Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Odyn Difficulty

Honestly, Mythic Odyn is one of the worst bosses i ever played.

On my realm, currently 4 Guilds killed him out of 49 guilds that are 7/7m EN. I looked at the logs of the top ~15 guilds and literally all of them wipe about 1-2 minutes into the second phase, the logs look all the same for every guild.

The duration of the fight is insane because you barely get to DPS the boss. The small adds need to be killed, then Hyrja/heimdall spawn, then you get a few tiny seconds on the boss and you are back on the adds. The second phase is >almost< as long as some EN encounters.

Healers can't keep up that long with their mana, especially considering how fucking long this fight lasts combined with nonstop never ending AoE damage. Spears shatter, Shield of Light, unerring blast, horn of valor all these occur with basically zero downtime after each other.

Global, 243 Guilds have killed Mythic Odyn since ToV mythic release almost 2 weeks ago. If you compare this to nearly any other Raid-tier, this is an extremely low number.

As it stands right now, Odyn, Guarm and Helya mythic are more difficult than the Nighthold mythic bosses we tested on the PTR.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty large step up from Mythic EN, we're also 7/7mythic EN and progressing on Odyn Mythic. I like the fight alot (as a hunter), I think the issue is that the difficulty very suddenly got stepped up, rather than gradually which is kind of frustrating I suppose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanez View Post
    It's a pretty large step up from Mythic EN, we're also 7/7mythic EN and progressing on Odyn Mythic. I like the fight alot (as a hunter), I think the issue is that the difficulty very suddenly got stepped up, rather than gradually which is kind of frustrating I suppose.
    We had like half the attempts on mythic cenarius which we are able to beat relatively easily with the burn strat. And as i said we do PTR, we did nighthold on it, at least the few bosses you could try on mythic, and we did not struggle as much on them, despite having very limited time to test them.

o no a fight cant be outgeared and instead requires completion of mechanics

whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    o no a fight cant be outgeared and instead requires completion of mechanics

whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
    we have no splitruns and still managed to clear EN somewhere between world 60 and 85, we didnt outgear shit. Stop shitposting you clown.

Deleted
    Helya's Cutting Edge achievement refers to Tomb of Sargeras.
    Xavius' ... refers to Nighthold.

You can infer from that ToV/Helya is supposed to be relevant content until 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    we have no splitruns and still managed to clear EN somewhere between world 60 and 85, we didnt outgear shit. Stop shitposting you clown.
    if we all whine loud enough blizz will nerf the fight and well all get our special golden stars

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-11-26 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post

something i would actually be fine with. I probably would be fine with Odyn too, but the fight is just way too long and badly balanced.

Helya is the endboss, which is fine. I am absolutely fine with a boss that currently only 2 guilds in the world (legit) killed taking a very long time to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Split runs are not the only way to outgear EN. Anyone who semi-hard farmed M+ could outgear mythic EN. But when you consider ENs difficulty, the gear level it was scaled for is about 865-870 when compared to prior raids.

ToV Seems to be scaled for 885 for Odyn and Guarm (maybe 885 for Guarm) and if what Method said is true (That Helya was scaled for people with NH gear) then Helya would be scaled for 890ish-900 ilvl.

Helya seems SLIGHTLY overtuned, but Odyn and Guarm just require people to be able to do great dps. Which EN mythic bosses didn't really require.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Split runs are not the only way to outgear EN. Anyone who semi-hard farmed M+ could outgear mythic EN. But when you consider ENs difficulty, the gear level it was scaled for is about 865-870 when compared to prior raids.

ToV Seems to be scaled for 885 for Odyn and Guarm (maybe 885 for Guarm) and if what Method said is true (That Helya was scaled for people with NH gear) then Helya would be scaled for 890ish-900 ilvl.

Helya seems SLIGHTLY overtuned, but Odyn and Guarm just require people to be able to do great dps. Which EN mythic bosses didn't really require.
    35traits + ppl who actually perform, where in most guilds not every one plays up to 100% all the time, not to mention unicorn legendary's for classes to perform optimal doesn't matter if your warlock is the best in the world if he has pyrdaz and sephuz you just wont bring him in cause he wont be doing the dps his spec is balanced around.

There is just way too much rng based shit at the moment.

I don't mind hard content in fact i fucking want more of it but not the way it is now.
    Its barred behind numbers that some classes just cannot achieve if they didn't get the good rng on the legendary's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    35traits + ppl who actually perform, where in most guilds not every one plays up to 100% all the time, not to mention unicorn legendary's for classes to perform optimal doesn't matter if your warlock is the best in the world if he has pyrdaz and sephuz you just wont bring him in cause he wont be doing the dps his spec is balanced around.

I don't mind hard content in fact i fucking want more of it but not the way it is now.
    Its barred behind numbers that some classes just cannot achieve if they didn't get the good rng on the legendary's.
    what you mention are the real problems that plague legion tbf, having an actual difficult filler raid without those issues is pretty good

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    mythic odyn is fun, but the only problem i have with it is that the boss's hp in that fight are really really overtuned.

fight lasts for 11min? what the actual fuck? cenarius mythic fight is shorter than mythic odyn ph1, like seriously.

fight is good, diffculty is fine, however, the fight length is not

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post

The legendary thing, choosing between players based on legendaries is next to never seen under the top 20 guilds.

Sure, if you get the Best warlock in the world, with 2 bad legendaries, and the 2nd best with the 2 best, the 2nd best will do much more. But if he was the 10th best with good legs, then you would still likely bring the best warlock in the world.

But when you get down to the 100th-900th warlocks in the world, legendaries will nearly never be what makes or breaks their position in a raid team. Unless the raid leader is an idiot, or the player is so shit that the legendaries were barely keeping them in the guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    mythic odyn is fun, but the only problem i have with it is that the boss's hp in that fight are really really overtuned.

fight lasts for 11min? what the actual fuck? cenarius mythic fight is shorter than mythic odyn ph1, like seriously.

fight is good, diffculty is fine, however, the fight length is not
    There have been many many raid encounters that long before, usually the last boss (I feel like bosses that long should be the last boss)

I can agree with you on it being too long cause it's the first boss, but if it was the last I'd say 11minutes is a fair amount of time for it to last. Maybe longer. For double lust.

Blizzard's raid designers: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The legendary thing, choosing between players based on legendaries is next to never seen under the top 20 guilds.

Sure, if you get the Best warlock in the world, with 2 bad legendaries, and the 2nd best with the 2 best, the 2nd best will do much more. But if he was the 10th best with good legs, then you would still likely bring the best warlock in the world.

But when you get down to the 100th-900th warlocks in the world, legendaries will nearly never be what makes or breaks their position in a raid team. Unless the raid leader is an idiot, or the player is so shit that the legendaries were barely keeping them in the guild.

- - - Updated - - -

There have been many many raid encounters that long before, usually the last boss (I feel like bosses that long should be the last boss)

I can agree with you on it being too long cause it's the first boss, but if it was the last I'd say 11minutes is a fair amount of time for it to last. Maybe longer. For double lust.
    Yea keep telling your self that mate.
    People will always chose whats best for their guild and what they think its good to kill/progress a boss.

I have a active roster of 30ppl we are world 688 at the moment and i will chose to sit people who do not have 35traits or cant pull the numbers, because if i do not we can't make the dps checks it is that simple.

While Odyn there is some sort of dps check so you do not get overwhelmed and that isn't much of a problem, for Guarm i just have no choice but to be picky on what i bring.
    And looking at it we will prolly have to end up 1 tanking 3 healing it just cause of what i mentioned above, not every one having 35 traits(which is fixable) or some of my dps not been lucky enough with rng god of legendary superpowers.

But you keep telling your self that people do not pick and chose.
    Because there is no reason to waste a raid night/s on boss when you know before hand you can't make the dps check it is pointless and just brings frustration and nothing else.

They said they were boss 8, 9 and 10 of this "sub-tier", so nothing wrong, Odyn is far from being a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post

Except it won't be, they made the gear in ToV absolute trash and none of it is tier or tier related. The trinkets aren't great, nothing in ToV is amazing. I don't see guilds wasting time progressing in ToV once NH comes out for 1 or 2 classes that the gear is actually BiS for. Doesn't change the fact that ToV is grossly overtuned, even the highest of high end guilds are saying it. I did Mythic Nighthold beta testing and it wasn't nearly as dreadful as ToV...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except it won't be, they made the gear in ToV absolute trash and none of it is tier or tier related. The trinkets aren't great, nothing in ToV is amazing. I don't see guilds wasting time progressing in ToV once NH comes out for 1 or 2 classes that the gear is actually BiS for. Doesn't change the fact that ToV is grossly overtuned, even the highest of high end guilds are saying it. I did Mythic Nighthold beta testing and it wasn't nearly as dreadful as ToV...
    uhm is there any specc that doesnt have the ToV stat sticks as bis trinket? (maybe not if it rolls with their worst secondary stat)

Only problem with Odyn is the length imo, p1 is just a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post
    uhm is there any specc that doesnt have the ToV stat sticks as bis trinket? (maybe not if it rolls with their worst secondary stat)

I'd be surprised if any melee wants it once NH is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by schleimhaut View Post

Mages for example.