Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Thank you well said. Also add in why mythic players/guilds complete the raids at the level they do. Yes, some are near the best players but not all. But, they raid 4 hours or more a day and can have 100's of wipes on bosses. Should that now not be allowed?
    My guild raid only 8 hours a week. I think the amount you can spend in Mythic raid zone should be limited to 8hours a week, per account. So people don't abuse it and don't feel forced to raid more than 8 hours a week to compete with people who can.

P.S Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Zrah View Post
    My guild raid only 8 hours a week. I think the amount you can spend in Mythic raid zone should be limited to 8hours a week, per account. So people don't abuse it and don't feel forced to raid more than 8 hours a week to compete with people who can.

P.S Kappa
    Exactly mine only raids 6 hours at most so everyone else cannot exceed that or they have an advantage over me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Exactly mine only raids 6 hours at most so everyone else cannot exceed that or they have an advantage over me.
    Definitely. Some weeks I can only play 2-3 hours. I should be able to notify Blizzard so during those weeks everybody is only allowed to log in for up to 3 hours, so I don't feel at a disadvantage.

Deleted
    I think we should revert to good old BWL and make the initial Nefarian mode unilateral.

1 hour to kill the boss / week. Then it despawns and you have to wait for next week.

/s

Deleted
    Someone brought it up earlier but why do raids still have lockouts if they wanna reward players who can play more? Or why can you run out of WQs?

Would people be ok if pet battles were the only real way to farm AP and you had to do that all day?

Why would you want to limit something people ENJOY running, just because you seem to find a problem with it?

Holy hell, stop trying to force your limits\conditions\issues onto the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    Definitely. Some weeks I can only play 2-3 hours. I should be able to notify Blizzard so during those weeks everybody is only allowed to log in for up to 3 hours, so I don't feel at a disadvantage.
    Sounds like a good idea. I'll tell blizz from now on when I am unable, on vacation or just don't feel like playing and have them not allow anyone else to play or exceed my play time

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why would you want to limit something people ENJOY running, just because you seem to find a problem with it?

Holy hell, stop trying to force your limits\conditions\issues onto the game itself.
    Sometimes limitations are needed to make a game work. If you just let the player run the entire experience, the player will often either ruin the game or ruin their own experience.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Hmmm, Blizzard doesn't seem to think so from what they have stated in the past. Also, playing 7-10 hours a week is quite a lot when you think about it.

I'll never understand why people don't want "casuals" to be able to progress in WoW. If the game was all about "hardcore" players it would be completely dead.
    But you are doing the exact same just backwards.
    Because you don't have the time you want nobody to progress. Don't you see how hypocritical you are here?

People say M+ is rewarding.
    I disagree, it's the most unrewarding content I've ever done in a MMO. Sure, if you spam MoS and other garbage low level keystones for 10 hours a day for a week straight it's rewarding and you'll finally get something, but if you only do a few keystones a week, you're basically going to get garbage because:

The item needs to titanforge/warforge to be usable most of the time
    The item needs proper secondaries
    You need to actually get the drop, or the drop from someone else needs to be tradable(stacking armor types almost mandatory)

You're also not rewarded for doing harder M+, you're rewarded more for spamming low level keystones on easy dungeons until your brain goes numb.

I did lots of high level M+ during the first few weeks of it and we'd struggle through and have a blast, but at the end of all the runs none of us would end up with upgrades and it felt like a waste of time.

This is even more noticable on hard affix weeks, where you're doing the same dungeons, the loot system is the EXACT SAME , except now they're 10x harder yet you don't get 10x the rewards! Yay for most unrewarding content ever!

We'd end the week with basically no one getting a single upgrade after doing lots of hard keystones for FUN. This would mean we couldn't even progress further into M+ next week or push ourselves harder because we didn't get stronger, thus were stuck doing the same dungeons. There's no reason to even do M+ on hard affix weeks, you have to play 100x harder and get the EXACT same rewards, how is that fair? It's not, it's unrewarding and unfun.

M+ has one of the worst designed reward systems I've ever seen in a MMO in 15 years of playing them. Nearly any other MMO I play if something is more difficult, it's always more rewarding. That isn't the case here - the game literally screams "do easy low level keystones over and over until your eyes bleed"

Oh, and the M+ Chest at end of the week? I sure do love getting USELESS RINGS AND AMULETS WITH WRONG SECONDARIES OUT OF IT. Yep, fantastic waste of an entire week.

M+ is a fantastic system that obviously didn't leave alpha testing. I have no idea why they had such a long alpha/beta phase, but they obviously used it for NOTHING. Classes are hilariously designed/imbalanced(number tuning) and content is horribly done.

I don't agree with M+ being rewarding, or too rewarding. I think it's the least rewarding content for reward:effort ratio(Unless you spam boring as hell low level easy keystones) I've ever experienced in a MMO.

It's part of the main reason I quit the game immediately after 3 weeks and won't touch it again.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-11-26 at 04:40 PM.

M+ is the only good thing in this shitstain of an expansion

the problem i have with mythic+ is that some dungeons arent rewarding enough compared to others everyone just wants to do cos or mos coz they are quick easy and rewarding so its impossible to get say hov 9 done if u get that key as no1 wants to do it.

i've spent 30 minuets listed to get my key done and ive just now found the other 2 dps i need

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    the problem i have with mythic+ is that some dungeons arent rewarding enough compared to others everyone just wants to do cos or mos coz they are quick easy and rewarding so its impossible to get say hov 9 done if u get that key as no1 wants to do it.

i've spent 30 minuets listed to get my key done and ive just now found the other 2 dps i need
    Yep, why should they do your keystone or harder dungeons? Blizzard have no idea how to reward people for their effort properly and think it's ok to reward people equally for doing piss easy dungeons or extremely difficult ones.

It's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Yep, why should they do your keystone or harder dungeons? Blizzard have no idea how to reward people for their effort properly and think it's ok to reward people equally for doing piss easy dungeons or extremely difficult ones.

It's stupid.

i could think of a few things to help with this either:

skitterish/teeming dosen't apply
    reduce the amount of trash in those dungeons
    increase the amount of ap/loot rewarded
    add a quest that gives a chunk of ap+ a free seal when you complete say HoV or brh at +8 or higher for example

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I kinda feel you should only be able to open one chest per level per week.

I admit that currently mythic plus is to rewarding.
    Tbh its not rewarding enough for its difficulty. I woukd be ok with only beeing able to do one of each dungeon per week if the rewards were better. Cmon you bust yourself out through necrotic and raging aka a hardly healable tank and enrage mobs and you get worse gear than a faceroll Xavius heroic.

Quite honestly the stress you go through is worlds appart. You have to put considerably less effort in a raid to obtain better rewards.

Deleted
    **Edited - see bottom**
    EDIT:
    Honestly you guys, instead of flaming and insulting me, how about you come up with something coherent and intelligent in response? Instead of "hur dur time played you suck" maybe you should present an alternative viewpoint? Or is that expecting too much?

Tell me what you have against capping M+ runs at let's say 14 a week, that's 2 per day.
    Why should players with more time being restricted in what they can do in the game because of players who have less time? That does not make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    I agree that 1h/day is not enough to be competetive in high-end content. But nobody is telling people how much they should play, what OP means is that the current M+ reward system is imbalanced, to favor repeated farming more than before. This also makes skill less important. Before Legion there was always a cap for rewards from this kind of activities.

People don't run MoS 100 times/week because it's fun, they do it because of the current reward system. Blizzard already admitted that some people have been farming mythic+ much more than they expected.
    Yes, 100% this. I'm not saying I want people to play less, I'm saying that I think M+ is far too rewarding and thus mandatory to spam.

Hmmm, Blizzard doesn't seem to think so from what they have stated in the past. Also, playing 7-10 hours a week is quite a lot when you think about it.

I'll never understand why people don't want "casuals" to be able to progress in WoW. If the game was all about "hardcore" players it would be completely dead.
    Oh boy, your post is just disgusting. Nowhere did I say I didn't want casuals to progress, but progressing in a meaningful way is obviously from a hardcore perspective, which you yourself brought into light with your post. Trying to pile this on to me as if I'm somehow a casual-hater is just petty and malicious, to say the least.

You said you play 45 minutes on average a day. That's what's in your post, genius. That amounts to just over 5 hours a week. Trying to think you can do hardcore things at that level is just pitiful. Rework your perspective on life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Marshal Sigismund View Post
    Oh boy, your post is just disgusting. Nowhere did I say I didn't want casuals to progress, but progressing in a meaningful way is obviously from a hardcore perspective, which you yourself brought into light with your post. Trying to pile this on to me as if I'm somehow a casual-hater is just petty and malicious, to say the least.

You said you play 45 minutes on average a day. That's what's in your post, genius. That amounts to just over 5 hours a week. Trying to think you can do hardcore things at that level is just pitiful. Rework your perspective on life.
    I think you are overreacting, bud. Also, I play a little more on the weekend so I would say I average 7-10 hours a week. WoW is a GAME, if you can't do anything meaningful in 7-10 hours a week then that is wrong IMO.

This thread turned into a time played discussion, but it was originally a M+ discussion. I'd like to keep it about the M+ system and how it's too rewarding currently. Thanks.

Yes, 100% this. I'm not saying I want people to play less, I'm saying that I think M+ is far too rewarding and thus mandatory to spam.
    M+ is the least rewarding content ever created in a game.
    You are FORCED to spam it for it to have any semblance of reward.