Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What I kind of meant about the chimaera shot baseline was more on the lines of if it's baseline and we don't use it atleast we'll "maybe" get a cool new talent. What I'm really trying to say it just remove Chimaera Shot, change it, or give us something new.

Blink strikes being baseline is just weird. I don't want my pet to be some magical ninja all the time.

Just improve pet ai and speed.

I love the idea of Dire Frenzy enabling our pet to pounce on enemies. Or how about just letting our pets pounce in general? Instead of blink strikes baseline just have a pounce ability or a leap ability. Pet movement is the number one cause of us BM hunters losing DPS.

Stampede should probably stay as it has it's place in certain situations. Killer Cobra isn't bad because I enjoy how it changes our playstyle even it it's a small change. Aspect of the Beast should just be thrown in the trash.

Stomp is too OP. Give us a choice in that tree. I also don't like summoning magical beasts from thin air.

Cobra Shot is meh. I hate spending focus on it sometimes.

I just want the spec to have a rewarding feel. I want reasons to press buttons. I'm not saying I want the RNG fest of MM. The reason I don't play MM is the playstyle is just not for me... I don't worship RNJesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the way I feel about BM is because almost all of our dps is from our pets we don't scale well AT ALL! We could be tops at the beginning of a certain encounter or at the beginning of progressing through a raid but by the end we are middle of the pack/bottom. Another reason this happens to us is because our down time and because our DPS is mainly through our Bestial Wrath windows... So we'll be high and then go low and then from low we'll go medium-high again during our next bestial wrath. By the end we're just low.

Chimera shot needs to be reworked not made baseline.

Deleted
    chimeara doing 60K dmg is such a fucking joke

Increase pet speed, my #1 wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Make Hati not slow and useless.

Would fix BM.
    100% god even my stealth spirit beast move 2x as fast as Hati. Just give Hait the same speed as pet. Heck they even make a talnet

IMPROVE Hati - Hati learns your pet and does the same the same moves/special abilites as your pet. Hati damage is 80% of your pet.

That would be a talent I would take. The damage Hati does can get change/adjust if it is too high/low.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? Why is Hati so damn slow? He should be as fast as your pet, and teleport with Blink Strikes when possible too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Its more of an insult than anything else. With WoW being more simplified than ever before, you got this spec which is even easier to pick up and play. Playing a certain spec shouldn't already label you going into it.
    I've run several hundred random heroics/Mythics at this point and at no point has anyone said 'eww a BM hunter'. If anything I think BM has a reputation for being 'beast mode' in Mythics/Mythic+. So I can't say I feel labeled as anything with a negative connotation.

As far as being 'easy to play' goes, while on my gnome hunter, I queue'd for a random heroic and got paired with another, comparably-geared BM hunter and did more than twice his damage/dps. The difference was enough that after the run, he whispered me and asked if I could help him figure out what he was doing wrong/needed to improve on.

Point being - simple or not, someone who is skilled/practiced with BM spec will noticeably outperform someone who isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Seriously? Why is Hati so damn slow? He should be as fast as your pet, and teleport with Blink Strikes when possible too.
    Its inexcusable how bad his AI/pathing is.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    100% god even my stealth spirit beast move 2x as fast as Hati. Just give Hait the same speed as pet. Heck they even make a talnet

IMPROVE Hati - Hati learns your pet and does the same the same moves/special abilites as your pet. Hati damage is 80% of your pet.

That would be a talent I would take. The damage Hati does can get change/adjust if it is too high/low.
    I'd probably say about 60% of main pets damage.

But yeah, pet AI is a fucking joke. They need to fix Hati's speed and make Blink Strike baseline just without the damage component.
    @Mirishka Maybe no one has not said " ewww a BM hunter " because they decline you before you get in the group? xD I'm currently 883 ilvl and get declined from regular mythics on a daily basis.

bm is completely broken and beyond any fixes this xpack imo. there are just too many things on a very basic level completely not functioning in a raiding environment.
    Not to mention that the simplicity is absolutely embarassing. I mean how can you not play nearly perfect at this point... at least rotation-wise. It feels like it is a spec meant for retards. which surprisingly fits the description of a good number of bm players I met. 5- mans are a different topic, they are not real end game content to me though so I don't care. can just as well do those as mm
    Last edited by Heltoray; 2016-11-26 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    bm is completely broken and beyond any fixes this xpack imo. there are just too many things on a very basic level completely not functioning in a raiding environment.
    Not to mention that the simplicity is absolutely embarassing. I mean how can you not play nearly perfect at this point... at least rotation-wise. It feels like it is a spec meant for retards. which surprisingly fits the description of a good number of bm players I met. 5- mans are a different topic, they are not real end game content to me though so I don't care. can just as well do those as mm
    Found the MM fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Found the MM fanboy.
    mm is a broken piece of junk as well. no fun, no flow. It is just far more likely to get fixed at least partially. bm in its core is completely not working at the moment and i dont see how it should.

Deleted
    mm is a broken piece of junk as well. no fun, no flow. It is just far more likely to get fixed at least partially. bm in its core is completely not working at the moment and i dont see how it should.
    BM needs some work but it's not broken, same with MM. Are you angry at the class/spec or your ability to play it? I raid mythic as BM and i make it work. Not Op like some classes but it could be worse.

Deleted
    I just want wod bm, with serpent sting - purely for the fact it is an instant cast spell that one can pull things with in the world. Hati seemed a nice idea, but frankly it just annoys me now and clutters my screen.

BM needs some work but it's not broken, same with MM. Are you angry at the class/spec or your ability to play it? I raid mythic as BM and i make it work. Not Op like some classes but it could be worse.
    i have been playing more or less competitively for like 10 years. only once did i feel the whole class was in a state as bad and broken as right now and that was during cata pre patch. bm has more talents and core elements that are broken than ones that are functioning - in a spec with like 5 abilities... I dont even see how bm could possibly be useful in current encounter design if its single target capabilities dont get buffed massively while adding complexity. it just doesnt fit their current direcrion and i am almost certain they will not give bm the full overhaul it needs in legion. mm needs a talent redesign in 2 or 3 tiers and number tweaks to work which is not too far fetched. i fear they will not manage to make it feel fun though.
    this is the first time in 6 years that i am thinking about rerolling again, it just isnt fun right now.
    Last edited by Heltoray; 2016-11-26 at 11:05 AM.

BM needs a couple of fixes.

Blink Strike needs to be baseline, no extra damage, its CD should be much lower too, something like 5 sec, not 20, put a new useful talent there.

Problem with BM apart from the pathetic downtime is also the pet taking forever to do anything which Blink Strike fixes insantly.

Secondly, level 100 talents..What the fucking fuck, so fucking bad, spamming Kill Command after Cobra Shot isnt bad, but focus starved ftw when doing so.

Overall the spec has serious focus regeneration and downtime issues, its simple yet oh so boring.

My hunter is just my alt, hence playing BM once every week literally cause after the initial burst and popping everything whenever they are up again, properly you still end up sucking cause its damage its pathetic.

Hati is pathetic, should do damage as a second pet, not lower, and i am pretty sure DPS issues are fixed then.

Problem of BM is PvP, which he can be rather annoyingly broken so they destroy his PvE too
    Last edited by potis; 2016-11-26 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    i have been playing more or less competitively for like 10 years. only once did i feel the whole class was in a state as bad and broken as right now and that was during cata pre patch. bm has more talents and core elements that are broken than ones that are functioning - in a spec with like 5 abilities... I dont even see how bm could possibly be useful in current encounter design if its single target capabilities dont get buffed massively while adding complexity. it just doesnt fit their current direcrion and i am almost certain they will not give bm the full overhaul it needs in legion. mm needs a talent redesign in 2 or 3 tiers and number tweaks to work which is not too far fetched. i fear they will not manage to make it feel fun though.
    this is the first time in 6 years that i am thinking about rerolling again, it just isnt fun right now.
    Define competitive.

You keep going on about how BM is brain dead but there are literally no specs anymore that the average Joe can't just pick up and play without much understanding which is Blizzards intention so it's not going to change. I personally don't mind BM doing less damage than MM overall when it comes to just whaling on a boss and falling asleep.

I have unlimited mobility so can keep my DPS while moving and get to go do raid mechanics that suit mobility.

Just bake in blink strikes so i can change targets and not have to wait 5 seconds to be able to KC as my pets dash is on CD and they move like they have been hobbled.

Define competitive.

You keep going on about how BM is brain dead but there are literally no specs anymore that the average Joe can't just pick up and play without much understanding which is Blizzards intention so it's not going to change. I personally don't mind BM doing less damage than MM overall when it comes to just whaling on a boss and falling asleep.

I have unlimited mobility so can keep my DPS while moving and get to go do raid mechanics that suit mobility.

Just bake in blink strikes so i can change targets and not have to wait 5 seconds to be able to KC as my pets dash is on CD and they move like they have been hobbled.
    you may judge by my armory in my signature if that's competitive or not. mobility is not even a problem in the current tier. I would actually like bm to be usable for raids, it just isn't right now and it will most likely not be for the duration of legion. I could pick it up, no problem. That would basically mean to accept being dead last in most raid encounters right now.

Deleted
    you may judge by my armory in my signature if that's competitive or not. mobility is not even a problem in the current tier. I would actually like bm to be usable for raids, it just isn't right now and it will most likely not be for the duration of legion. I could pick it up, no problem. That would basically mean to accept being dead last in most raid encounters right now.
    Just checked your logs and no offence but it looks like a L2P issue with you and not BM being as bad as you make out. You Me

People in this thread who say "BM is dead" or "BM is broken" are being dim. The spec is not dead. It's not broken. It works perfectly fine. You just don't like it, and that's okay.

I'd personally boost Hati's single target DPS a bit so we're very close to BM in that capacity, and bake in Blink Strikes into the spec. Otherwise, it plays fine.

Yes, there is downtime... BUT WE ARE INSTA-CAST. Mages and shadow priests and balance druids and elemental shamans all have cast times. They don't press any more buttons than we do for regular damage, necessarily speaking... they just have to wait for cast times. Would you rather stand in place and cast for two seconds, or would you like to press your button and reposition if needed? I choose the latter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    People in this thread who say "BM is dead" or "BM is broken" are being dim. The spec is not dead. It's not broken. It works perfectly fine. You just don't like it, and that's okay.

I'd personally boost Hati's single target DPS a bit so we're very close to BM in that capacity, and bake in Blink Strikes into the spec. Otherwise, it plays fine.

Yes, there is downtime... BUT WE ARE INSTA-CAST. Mages and shadow priests and balance druids and elemental shamans all have cast times. They don't press any more buttons than we do for regular damage, necessarily speaking... they just have to wait for cast times. Would you rather stand in place and cast for two seconds, or would you like to press your button and reposition if needed? I choose the latter.
    Never thought of it like that.

I'd rather, as a QoL improvement have our damage worked around having blink strikes baked in rather than having to wait while our pets run across the map to change targets. Maybe like pets do 80% damage after blinking to target for 5 seconds. So we can switch instantly but with a minor penalty.