Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That shit was creepy. And Mimikyu is...ugh. At least the fight was easy with Inceneroar.
    That fight was pretty easy for me, mainly because the hypnosis misses :P

HOWEVER LURANTIS WAS A BITCH AND SHOULD NEVER BE EXPERIENCED AGAIN

I killed the support mon first, then it summoned a cast form which used sunny day so fml
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got in the habit of killing the totem first, after the water one summoned a fish that kept healing him for the second ally.

well I already beat the game and the elite 4 were the hardest part tbh, I didn't out level any of them like I've had up til them and ALL OF THEM WALLED MY TEAM

I had nothing to effectively counter them the struggle was real

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yes actually, nobody see's them as a real threat, they are a laughing stock, however besides the fact that they are pretty funny and pathetic, team skull in itself sets the game up for the true villains.
    Yeah I donno why its so hard for people to realize this.

Team Skull is a joke. They're seen as a joke, and they are treated as a joke. People should have gotten that in the first scene where they show up, where Ilima ignores them when they show up and keeps talking to you until they get right up in your faces.

The point is that they're a joke. I didn't think it was hard to understand, but apparently it is for a lot of people.

- - - Updated - - -

That fight was pretty easy for me, mainly because the hypnosis misses :P

HOWEVER LURANTIS WAS A BITCH AND SHOULD NEVER BE EXPERIENCED AGAIN

I killed the support mon first, then it summoned a cast form which used sunny day so fml
    Yeah same happened, it was after this fight that I switched to killing the Totem Pokemon first.

well I already beat the game and the elite 4 were the hardest part tbh, I didn't out level any of them like I've had up til them and ALL OF THEM WALLED MY TEAM

I had nothing to effectively counter them the struggle was real
    Ya the E4 was super fun this go around, i wasnt over leveled at all. Granted my team was poorly balanced, Tsareena Muk Mudsdale Araquanid Wishiwashi and Primarina, but they were pretty hard.

Hala started off easily because i had Mudsdale god. Then he pulled out Crabominable and i shit my pants killed Mudds Tsareena and Araqua iirc. Muk was able to sinch it tho, A-Muk is a god.

Olivia was much easier given my team comp.

Acerola wasn't too bad thanks to god Muk.

Kahili was pretty annoying i burned my z move on that damn Skarmory to get it down fast. He got spikes up tho the others wenrt too bad except for that damn Toucannon who swept half my team

Kukui was the hardest thing I have experienced in Pokemon in years if not ever, he actually beat me the first go around before i reloaded. The stealth rock whirlwind combo was annoying as fuck with no fire or fighting Magnezone and Snorelax walled me hard, i also gained a new appreciation for Decidueye. Tanky fucker with good move pool and good attack.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah I donno why its so hard for people to realize this.

Team Skull is a joke. They're seen as a joke, and they are treated as a joke. People should have gotten that in the first scene where they show up, where Ilima ignores them when they show up and keeps talking to you until they get right up in your faces.

The point is that they're a joke. I didn't think it was hard to understand, but apparently it is for a lot of people.
    In fairness this game has been a lot more 'aware' to such things than any previous, where the grunts of the 'serious' bad guys were as stupid as the Team Skull ones, just less over the top. They did exactly the same things and you can't fault someone after 20 years for simply taking the team as they have every one previous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The grunts of Team Skull are, by far and away, worse than any of the other Team's Grunts. They talk like absolute idiots, they freak out over stupid shit, and generally don't seem to have any actual goal in mind beyond calling Guzma "cool." Even Team Rocket goons talked about stealing pokemon to sell them for cash. I think I've only encountered about 3-4 Skull Grunts who even talk about stealing pokemon or making money. The rest are just rejects or outcasts who are trying to be cool.

And Ilima's mockery of them is definitely NOT the first time its brought up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest problem with call for help? It can happen turn one after you false swipe/hold back on it. It's utter bullshit. Sometimes I just wanna fill a dex page ya know? But for IV/Shiny chaining it's pretty good. Just seems like an oversight to allow it to happen turn one.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Biggest problem with call for help? It can happen turn one after you false swipe/hold back on it. It's utter bullshit. Sometimes I just wanna fill a dex page ya know? But for IV/Shiny chaining it's pretty good. Just seems like an oversight to allow it to happen turn one.
    Apparently false swipe increases the call for help chance

(Storyline spoilers)So I'm still not done with the game, but I just got to the Aether Foundation again after Lillie is kidnapped and holy shit. I think the Aether Foundation is easily the most evil team organization we've come across. Before that I had Team Galactic pegged for that due to them being literal terrorists and killing tons of Pokemon, but seeing Lusamine basically having dead Pokemon on display in her office was just...jesus christ lol. And while I usually don't care about this, it is nice to see a woman be the leader of an evil Team. And Lusamine takes the cake for insanity. Only up against, once again, Cyrus maybe, in terms of just...sheer nutso factor.

I'm really liking the story this time around, which I can't think I've ever said on any other generation.

I was one of the hipsters who was pretty wary about Sun and Moon until about a month before it came out (Probably not a coincidence that was when more and more Aether Foundation information was being released), but I'm so happy that I was wrong. I'm absolutely loving Moon, and this game is quickly approaching my favorite, nudging up against HG/SS as the best game.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-11-26 at 07:20 AM.

I'm so happy we still get mega evolutions. E4 was kinda a joke for my team

Ya false swipe seems firmly in the only use for sos farming camp. The chance at sos calls probably increaces dramatacly at 1 hp, for capturing you stuck with throwing nest balls or ultras and sleep. In addition to EVs and Shinys S.o.S battles can apparently call in rare pokes only seen through sos. Or even call in pokemon evos far earlier then you can normally get them. Serebii says you can get a level 13 salamace on route 3.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2016-11-26 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post

Got myself a Dugtrio or should i say... Dudetrio... I'll go and cry in the corner now.
    I have to say.....out of all the Alolan forms of old Pokémon, the new Dugtrio is definitely the worst and laziest design of the bunch.

It's like the devs needed one more old school Pokémon to bring forward to meet their quota and were all out of ideas and just said "fuck it, give Diglett/Dugtrio hair and call it a day."

Even the new Exeggutor design had enough thought put into it to at least make me go "eh, whatever, good enough." The new Dugtrio however just makes me facepalm so damn hard.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-11-26 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Use the munchlax you get as a gift and be sure you have hold back and yarn. (he gets it when it evolves)

Use yarn on 1.st turn, then hold back on second. Pokemon who are sleeping cant call for help.

Sounds a bit rapey eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So the attack used exclusively for catching pokemon doesn't work because they will always try to call for help.

It's ridiculously pointless. The very least they could have done is make it so the summoned pokemon couldn't call for help.
    Kill main pokemon after you get secondary to low HP. profit.

Getting bored of Salamence hunting now.
    3 hours and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I have to say.....out of all the Alolan forms of old Pokémon, the new Dugtrio is definitely the worst and laziest design of the bunch.

It's like the devs needed one more old school Pokémon to bring forward to meet their quota and were all out of ideas and just said "fuck it, give Diglett/Dugtrio hair and call it a day."

Even the new Exeggutor design had enough thought put into it to at least make me go "eh, whatever, good enough." The new Dugtrio however just makes me facepalm so damn hard.
    Alolan persian is just a persian with a fat face because it's "well fed" from being pampered

at least dugtrio's hair is lava

Deleted
    Alolan persian is just a persian with a fat face because it's "well fed" from being pampered

at least dugtrio's hair is lava
    I had a meowth in my team because i thought i was going to have a beautiful persian after evolving...
    When i saw your coment i googled persian and i found this:

WTF IS THIS!?! I'm droping my meowth immediately! LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    At the second Kahuna soon and my team consists of Dartrix, Slowpoke, Arcanine, Haunter, Magnemite and Snorlax. Not having any problems so far.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    At the second Kahuna soon and my team consists of Dartrix, Slowpoke, Arcanine, Haunter, Magnemite and Snorlax. Not having any problems so far.
    I'm using Grimer for about 99% of the fights, next to that I have Snorlax, Fomantis, Kadabra, Torracat and Egg(like, round bobbly object). I haven't really bothered with assembling a full team, since so far, Grimer has had one fight where he had a weakness.