Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    an old man died big deal, who cares

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Castro was nothing more than a communist dictator that kept his people oppressed and in poverty. We can only hope his regime will fall soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It's caused quite a celebration here in Miami.

Either way, he hasn't had control of the country for nearly eight years. His death is mostly symbolic at this point
    My cousins (half cuban) who live in Miami and their family were dancing in the street last night.

They're exceedingly happy from what I can tell. But a few of them went back to Cuba to visit over the summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Castro was nothing more than a communist dictator that kept his people oppressed and in poverty. We can only hope his regime will fall soon.
    His brother is probably not that long off either, the man is in his mid 80s now and is the one actually in control of Cuba.

Deleted
    lets hope theresa may dies soon i mean shes maggy thatcher v2 and she only been in office what 5 months. tbh allof humanity is fucked i hope a meteor hits us and kills us all

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    lets hope theresa may dies soon i mean shes maggy thatcher v2 and she only been in office what 5 months. tbh allof humanity is fucked i hope a meteor hits us and kills us all
    You can emulate that bit, yourself. Cheers.

Deleted
    Batista was so much better

Idiots that never pick up books to understand .

I personally dont like communism but you people spouting like this just shows ignorance to what cuba was before castro

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post

I personally dont like communism but you people spouting like this just shows ignorance to what cuba was before castro
    He was man! He was a dictator on a payroll at least, not an independent one!!

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Any of the Americans care to elaborate to those less local to Cuba why he's such a particular piece of shit?

Note: I'm asking from genuine ignorance, I'm not playing some aloof "Oh let's give you the rope to hang yourselves" game.
    Gee, I don't, know, would you like to be imprisoned, tortured and killed because you have a different opinion from your government?
    Would you like to live in abject poverty for the sake of a few insane people's ideology? For DECADES?
    Would you like having no elections and no say whatsoever to anything that happens in your country?
    Would you like having only one newspaper that serves as a government tool? Do you like censorship?
    Would you like having a perpetual tyrannical leader?

That would make for a very shitty country, right?

In all seriousness though, just watch the Cuban exiles and how they are jubilant about this monster's death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    He was man! He was a dictator on a payroll at least, not an independent one!!
    No one is saying that he was a great guy

But some idiots full of ignorance come here and say things without understanding what was cuba before him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    That embargo sure showed him!
    Yea, it seems like trade embargo's hurt everything except what they are supposed to target...

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post

Cuba is not a free country, bottom line.

It's easy for us. We can go on forums and say that Obama and Trump are complete cunts, if you do that in Cuba you get thrown in jail and probably beaten while inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    RIP, He was a great man.
    In the way murderous dictators are.

Deleted
    Cuba is not a free country, bottom line.

It's easy for us. We can go on forums and say that Obama and Trump are complete cunts, if you do that in Cuba you get thrown in jail and probably beaten while inside.
    wow so great things you say

Your country created a fake war on iraq .

Anyone in jail with millions of inocent killed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Glimmer of hope in 2016 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Honestly, while Fidel Castro clearly did some shit, you should read up on history, as the guy before him, Fulgencio Batista, was much worse. Sure, Cuba might have been an ally of the US then and a nice vacation spot for tourists, but for the people living there it was a shithole. Fidel really helped those living in poverty rise somewhat.

If Cuba had continued being ruled by Batista, it would have turned into a shit hole for all its people as well. Also, a thing to note, Batista was originally supported by Communists too, but moved away to the US when he wanted to make a fortune (at the expense of the Cubans, which is why there was such a strong support for Fidel Castro).

Batista was so bad that 52 people (this was aprox the original number of Fidel and Hugo Chavez's group after they hid in the woods in the first movement) managed to oust him. Because people supported these 52 rebels hiding in the woods rather than him.

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually quite true. The embargo and the numerous assassination attempts gave Fidel examples for his people that the USA does indeed try to control them no matter their wishes. If these things would not have happened, or, at least, would not have been as strong, once those that remembered Batista died, Fidel could have been ousted by his own people.
    I'm Cuban, born and raised in Cuba not in the US. I grew up hearing all the stories, in fact my grand father who passed away earlier this year was a high ranking member of the "revolution" back in the 1950s, and a pretty important guy over there, a communist needless to say.

I'm not going to get into a politic discussion with a random person online, but don't tell me to read up on history when i grew up in the Cuba Fidel created. Anyone saying he did good for people is nothing but a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    A great hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    A great hero.
    ... as murderous dictators are.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    Yeah no thanks I enjoy my life and my well paying career right now. Also wishing death on someone is kind of morbid.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-26 at 01:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He implemented Health Care for all Cubans!

Well, Batista was worse.

Something something US Imperalism.

Go to Miami and say this shit to the Cubans dancing in the streets. See if you make it out the city.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Capitalism, clearly. I'll never rationalize what Pinochet did to Chileans though.

Jesus Christ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    I'm Cuban, born and raised in Cuba not in the US. I grew up hearing all the stories, in fact my grand father who passed away earlier this year was a high ranking member of the "revolution" back in the 1950s, and a pretty important guy over there, a communist needless to say.

I'm not going to get into a politic discussion with a random person online, but don't tell me to read up on history when i grew up in the Cuba Fidel created. Anyone saying he did good for people is nothing but a fool.
    Strangely enough, I couldn't find any information nor data about Cuba when I checked.

Probably has something to do with the embargo and poor relations with the West. I'm genuinely curious though, how others are somehow experts on Cuban life under Castro.