Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Are you denying that Donald Trump rose to prominence because of his stance as a birther? No one on the republican side paid him any mind until then.
    He did not win your election with nearly half the vote, based on this no. Like i said only pure partisanry would reduce the other side victory based on only its more extremist elements, which are always a minority, therefore dont have that much effect on the vote. These people dont switch sides to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    He did not win your election with nearly half the vote, based on this no. Like i said only pure partisanry would reduce the other side victory based on only its more extremist elements, which are always a minority, therefore dont have that much effect on the vote. These people dont switch sides to begin with.
    I am simply pointing out that what you paint as extremists and irrelevant can easily be used as a stepping stone to launch you into prominence like it did with Donald Trump.

I am simply pointing out that what you paint as extremists and irrelevant can easily be used as a stepping stone to launch you into prominence like it did with Donald Trump.
    If not him, it would be another, this is again an irrelevant point. Every group always has a form of leadership, the fact remain Trump won the election, not because of an extremist group. The same extremist would have voted Republican when ever it was Trump or a scarecrow filled with turd burning an Obama birth certificate.

The $6.8 million dollars of tax payer money spend on Benghazi investigations and hearings alone would like to have a word.
    It's ok, they made it all back from the movie. A great investment really!

Yes that was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    While not surprised by your response, it does speak more to your lack of intelligence than of those who voted for Trump. It is a fact, that Hillary lost votes that once voted for Obama, they went Trump this year. So are you telling me people are smarter when they vote Dems and then just get stupid when they choose Rep? I am a college educated commercial airline pilot who is far from stupid and I voted for Trump. Perhaps if the Dem party put someone other then Hillary up people would have voted that way. As it stood, I would have voted for satan before voting for another Clinton, especially that one.
    No, it is fact that Trump supporters come from the uneducated swaths of the country. He was leading in the polls for the uneducated and whites, that is about it. And now they are seeing that Trump has basically been nothing but a wolf in sheeps clothing, basically LYING about all his campaign promises. And may I ask why you wouldn't have voted for Clinton? Is it because of the lies told to you by right wing blogs and bullshit artists?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, it is fact that Trump supporters come from the uneducated swaths of the country. He was leading in the polls for the uneducated and whites, that is about it. And now they are seeing that Trump has basically been nothing but a wolf in sheeps clothing, basically LYING about all his campaign promises. And may I ask why you wouldn't have voted for Clinton? Is it because of the lies told to you by right wing blogs and bullshit artists?
    How's the Guantanamo doing these days? Still closed as candidate Obama promised?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How's the Guantanamo doing these days? Still closed as candidate Obama promised?
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/23/po...-closure-plan/

You realize the President isn't all powerful? There is separation of powers, branches of government. And with Trump as President-elect, THANK GOD FOR THAT!
    @lockedout: Way to post in an extremely biased and partisan way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    If not him, it would be another, this is again an irrelevant point. Every group always has a form of leadership, the fact remain Trump won the election, not because of an extremist group. The same extremist would have voted Republican when ever it was Trump or a scarecrow filled with turd burning an Obama birth certificate.
    No, what you are doing is the same thing that legitimized Trump. Trump is not another politician, that would have had someone else just take his place. Trump has absolutely no qualifications what so ever to run for office. Trump has been a joke for 30+ years. It is people like you, who pretended he was just like other politicians that lead to his victory. In the same breath you argue of an extreme, then claim another would have taken his spot, that's incongruous. Is Trump the extreme alternative or is he the same as everyone else in politics?

Every single person who claimed Trump is the same or as you put it, would have the same replace him if he didn't win the nomination, is giving Trump credit for the experience and education that he never had. Trump is not the same, there wouldn't be the same taking his spot.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

You do realize that Obama did pretty much everything in his power to try to close it right? And Republicans blocked it right? It may be a broken campaign promise in the eyes of historians, but to blame it on Obama because he didn't try? Fuck off with that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What are you talking about? We have paper ballots in every district in Michigan.
    I stand corrected on a couple of points. MI is also connected to the 'net.

Could Jill Stein's vote recount change the outcome of the election?
    The Green party candidate has raised funds to file for recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania – but experts are skeptical about the effort
    In Wisconsin – where her team was due to file a recount motion by Friday afternoon – election officials would have to examine millions of paper ballots and the paper trails of the 5% of votes cast on electronic touch-screen machines.
    In Pennsylvania, there is no paper trail – a problem election observers anticipated ahead of the 8 November race. “The nightmare scenario would be if Pennsylvania decides the election and it is very close. You would have no paper records to do a recount,” Lawrence Norden, the co-author of a report on voting machines, told the Los Angeles Times in late October.
    But because machines there are not connected to the internet, like those in Michigan, officials said they couldn’t be hacked.

----------------------------

Meh...

Demographics, Not Hacking, Explain The Election Results

There’s no clear evidence that the voting method used in a county — by machine or by paper — had an effect on the vote. Anyone making allegations of a possible massive electoral hack should provide proof, and we can’t find any. But it’s not even clear the group of computer scientists and election lawyers are making these claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I'm sorry I can't read that ridiculously long garbage from mother jones. I read the first few paragraphs which contained exactly zero relevant information and now I'm done.

Here's what I found relevant:

So basically, spending in all the traditional places. A pretty stark contrast from Chris Foval.
    If youre upset that wealthy business men are influicing politics with money then you should be equally upset at the.kochs. If you arent its just partisan hackery. Fred koch Sr was tied to some incredible bad groups as well. He was a founding member of the birch society and his company literally built refineries for the nazis.

Yes its a long piece it also happens to be incredible informative which is why you wont actually read it. Their is nothing traditional about the money being spent by these individuals. In terms of raw numbers it exceeds the norms. Their is nothing normal about supporting groups that deny basic science.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-11-26 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, what you are doing is the same thing that legitimized Trump. Trump is not another politician, that would have had someone else just take his place. Trump has absolutely no qualifications what so ever to run for office. Trump has been a joke for 30+ years. It is people like you, who pretended he was just like other politicians that lead to his victory. In the same breath you argue of an extreme, then claim another would have taken his spot, that's incongruous. Is Trump the extreme alternative or is he the same as everyone else in politics?

Every single person who claimed Trump is the same or as you put it, would have the same replace him if he didn't win the nomination, is giving Trump credit for the experience and education that he never had. Trump is not the same, there wouldn't be the same taking his spot.
    I feel you are miss understanding my argument. Someone would have replaced Trump FOR THE EXTREMIST. That person might have lost if he couldnt have found a way to do like Trump and attract more than extremist. You dont lose an election because extremist vote against your side, you never had those votes. You lose because the leader of the extremist was able to consolidate enough people in the middle, those people arent extremist, saying otherwise only helps someone like Trump in the end.

Im not sure why what i said would Legitimize or unlegitimize Trump. He already earned it, unless it can be proven otherwise.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-26 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that Obama did pretty much everything in his power to try to close it right? And Republicans blocked it right?
    Oh yeah? And Trump who isn't even a president yet will have no cockblocks? Right? Right?

So follow your own advice and fuck off with that bullshit. Leave it to historians.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    If youre upset that wealthy business men are influicing politics with money then you should be equally upset at the.kochs. If you arent its just partisan hackery. Fred koch Sr was tied to some incredible bad groups as well. He was a founding member of the birch society and his company literally built refineries for the nazis.

Yes its a long piece it also happens to be incredible informative which is why you wont actually read it. Their is nothing traditional about the money being spent by these individuals. In terms of raw numbers it exceeds the norms.
    Meanwhile Soros is caught funding organizations planting people at Trump rallies attempting to incite violence, and Koch brothers are spending money the same way it's always been spent.

You can't beat the bad guys by becoming them.

If you want me or anyone else to truly believe the Koch's are somehow worse or even equivalent just because they're rich, tell me why they're worse.

And that article you linked is total garbage from top to bottom.

Oh yeah? And Trump who isn't even a president yet will have no cockblocks? Right? Right?

So follow your own advice and fuck off with that bullshit. Leave it to historians.
    He will have cockblocks, but you named one of his campaign promises that he didn't keep. Trump on the other hand, has basically backtracked on EVERY campaign promise he has made. And his supporters still will kneel on their knees just to get the opportunity to blow him. Even though he already is going to fuck them later.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    So here's a guy that claims the donations have come in by the hour at a set rate.
    https://i.sli.mg/oZ0cE6.png

Thought for sure i would get to the bottom and it'd be signed by Alex Jones, it sounds like something he'd come up with or do.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Like I said, only if necessary, which it isn't at this point. Which makes asking for 7 million more for an unnecessary recount ludacris.
    I would agree to that if there was clear evidence that there was a reason to recount. This is just an attempt to further discredit Trump really. The funny thing is, it will backfire on them. When the recount comes back basically the same, it will legitimize Trump and make the Dems just look like crybabies and sore losers.

They haven't learned the lesson of the last election. The e-mails were a bit deal not so much because they were classified but because people thought that Hillary was walking away from something that would put me or you in jail. It was a clear double standard and people did not like that. Now, when Trump said he might not accept the election, Obama called him "dangerous" and Hillary said he was a "threat to democracy," now she is not accepting the election.

The double standard is in effect again. It's not ok if Trump does it, but, c'mon, this is Hillary- we should get behind her on this (now send us some money)!

The only difference is that Trump had the courage to look people in the face and say he wouldn't accept it and Hillary is hiding behind her little puppet/ proxy Jill Stein.

Also, Hillary has hundreds of millions of dollars and god knows how much money the DNC has, why do they need to crowd fund this? I suspect that if Trump were contesting the election he would have paid out of pocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will have cockblocks, but you named one of his campaign promises that he didn't keep. Trump on the other hand, has basically backtracked on EVERY campaign promise he has made. And his supporters still will kneel on their knees just to get the opportunity to blow him. Even though he already is going to fuck them later.
    Just because I named one, doesn't mean it's just one. Duh. You can google the rest if you care to be objective that is.
    As for Trump - you can start criticizing his promises by the end of his term. The man haven't even started yet. Talk is talk.

Great, because not enogh money has been wasted on this election so far already... Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    So here's a guy that claims the donations have come in by the hour at a set rate.
    https://i.sli.mg/oZ0cE6.png

Thought for sure i would get to the bottom and it'd be signed by Alex Jones, it sounds like something he'd come up with or do.
    I think it's pretty reasonable to suspect this fund would be getting some high end donors. Whatever the Clinton fund can manage to scrape together at this point will probably find its winding way into this last gasp before dying.

So maybe the guy is crazy, but I don't think this is an entirely grass roots donation fund.