Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Blood elves are defiantly not weaker high elves.
    interesting how youd din't comment on the night elves being way weaker trolls comment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Though the gameplay aspect of player Druids then going 'oh ok well I'm going in there and fighting while you stay here' makes it seem a bit silly.
    Malfurion is no where near as mary sue as some have him in their minds.. malfurion uses wit, intelligence and good character to outsmart vastly more powerful foes. At least that's the what Knaak is attempting to portray

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    This was a long ramble.
    Lol yeah, it was like, the longest shit I ever read from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The implications for that are quite interesting in general after all and how much the horde might have changed them. The night elves see it as insulting, but it seems the blood elves don't see it that way anymore, otherwise the blood elves would insult themselves with these figurines, since they are related to the night elves.
    Yeah, it's like "let's mock Night Elves with that precise thing they're still insanely butthurt about".

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    interesting how youd din't comment on the night elves being way weaker trolls comment
    Well, saying that Blood Elves are physically weaker than High Elves make absolutely no sense as they're pretty much the same shit. Night Elves being "way weaker" than Trolls is sort of an overstatement if we compare them to Jungle Trolls (both possessing a vaguely similar slender physique) but if we talk of Forest or Ice or Zandalari Trolls then yes, Night Elves in comparison are blatantly weaker and smaller from a physical standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Malfurion was captured and humiliated by the image of xavius. That tells everything there is to know about Malfurion's weak power level. Want to grow a garden? Sure, call Malfurion. Want to destroy an army? You should rather call Meklin Mekkatorgue.
    Pretty sure for all the advance magic they have the nightborne and blood elf would not be able to handle Malfurion if he really marks them as enemies. Xavius was one of the most powerful mages once. Good thing is Malfurion has a great sense of responsibility and has a burden of neutrality as the leader of CC.

Also, make no mistake when talking about how advance the elves's societies are in magic department, druidism and arcane arts are both arts of magic.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-11-25 at 02:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Good thing is Malfurion has a great sense of responsibility and has a burden of neutrality as the leader of CC.
    Less of a good thing that he runs into obvious traps out of temper tamtrums though, especially when we have to bear the blame from his even more hot-headed wife.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-11-25 at 02:48 AM. Reason: changed a certain character's gender
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Less of a good thing that he runs into obvious traps out of temper tamtrums though, especially when we have to bear the blame from her even more hot-headed wife.
    People fuk up from time to time. Cut him some slack. Only Ysera had to die, no major loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    People fuk up from time to time. Cut him some slack. Only Ysera had to die, no major loss.
    I would have more easily forgiven him if goddamn Tyrande didn't start bullying me for him. That wasn't nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, saying that Blood Elves are physically weaker than High Elves make absolutely no sense as they're pretty much the same shit. Night Elves being "way weaker" than Trolls is sort of an overstatement if we compare them to Jungle Trolls (both possessing a vaguely similar slender physique) but if we talk of Forest or Ice or Zandalari Trolls then yes, Night Elves in comparison are blatantly weaker and smaller from a physical standpoint.
    i always thought it was the other way round for high/blood elves. I always thought that high elves were the stronger psychologically and spiritually - because the story has them refusing to take the "easier"option out - using fel magic despite their obvious addiction pangs and suffering from the dispersion of the sunwell. To me that speaks of immense strength, spiritually and psychologically and to still survive too, sticking to your principles - they have come off as the stronger in that regard.

Blood elves were stronger physically because blizzard wanted them that way, to fit into the horde, this is why the male model was changed, they were given a more aggressive approach - behading a dwarf, killing spies etc, that's a very aggressive approach, and very un-high elf like etc. And fel ofc was supposed to make you stronger physicaly anyway though it corrupts you.

So whiles the blood elves were amazing for enduring what they did and really pushing ahead, for me the high elves were always even moreso for resisting based on principle and sticking to it -that's strength... high elves however really lost their lustre and shine when blizzard started writing the silver covenant murdering sunreavers, that was out of character and marked a shift from the otherwise pristine image they had. Belves were stronger physically though

i always thought it was the other way round for high/blood elves. I always thought that high elves were the stronger psychologically and spiritually - because the story has them refusing to take the "easier"option out - using fel magic despite their obvious addiction pangs and suffering from the dispersion of the sunwell. To me that speaks of immense strength, spiritually and psychologically and to still survive too, sticking to your principles - they have come off as the stronger in that regard.
    For me personally it was never really about the easier route though, but rather the healthier one. High elves are so fanatic they are unwilling to compromise their position even with their kingdom and people on the brink of utter destruction, willing to cripple themselves and instigate civil unreat. That is not strength in my opinion, but rather lunacy, high elves are so full of pride and arrogance over their "correct" choice, despite hiding behind others and relying on them for protection.

So when the silver covenant was introduced I wasn't surprised what kind of people they were, a bunch of fanatic hardliners, waiting on their chance to strike. The only high elven group that truly tries to be self reliant and is trying to find their own path are those of Quel'danil.

- - - Updated - - -

It might have been Illusions, but oh hell that whining, kudos to the VA it was annoying as hell and I will never look at Malfurion the same way again ;P

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    its easier to say you are stronger when you get to cower behind others or are so few in number you dont have to worry about doing hard choices to save civilians. The majoirty of the High elves didnt even know what they were doing, and you should know this by now, its been repeated so many times, the average blood elf never knew about the fel.

And its not being spiritually or physically strong to cold turkey a mana addiction especially when doing so leads to the possibility of permanent mental of physical damage.

Blood elves were stronger physically because blizzard wanted them that way, to fit into the horde, this is why the male model was changed, they were given a more aggressive approach - behading a dwarf, killing spies etc, that's a very aggressive approach, and very un-high elf like etc. And fel ofc was supposed to make you stronger physicaly anyway though it corrupts you.
    you had elves torturing trolls for fun long before they became blood elves, High elves are no better than the blood elves.

So whiles the blood elves were amazing for enduring what they did and really pushing ahead, for me the high elves were always even moreso for resisting based on principle and sticking to it -that's strength... high elves however really lost their lustre and shine when blizzard started writing the silver covenant murdering sunreavers, that was out of character and marked a shift from the otherwise pristine image they had. Belves were stronger physically though
    Almost no high would have gone cold turkey especially out of principal, and im not sure how you think intentionally crippling yourself out of pride makes you somehow stronger then the men and woman who decided to actually get things done. And the silver covenant have always been little shites, not sure where you ever thought they would be anything else, especially with Vereesa leading them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The high elves in general are nothing impressive.

The elves Quel'Lithien succumb to addiction and become Wretched.

The elves in terokkar forest use draenei artifacts to feed.

Silver covenant are rubbish, an elf silver Silver covenant has sex with a demon !!

queldanial are very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    For me personally it was never really about the easier route though, but rather the healthier one. High elves are so fanatic they are unwilling to compromise their position even with their kingdom and people on the brink of utter destruction, willing to cripple themselves and instigate civil unreat. That is not strength in my opinion, but rather lunacy, high elves are so full of pride and arrogance over their "correct" choice, despite hiding behind others and relying on them for protection.

So when the silver covenant was introduced I wasn't surprised what kind of people they were, a bunch of fanatic hardliners, waiting on their chance to strike. The only high elven group that truly tries to be self reliant and is trying to find their own path are those of Quel'danil.

- - - Updated - - -

It might have been Illusions, but oh hell that whining, kudos to the VA it was annoying as hell and I will never look at Malfurion the same way again ;P
    I think you're presenting the blood elf point of view and it's designed to justify the compromise because they aren't going to beat themselves up about taking fel.

It was presented to us as a bad thing, not a good thing in WC3, using fel - regardless of the motives behind it, whether end result/goal was a good one like it is for Demon hunters (destroy the legion) or survival/self preservation (which it was for Kael/blood elves) we knew it was a bad thing. The whole point of the blood elves was that sometimes people do bad things for good reasons or at least it's hard to condemn them when it was a pressing need that resulted in it and they were suffering, we're meant to empathize with that, not conclude that it's right.

It brought the other side some semblance of humanity at least, one we could identify, a bit of weakness, compromise but for a good reason. The sad thing is that I notice some people now thinking it was okay, and now viewing the high elves refusing to compromise as a bad thing or crazy thing. When did knowing what is right and sticking to it become a bad thing? Let's not dance about it, in the same way it was cowardly for the nightborne to hide behind the shield and while we understand the fears etc it was a wrong thing, we can't think, no matter how much we like them, that the blood elves did a good thing, or that the high elves did bad for refusing to. That's will screw up your moral compass so bad and fast it's not worth it.

Let's level. High elves have the moral high ground there at least, they are meant to, it's what makes them high elves - now you may criticize them for being foolish etc for putting principle so high, but it's sad if you think that is wrong. What are we but our principles? Given how painful we know it was to abstain, and how tempting it was to do something or partake in something that would help but corrupt you and not wanting to do so even on pain of your own death, to me that is admirable.

It's good to do so, not compromise to evil or corruption especially when it's you you're putting on the line, not anyone else. Each elf made their own decision, we are given the reasons for them, you can be like me, and like the blood elves inspite of it, but not accept that it was some heroic thing they did or good thing, because it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's level. High elves have the moral high ground there at least, they are meant to, it's what makes them high elves - now you may criticize them for being foolish etc for putting principle so high, but it's sad if you think that is wrong. What are we but our principles? Given how painful we know it was to abstain, and how tempting it was to do something or partake in something that would help but corrupt you and not wanting to do so even on pain of your own death, to me that is admirable.

It's good to do so, not compromise to evil or corruption especially when it's you you're putting on the line, not anyone else. Each elf made their own decision, we are given the reasons for them, you can be like me, and like the blood elves inspite of it, but not accept that it was some heroic thing they did or good thing, because it wasn't.
    I dont know what year you are stuck in when it comes to knowledge on high elves and blood elves, but once again for probably the thousandth time, it never was about fel, the average elf, high or blood knew nothing of the fel. You do not have the moral high ground if the alternative is extinction, moral highground becomes an excuse at that point and it separated the weak from the strong. Those willing to save their race, and those that would cower behind others. Which is why I hope that Rommath and Lorthemar stay strong and never let the High elves back into Quel'thalas that are part of the SC.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Almost no high would have gone cold turkey especially out of principal, and im not sure how you think intentionally crippling yourself out of pride makes you somehow stronger then the men and woman who decided to actually get things done. And the silver covenant have always been little shites, not sure where you ever thought they would be anything else, especially with Vereesa leading them.
    Because I am one of those people still alive in the world that don't think the preservation of my life is the greatest good. If something is clearly wrong or evil or corrupting, i find it admirable for someone to be willing to lay down their own life (not someone else's, their's!) rather than compromise to save it, no matter what it costs them. I consider it a weakness not a strength to compromise like that in order to have a "fix" for myself. It's worse if i were doing it to feel better and that ultimately my life wasn't even at stake.

Anwyway, I thought that was the blood elf story, going down a dark path until they meet A'dal and it starts a turn around.

What blizzard wrote the Silver Covenant into becoming doesn't change that to me. I can dislike (which I do) or hate them (which I think you do) for their actions later on, but i'm not going to conclude a bad thing was good because i currently dislike or hate the group that distinguished itself primarily on that act.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-11-25 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ecause I am one of those people still alive in the world that don't think the preservation of my life is the greatest good. If something is clearly wrong or evil or corrupting, i find it admirable for someone to be willing to lay down their own life rather than compromise to it, no matter what it costs them. I consider it a weakness not a strength to compromise like that, in order to have a "fix" for myself. It's worse if i were doing it to feel better and that ultimately my life wasn't even at stake.
    if you want to die, sure whatever, that's not what the high elves did though, they wanted to drag the entire kingdom down with them, its why Lor'themar kicked them out. Its not being noble or brave, its being an idiot and an ass. Sure the high elves can show off on how they pulled through, with whatever few are left, but the Blood elves were the ones that ended up turning the sunwell back on, not the High elves, and the high elves were practically being babysat by the kirin'tor, The only High elves that practically didn't whore themselves out to the Alliance were the elves in the hinterlands. Not to mention once again you have forgotten that there are mental and physical permanent side effects sometimes from trying to meditate off of mana, so really the High elves were idiots through and through if that's what you think having the high ground in morals means then damn.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-11-25 at 08:15 PM.
    Holy shit lol

I dont know what year you are stuck in when it comes to knowledge on high elves and blood elves, but once again for probably the thousandth time, it never was about fel, the average elf, high or blood knew nothing of the fel. You do not have the moral high ground if the alternative is extinction, moral highground becomes an excuse at that point and it separated the weak from the strong. Those willing to save their race, and those that would cower behind others. Which is why I hope that Rommath and Lorthemar stay strong and never let the High elves back into Quel'thalas that are part of the SC.
    wait what are we talking about here now? I'm not arguing the justification of high elves continuing to remain high elves after the dust settles, or the deeds of the silver covenant. I viewed the high elves as stronger than their counterparts when they refused to use Fel magic to slake their thirsts. That was a difficult thing to do at the time, and the story talks about the high elves moritifeid at the blood elves for doing so. I'm not arguing here either how right or wrong it was for the high elves to hate the blood elves for doing that either. Just that it was very strong thing to resist such a temptation based on what they knew then, in order to satisfy their hunger. I note interestingly enough that the nightborne don't do that either - and their hunger pangs lead onto a fate worse than death, then certain death. Yet they are shown siphoning mana of crystals, but never living things - which despite their arrogance has an air of nobility to it - and to me paints a picture of how repulsive elves find the practice.

Which makes the demon hunters an interesting case, for all their nobility, it isn't one that is pure atm, though their path is excruciatingly painful for having taken corruption into themselves and fight off losing their souls to it in order to save the world. It's twisted in a way, but it's also very heroic - more anti-hero style. In their case a flawed person is justified by the pure intent of his heart which is shown by the actions he takes, despite obvious corruption being in him. The argument can be made for the blood elves after the fact, later on once their actions start working towards good and not evil, it doesn't make the high elves decision weaker, or lesser - it's actually more admirable in their situation to not have compromised. THat's how I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

if you want to die, sure whatever, that's not what the high elves did though, they wanted to drag the entire kingdom down with them, its why Lor'themar kicked them out. Its not being noble or brave, its being an idiot and an ass. Sure the high elves can show off on how they pulled through, with whatever few are left, but the Blood elves were the ones that ended up turning the sunwell back on, not the High elves, and the high elves were practically being babysat by the kirin'tor, The only High elves that practically didn't whore themselves out to the Alliance were the elves in the hinterlands. Not to mention once again you have forgotten that there are mental and physical permanent side effects sometimes from trying to meditate off of mana, so really the High elves were idiots through and through if that's what you think having the high ground in morals means then damn.
    That is arguable, but I'm not justifying the high elves reason to stay separate from the kingdom. As you point out not every blood elf took fel, some remained blood elves without that.. that's a different issue. Afterall some remark that it isn't the use or non-use of fel that is the cause of the sides the high /blood elves are on, but rather primarily that those who remain high elves were already very much human lovers or with them away from Quel'thalas when the tragedy happen, though there are some who did leave afterwards based on the direction they saw the blood elves going in general, and not wanting to be a part of that.

The lore does mention specifically those who remained high elves also characterized by refusing to use fel - I find that very admirable and actually consider them stronger willed and principled for it in a positive way than than those who did. Again the way the present it is that in general most high elves did, and in general blood elves did not..

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument can be made for the blood elves after the fact, later on once their actions start working towards good and not evil, it doesn't make the high elves decision weaker, or lesser - it's actually more admirable in their situation to not have compromised. THat's how I see it.
    so basically, do nothing , get carried by others to safety, and you are noble, but if you get your hands dirty and actually do some work, the lazy guy is better than you.

The lore does mention specifically those who remained high elves also characterized by refusing to use fel - I find that very admirable and actually consider them stronger willed and principled for it in a positive way than than those who did. Again the way the present it is that in general most high elves did, and in general blood elves did not..
    The high elves left because rommath taught people how to drain magical vermin, I didnt think id have to spell everything out for you. The high elves were idiots before anyone even knew about the fel, they would rather die and drag their kingdom that was already on the edge into extinction because they were too proud to kill mana wyrms. There is no moral high ground that the High elves have, only idiocy.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The Sunfury that weren't murdered all throughout BC's timeline.

Furthermore you can look for more and better equipement, that doesn't give you more people.

Once again people seem to forget how many High Elves were destroyed in Warcraft 3, including Blizzard. They act like the Blood Elves have an enormous army. They, by all rights, shouldn't. I mean the Night Elves don't really either, but they should still have more than the Blood Elves. Also in 7.1, the Emerald Nightmare raid has already happened storywise, so at the very least Malfurion SHOULD be pretending the Night Elves are in the Alliance by standing there.

At the very least the Night Elves should have more representation of their Druidism (Rather than just an ancient fighting stuff in the background of the quest chain) and Sentinels beyond just 6 of them running with Tyrande at the very end. There should have been Druids of the Claw and Talon fighting alongside Tyrande.

I mean the same applies to the Blood Elves. I love Liadrin but why the hell isn't Lor'themar there?
    I think Druidism took a big hit in EN lore. Probably recouping from the damage that was dealt.

Liadrin is the front runner for Blood Elves most of the time, she is a fan favorite. Her story is also interesting and fits whats happening a bit more then Lor'themar in the nighthold situation.

I think you're presenting the blood elf point of view and it's designed to justify the compromise because they aren't going to beat themselves up about taking fel.

It was presented to us as a bad thing, not a good thing in WC3, using fel - regardless of the motives behind it, whether end result/goal was a good one like it is for Demon hunters (destroy the legion) or survival/self preservation (which it was for Kael/blood elves) we knew it was a bad thing. The whole point of the blood elves was that sometimes people do bad things for good reasons or at least it's hard to condemn them when it was a pressing need that resulted in it and they were suffering, we're meant to empathize with that, not conclude that it's right.

It brought the other side some semblance of humanity at least, one we could identify, a bit of weakness, compromise but for a good reason. The sad thing is that I notice some people now thinking it was okay, and now viewing the high elves refusing to compromise as a bad thing or crazy thing. When did knowing what is right and sticking to it become a bad thing? Let's not dance about it, in the same way it was cowardly for the nightborne to hide behind the shield and while we understand the fears etc it was a wrong thing, we can't think, no matter how much we like them, that the blood elves did a good thing, or that the high elves did bad for refusing to. That's will screw up your moral compass so bad and fast it's not worth it.

The blood elves did not use fel for feed. They used fel to rebuild quelthalas and very few people knew about it.

The blood elves and the high elves fight by the elves of blood began to feed on small animals.

The high elves were vegans crazy when the children and the elders were dying

The Warcraft Encyclopedia
    . According to the top priests and medics on Azeroth, the only high elves who perished due to the Sunwell's loss were the very old, the very young, and elves who were already in poor health.

This is not to say, however, that withdrawal from magic would leave the blood elves unharmed. On the contrary, permanent mental or physical damage is possible.

Even so, the prince's relatively quick acceptance of dire measures (e.g., draining magic from demons) is by no means characteristic of blood elves in general. The blood elves of Outland have by now discovered Kael'thas' agreement with Illidan, and they have for the most part become convinced of its necessity. Most blood elves still live on Azeroth, though. Few of these elves know of Kael'thas' pact with Illidan, and many would be horrified if they discovered it. Draining magic from small mana-bearing vermin is a far cry from draining magic from demons.

high elves are traitors and crazy vegans who prefer to see children die before eating small animals

- - - Updated - - -

Because I am one of those people still alive in the world that don't think the preservation of my life is the greatest good. If something is clearly wrong or evil or corrupting, i find it admirable for someone to be willing to lay down their own life (not someone else's, their's!) rather than compromise to save it, no matter what it costs them. I consider it a weakness not a strength to compromise like that in order to have a "fix" for myself. It's worse if i were doing it to feel better and that ultimately my life wasn't even at stake.

Anwyway, I thought that was the blood elf story, going down a dark path until they meet A'dal and it starts a turn around.

What blizzard wrote the Silver Covenant into becoming doesn't change that to me. I can dislike (which I do) or hate them (which I think you do) for their actions later on, but i'm not going to conclude a bad thing was good because i currently dislike or hate the group that distinguished itself primarily on that act.
    Do you agree with people who prefer children and old and sick people to die instead of eating animals?
    Never treated of fel, always treated people who prefer to see others die before eating animals

For me the life of a child is more important than that of a vermin

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh...The Night Elves have always struggled with diplomacy both within the Alliance and with Neutral factions.

The Night Elves have a few more notable people not named Illidan, Tyrande, Malfurion, Maiev or Jarod who aren't dead but they're tied up in other things. Shandris Feathermoon needs some development for starters. She was a kid during the War of the Ancients and ended up being Tyrande's adopted kid sister. She now commands the Night Elves' main army. How does she not get ANY plot development?!

In regards to the Nightborne, I want both factions to get them but it will never happen. Certainly not after the Pandaren. There is definitely potential for them to join either or both factions for what I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    There was one guy on mmo-c forums that would pull up numbers from his ass and demonstrate us alliance and horde army strengths. I think we should consult to him. He is the guy you need for your questions.
    Ah, you mean @Aquamonkey.

He was such a smart lad. No one's seen him in a while though. I think he moved or something >.>;
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The blood elves did not use fel for feed. They used fel to rebuild quelthalas and very few people knew about it.

The blood elves and the high elves fight by the elves of blood began to feed on small animals.

The high elves were vegans crazy when the children and the elders were dying

The Warcraft Encyclopedia
    . According to the top priests and medics on Azeroth, the only high elves who perished due to the Sunwell's loss were the very old, the very young, and elves who were already in poor health.

This is not to say, however, that withdrawal from magic would leave the blood elves unharmed. On the contrary, permanent mental or physical damage is possible.

Even so, the prince's relatively quick acceptance of dire measures (e.g., draining magic from demons) is by no means characteristic of blood elves in general. The blood elves of Outland have by now discovered Kael'thas' agreement with Illidan, and they have for the most part become convinced of its necessity. Most blood elves still live on Azeroth, though. Few of these elves know of Kael'thas' pact with Illidan, and many would be horrified if they discovered it. Draining magic from small mana-bearing vermin is a far cry from draining magic from demons.

high elves are traitors and crazy vegans who prefer to see children die before eating small animals
    thank you for that, it's nice to have the quote refresh clarity of the issue. It presents are less than straightforward situation

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Do you agree with people who prefer children and old and sick people to die instead of eating animals?
    Never treated of fel, always treated people who prefer to see others die before eating animals

For me the life of a child is more important than that of a vermin
    That is twisting the issue, it feels like trying to justify a wrong. Every high elf had a choice, some of them made the choice even though it cost them their lives - it's not their principles that killed them, it was Arthas' act of defiling the sunwell which necessitated it's dispersion, or their over dependency on it - not their decision not to defile or corrupt themselves with handling fel, a force they're all too aware can easily corrupt the soul - kudos to the demon hunters for resisting that corruption in the soul, but it is is absolutely the right thing not to take fel for those who refused it when the other option was available. It is stronger to resist and refuse based on doing right than it is to compromise like Kael did and in general the blood elves.

ANd yes, I note that not all blood elves did - kudos for them, so i'm not condemning the blood elves as evil, even though many did compromise and that was wrong. let's call it what it was, the blood elves were going astray from what is good until they meet A'dal - they were been lead into evil by a prince who had gone past even his mentor Illidan and gone further into evil - let's not forget the blood elves did a lot of wrong, harsh and cruel things during that period till their redemption. And while not all did, le'ts not forget that for a while, blood elf meant all those things to a lot of others, and still does, even though they've moved on../

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Eh...The Night Elves have always struggled with diplomacy both within the Alliance and with Neutral factions.

The Night Elves have a few more notable people not named Illidan, Tyrande, Malfurion, Maiev or Jarod who aren't dead but they're tied up in other things. Shandris Feathermoon needs some development for starters. She was a kid during the War of the Ancients and ended up being Tyrande's adopted kid sister. She now commands the Night Elves' main army. How does she not get ANY plot development?!

In regards to the Nightborne, I want both factions to get them but it will never happen. Certainly not after the Pandaren. There is definitely potential for them to join either or both factions for what I've seen so far.
    Why do you want both factions to have them? I think they belong in Night elvendom - either as a separate distinct part of the night elves, or in their own right as a 3rd group of elves but allied and hence connected in some ways to the other night elves.

For some reason i don't like the idea of the blood elves getting even the good night elf based stuff - it shouldn't, but it grates me. I think blizzard have done very well for the blood elves and made them amazing to the extent i really feel the night elves seem rubbishy in comparison. From their city, to the way they carry themselves, their victories, their attitude, they are sharp, intelligent, fierce, driven and it shows, they have gorgeous appearance, beautiful architecture and lands - a very diverse society. They are not just magisters, but they've got a strong Light theme in their paladins, and ranger/hunter establishment in their farstriders - they've got their fixed assets, and plenty of lore development in wow.

Why then take the first nice night based elven thing you create off of the night elves, with clear star/moon/night themes that for once is advanced and amazing then give it to the blood elves or share it with them - when you have the night elves quite shabby, in need of quite the boost, you've written them broken and losing a lot of the time, etc, and really needing a boost. Or very close allies that really get them relate to them.

It feels they should bond with the night elves, either as a separate group that become really close because of their shared heritage and the experience of this war - like the night elves bringing both the cure to the nightwell curse and its cleansing to the nightborne, and the nightborne bringing respectable magical strength and knowledge.. we already saw both the draenei and worgen kick off with night elven friendships but both these groups are far more attuned to the humans - the night elves feel a bit isolated. Having a close tight relationship with the nightborne in a similar way the humans have with the worgen, would be great, or the nightborne becoming part of the night elf group like the highborne Shen'dralar kinda did - i.e. separate, but allied would also work.

To me it gives night elvendom a wider scope that at least isn't fighting itself, having it's druidic aspects in the forests and wilds, it's high society bits with the nightborne/highborne who are the arcane magic wing, and the priests who are underpin the whole society -- it's like building the night elven group up again - i'm fine with either close allies or part of the same group. I don't think the blood elves need the nightborne.

Ofc I don't think the nightborne need to hate the blood elves.. quite the contrary, like the draenei gained a friendship with the blood elves although being on the opposite side, I feel amongst the night elves the highborne/nightborne should be the ones friendly with the blood/high elves but obviously not necessarily close - more like not at war, mutual admiration/respect.

Anyway you yourselves have mentioned the night elves struggle with diplomacy etc, it fits their reclusive and isolated/isolationist nature well. The nightborne would be a welcome partner to them, like an adventurous more outgoing ambitious type, more eager to interact, and spread night elven culture ..and by that i mean the original night elf culture and ways in the world. Whiles the night elves are largely reclusive, we see the nightborne pushing out as a wing of them or their own race, but a measure of representation for the night group of elves.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-11-25 at 10:39 PM.