then more populated states would dominate over any other states wishes or needs. Candidates could entire ignore or screw over all the people in rural areas just to please people in the cities.
    That has nothing to do with the electoral college though. When the Constitution was written, America simply didn't have any giant megacities capable of dominating the electoral process. In 1790, New York and Philadelphia were the biggest cities with around 30,000 people each, while at the same London and Beijing had close to a million. So while perhaps leading Federalists may have had dreams of building a modern nation with dense urban centers filled with banks and corporations, that was simply not the reality the founding fathers lived in.

They are. Your vote is equal to everyone else's participating in your statewide election. There are no national elections in the United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have no evidence of foul play. Still though, get fucked Wisconsin

I hope evidence is found so this isn't a colossal waste of resources.

I wonder how much more money Jill Stein is going to say she needs to raise to fight the good fight, it's up to 7 million now from 2.5 at the start. Gotta keep milking those cows.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    We have no evidence of foul play. Still though, get fucked Wisconsin

I hope evidence is found so this isn't a colossal waste of resources.
    I hope that the result is clear - if we see that the evidence shows that there wasn't foul play we are still better off than having suspicion that something was wrong without knowing. If we find evidence of foul play that is obviously even more important.

Think of it as Olympic gold medalists - they are tested for doping-substances; even if we have no indication of any foul play.

Or consider the Austrian presidential election - that is being re-done, since it was done improperly, and there could have been foul play - even if no-one showed that the result was incorrect.

Jill Stein, the Green party’s candidate in the US presidential election, formally filed a motion for a recount in Wisconsin on Friday as her funding effort for counting the votes again in three states passed $5m.
    This is according to the Guardian. Only source I found mentioning whether it happened or not. I didn't look too hard though. On the other hand, it seems that this would be newsworthy enough (whether she filed or did not file) that it would merit at least a mention on many of the sites I checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop with this.

The recount is on, at least for Wisconsin.

The rest of Shilary's "firewall" is next.

http://elections.wi.gov/node/4436

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jill-ste...-need-to-know/